Thread: AEM '94-'02 5.9L L6 Brute Force HD Intake System

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

AEM '94-'02 5.9L L6 Brute Force HD Intake System

• Increased horsepower
    • Tuned and dyno-tested to improve acceleration and engine sound
    • Low restriction aluminum tubing
    • Easy to install using commonly available tools
    • Air filter lasts up to 100,000 miles before cleaning is required (depending on driving conditions)
    • Washable and reusable oil-free filter media
    • AEM Lifetime Limited Warranty

The AEM 21-9210DC Brute Force HD Diesel Air Intake System produces horsepower and torque gains for diesel engines by replacing the vehicle’s restrictive factory air filter and air intake housing. This air intake system was designed, tuned and dyno-tested to fit specific Dodge Ram 2500/3500 Pickup models. Air enters the system through an extra large AEM Dryflow synthetic washable air filter for outstanding air flow, filtration and performance. The air filter is located in the original air box space and is protected by a heat shield which is designed to reduce intake air temperature and increase horsepower. The intake tubing is constructed from mandrel-bent aluminum featuring a durable gunmetal gray powder coated finish. This air intake system was developed to accommodate the engine’s factory emissions control devices including the air filter restriction gauge. The oval cylinder shaped AEM Dryflow air filter is made from an oil-free, synthetic filter media that can be used for up to 100,000 miles before cleaning is needed (depending on driving conditions). The air intake system is easy to install with commonly available tools and it is backed by AEM's Lifetime Limited Warranty. Some AEM air intakes are not legal for sale or use in California and other states adopting California emission standards while others are 50 state legal. View the 21-9210DC vehicle applications to determine the legal status for each vehicle.

AEM 21-9210DC Product Specifications
    Air Filter Color Red
    Air Filter Height 9 in (229 mm)
    Air Filter Material Non-woven Synthetic
    Air Filter Outlet Shape Round
    CARB EO Number D-670-15
    Clamp Material Steel
    Clamp Style Regular
    Clamps Included 3
    Color Gunmetal Gray
    Intake Pipe Color / Finish Gunmetal Gray
    Intake Pipe Material Aluminum
    Product Box Height 14.94 in (379 mm)
    Product Box Length 22.2 in (564 mm)
    Product Box Width 14.5 in (368 mm)
    Product Style AEM Brute Force HD Intake
    Replacement Filter 21-2259DK
    Street Legal In All US States Yes
    TUV Approved (Europe) No
    Weight 13.2 lb (6 kg)

AVAILABLE NOW!! CALL US OR CLICK BELOW FOR MORE INFO!

https://www.dudesdieselperformance.c...egory=23459014

Matthew 6:9-13, 2 Corinthians 5:20
    See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email us at:
    sales@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

2. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS, Polaraco thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS, Polaraco liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: AEM '94-'02 5.9L L6 Brute Force HD Intake System

I've been thinking of scrapping the one I have and going back to an AFE for my 03. PM me a price please. 03 3500 Briggs and Stratton Diesel

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

4. Likes david3gen liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dude's Diesel Performance View Post
    • Increased horsepower
    • Tuned and dyno-tested to improve acceleration and engine sound
    • Low restriction aluminum tubing
    • Easy to install using commonly available tools
    • Air filter lasts up to 100,000 miles before cleaning is required (depending on driving conditions)
    • Washable and reusable oil-free filter media
    • AEM Lifetime Limited Warranty

The AEM 21-9210DC Brute Force HD Diesel Air Intake System produces horsepower and torque gains for diesel engines by replacing the vehicle’s restrictive factory air filter and air intake housing. This air intake system was designed, tuned and dyno-tested to fit specific Dodge Ram 2500/3500 Pickup models. Air enters the system through an extra large AEM Dryflow synthetic washable air filter for outstanding air flow, filtration and performance. The air filter is located in the original air box space and is protected by a heat shield which is designed to reduce intake air temperature and increase horsepower. The intake tubing is constructed from mandrel-bent aluminum featuring a durable gunmetal gray powder coated finish. This air intake system was developed to accommodate the engine’s factory emissions control devices including the air filter restriction gauge. The oval cylinder shaped AEM Dryflow air filter is made from an oil-free, synthetic filter media that can be used for up to 100,000 miles before cleaning is needed (depending on driving conditions). The air intake system is easy to install with commonly available tools and it is backed by AEM's Lifetime Limited Warranty. Some AEM air intakes are not legal for sale or use in California and other states adopting California emission standards while others are 50 state legal. View the 21-9210DC vehicle applications to determine the legal status for each vehicle.

AEM 21-9210DC Product Specifications
    Air Filter Color Red
    Air Filter Height 9 in (229 mm)
    Air Filter Material Non-woven Synthetic
    Air Filter Outlet Shape Round
    CARB EO Number D-670-15
    Clamp Material Steel
    Clamp Style Regular
    Clamps Included 3
    Color Gunmetal Gray
    Intake Pipe Color / Finish Gunmetal Gray
    Intake Pipe Material Aluminum
    Product Box Height 14.94 in (379 mm)
    Product Box Length 22.2 in (564 mm)
    Product Box Width 14.5 in (368 mm)
    Product Style AEM Brute Force HD Intake
    Replacement Filter 21-2259DK
    Street Legal In All US States Yes
    TUV Approved (Europe) No
    Weight 13.2 lb (6 kg)

AVAILABLE NOW!! CALL US OR CLICK BELOW FOR MORE INFO!

https://www.dudesdieselperformance.c...egory=23459014

https://www.igotacummins.com/attachm...8&d=1511110725
    How does this compare to S&B Filters ?

2012 Cummins Ram 6.7L MM3 tuner full 5" Flo Pro TBE Exhaust LWBCC 4x4 Mag Hytec Double Deep Transmission Pan , Mag Hytec Rear Diff Cover
    Airlift part # 57595 7500lbs airbags ,Nitto Ridge Grapplers 35/12.50/20 on XD 829 Big Hoss ll Satin Black Machined Dark Tint 20 x 9 with + 18 offset rims,MM3 Tuner With full Custom Tunes by Ray at DRD , Autometer A13117 Pillar Pod , Edge 98004 mount adapter , Mag Hytec front diff cover, SuperNova V4 LED Headlight Bulbs

6. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by HKBIGDADDYDIESELDAN View Post
    How does this compare to S&B Filters ?
    I have been using S & B for 2 trucks now. I had an issue with this one, sucking road water in through a seam. I was getting salt into my turbo as a result. It's probably because I have a lower RWD. Even so, that's no place for the water to get in and there is no excuse. I finally took the housing out and left the filter open, making my own heat shield. It's kind of shotty the way it is. But it works. So far I haven't seen any water marks on the element. Interesting.

When I approached S&B about it, they blamed me. I found a half assed cure for the problem, and it did work. They didn't want to know anything about it. They said it was because I wasn't oiling my filter correctly and voided my warranty. (???????) I don't care how much oil you put on the element, it shouldn't suck it into the chamber. The other thing that was a clue to me, and this is a good point, is the water was being sucked into the box in the first place. If the box was ventilated correctly, that shouldn't happen. Tells me there is a vacuum in the box. That translates to less air going to the engine. I took the horn off the bottom and got the same results the next year . That's when I did my fix to the seam.

I hate being a logical engineer sometimes, but I liked the enclosed filter idea. Now with the filter open, it collects dirt all the way around instead of on one side like it was.

S&B is not happy with the ol' Polaraco, calling them out was taboo. They were outright nasty with me. I have 2 words for them now. Bad subject for me. I've only had two issues with product failures over the years. Air Dog and S&B.

Banks? I just don't like them misrepresenting their chit.

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

7. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Polaraco View Post
    I have been using S & B for 2 trucks now. I had an issue with this one, sucking road water in through a seam. I was getting salt into my turbo as a result. It's probably because I have a lower RWD. Even so, that's no place for the water to get in and there is no excuse. I finally took the housing out and left the filter open, making my own heat shield. It's kind of shotty the way it is. But it works. So far I haven't seen any water marks on the element. Interesting.

When I approached S&B about it, they blamed me. I found a half assed cure for the problem, and it did work. They didn't want to know anything about it. They said it was because I wasn't oiling my filter correctly and voided my warranty. (???????) I don't care how much oil you put on the element, it shouldn't suck it into the chamber. The other thing that was a clue to me, and this is a good point, is the water was being sucked into the box in the first place. If the box was ventilated correctly, that shouldn't happen. Tells me there is a vacuum in the box. That translates to less air going to the engine. I took the horn off the bottom and got the same results the next year . That's when I did my fix to the seam.

I hate being a logical engineer sometimes, but I liked the enclosed filter idea. Now with the filter open, it collects dirt all the way around instead of on one side like it was.

S&B is not happy with the ol' Polaraco, calling them out was taboo. They were outright nasty with me. I have 2 words for them now. Bad subject for me. I've only had two issues with product failures over the years. Air Dog and S&B.

Banks? I just don't like them misrepresenting their chit.
    Thanks bud always appreciate info and feedback

2012 Cummins Ram 6.7L MM3 tuner full 5" Flo Pro TBE Exhaust LWBCC 4x4 Mag Hytec Double Deep Transmission Pan , Mag Hytec Rear Diff Cover
    Airlift part # 57595 7500lbs airbags ,Nitto Ridge Grapplers 35/12.50/20 on XD 829 Big Hoss ll Satin Black Machined Dark Tint 20 x 9 with + 18 offset rims,MM3 Tuner With full Custom Tunes by Ray at DRD , Autometer A13117 Pillar Pod , Edge 98004 mount adapter , Mag Hytec front diff cover, SuperNova V4 LED Headlight Bulbs