Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Fuel pressure constantly dropping???

1. Top Of Page | #11

User Info Menu

That is what I said to Alex. But there was a factory mod done after the fact to replace the tank unit with a pump.

Sorry I justify what I say

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

2. Top Of Page | #12
    Instagram Manager IG Operations's Avatar

User Info Menu

It's cool. We're funny drop the tank. See what's going on

Tag us @ #igotacummins_com to have your photos reposted.

3. Top Of Page | #13

User Info Menu

Maybe it depends on the factory it was made in

S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

4. Top Of Page | #14
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Pretty sure all lift pumps were block mounted from the factory on VP trucks. When the VP went out dealers would often replace it with an in-tank pump.

5. Top Of Page | #15
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Speedy-J View Post
    Ok so my buddies 2000 2500 has a fuel pressure gauge. He just picked it up 3 weeks ago. It's been fine until 2 days ago, his truck started stalling. As his fuel pressure went from 15 to 2psi under load. Unless he is only idling the fp sticks around 5psi. Sometimes lower. He's replaced the lift pump, fuel filter and filled his tank. And it still does it. Any possibilities of what the problem could be
    Overflow valve stuck open?

6. Top Of Page | #16

User Info Menu

He ordered an airdog pump to see if that helps. I suggested a cracked draw tube. It works fine when he tops his tank off. He's waiting for the pump. Should be here today. Ill keep yinz in the loop

7. Top Of Page | #17
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Speedy-J View Post
    He ordered an airdog pump to see if that helps. I suggested a cracked draw tube. It works fine when he tops his tank off. He's waiting for the pump. Should be here today. Ill keep yinz in the loop
    100 or 150? Vulcan's drawstraws are quality pieces

8. Top Of Page | #18

User Info Menu

Air Dog. Ugh

9. Top Of Page | #19

User Info Menu

Never mind. He got the raptor 100. It's dropping pressure still. It'll idle 27psi with the raptor for about 20 seconds and the. It dropped to 5 just idleing. He put on a new filters. New fittings. New supply lines.

10. Top Of Page | #20

User Info Menu

And how can he test if the overflow is stuck open

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast