Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Fuel pressure constantly dropping???

1. Top Of Page | #1
    Instagram Manager IG Operations's Avatar

User Info Menu

Fuel pressure constantly dropping???

Ok so my buddies 2000 2500 has a fuel pressure gauge. He just picked it up 3 weeks ago. It's been fine until 2 days ago, his truck started stalling. As his fuel pressure went from 15 to 2psi under load. Unless he is only idling the fp sticks around 5psi. Sometimes lower. He's replaced the lift pump, fuel filter and filled his tank. And it still does it. Any possibilities of what the problem could be

Tag us @ #igotacummins_com to have your photos reposted.

2. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Bump

3. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

I'm thinkin I'm thinkin! Sheeesh

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

4. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

is he sure it doesn't have an in tank pump?

S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

5. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

He's gunna check but he doesn't think so

6. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

2000 if never modified has an in tank pump

2014 Ram 2500 CCSB Ram Box Larime
    2011 Ram 5500
    2006 Diesel Jeep Liberty
    RIP. 2016 Tradesman 2500 picked up 9/28/16 MM3 DRD Tuning 107K miles wrecked by jeep wrangler.....

Other Toys: 1973 Charger Bougham edition 400 big block 42K original miles
    Unicycles (about 3 dozen)

6 in a row makes her go

7. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

Pump is external standard on the 2000, unless it was modified to the in tank.

8. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

my all data system shows in tank..... Let me check my co workers 2000 if he is still here

2014 Ram 2500 CCSB Ram Box Larime
    2011 Ram 5500
    2006 Diesel Jeep Liberty
    RIP. 2016 Tradesman 2500 picked up 9/28/16 MM3 DRD Tuning 107K miles wrecked by jeep wrangler.....

Other Toys: 1973 Charger Bougham edition 400 big block 42K original miles
    Unicycles (about 3 dozen)

6 in a row makes her go

9. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

My 2001 was external. The pumps were external up to 2004.5. There was a recall on them where an intank was retrofit. The green machine is external isn't it?

You can push through a pump. Not draw through it. His PSI is a bit low anyway. It should be around 10 PSI not 6. It sounds like Maaaayyyybeeee, the conversion was done and the original lift pump was left to be pushed through. You know how mechanics can be. In more ways than one too. Half a job. . . .

So I am thinking they are trying to suck through an intank pump under those conditions. It's an educated guess really, but worth a look.

10. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

Another person also suggests he had an in tank pump. But we read that these years didnt have in tank pumps

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast