Quote Originally Posted by Polaraco View Post
Good analogy old poop

I was using it in the 08. But one thing that's not mentioned is the fuel filters turn black. @Canadiandiesel pointed out he felt the filters were removing allot of the properties we wanted before it reached the main pump. We bantered back and forth for a while about it. You'll have to search back for the thread. It's a couple of years old now.

This subject is not the first rodeo.

I don't know how I discovered the Archoil. . . . The fuel additive applies to this subject . I can tell you, between the oil modifier and the fuel, my engine is so quiet it's unbelieveable. You can hardly hear it. Only when it's cold is it noisy. And smooth? No diesel vibrations at all. I have noticed the fuel does not smell like fuel anymore. It's almost odorless. It feels strange in your fingers. Actually feels more slippery. Hard to explain.

The friction modifier actually feels like the oil is definitely more slippery. It's the first oil additive I have ever used that actually felt like it was working. The others I never went back too. But this stuff even sped up my air compressor. My Generac on 20 degree days spins like summer on the starter. Everything, mowers, snow blowers, That big 20KW genset, all start much faster because of that oil additive. I think in this case, you have to use the system, not just the fuel additive. The Ford Guys love that stuff because it eliminated the injector problems, so why not! It's really working well in the Cummins.

There's things to be said about both I guess.

I have a friction modifier in my trucks oil now, but I really feel it isn't what it cracks up to be of their advertisements. I have to wait for the next oil change to try another. I do have a couple of fellows with Archoil in their trucks oil, and was next on my list of tries. They praise about how it helps stiction in the Fords. We don't seem to have that problem with the Cummins engines, but Archoil will be in the next oil change for a try.

You mention black stained fuel filter ? I've always used 2 stroke and through in Archoil fuel additive fr a while now, and never had a black fuel filter. (I cut each opn to look and see what it happening). Neither in my stock fuel filter, or my pre fuel/water filter or my final filter. I've seen the stain of the 2 stroke oil on the paper, but it was extremely slight discoloration. I wonder why yours were black ? And for that '08, should have never used 2 stroke in the fuel from what I've read. Only '06 and earlier.