Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: I guess I was wrong about 2 cycle oil all these years

1. Top Of Page | #21
    Old... But Still Here! AnOldBiker's Avatar

User Info Menu

Re: I guess I was wrong about 2 cycle oil all these years

Quote Originally Posted by Polaraco View Post
    Good analogy old poop

I was using it in the 08. But one thing that's not mentioned is the fuel filters turn black. @Canadiandiesel pointed out he felt the filters were removing allot of the properties we wanted before it reached the main pump. We bantered back and forth for a while about it. You'll have to search back for the thread. It's a couple of years old now.

This subject is not the first rodeo.

I don't know how I discovered the Archoil. . . . The fuel additive applies to this subject . I can tell you, between the oil modifier and the fuel, my engine is so quiet it's unbelieveable. You can hardly hear it. Only when it's cold is it noisy. And smooth? No diesel vibrations at all. I have noticed the fuel does not smell like fuel anymore. It's almost odorless. It feels strange in your fingers. Actually feels more slippery. Hard to explain.

The friction modifier actually feels like the oil is definitely more slippery. It's the first oil additive I have ever used that actually felt like it was working. The others I never went back too. But this stuff even sped up my air compressor. My Generac on 20 degree days spins like summer on the starter. Everything, mowers, snow blowers, That big 20KW genset, all start much faster because of that oil additive. I think in this case, you have to use the system, not just the fuel additive. The Ford Guys love that stuff because it eliminated the injector problems, so why not! It's really working well in the Cummins.

There's things to be said about both I guess.

I have a friction modifier in my trucks oil now, but I really feel it isn't what it cracks up to be of their advertisements. I have to wait for the next oil change to try another. I do have a couple of fellows with Archoil in their trucks oil, and was next on my list of tries. They praise about how it helps stiction in the Fords. We don't seem to have that problem with the Cummins engines, but Archoil will be in the next oil change for a try.

You mention black stained fuel filter ? I've always used 2 stroke and through in Archoil fuel additive fr a while now, and never had a black fuel filter. (I cut each opn to look and see what it happening). Neither in my stock fuel filter, or my pre fuel/water filter or my final filter. I've seen the stain of the 2 stroke oil on the paper, but it was extremely slight discoloration. I wonder why yours were black ? And for that '08, should have never used 2 stroke in the fuel from what I've read. Only '06 and earlier.

Jim

2006 ~ 2500HD, Big Horn Edition, 5.9, 4x4, Q/Cab, 48RE, L/B, 3.73, S&B CAI & Snout, ProFlo 5" S/S exhaust, Smarty Touch, Oil ByPass Kit, 60 gal main tank, 110 gallon in-bed tank, XX-Fuel Filter System, Coolant Bypass Kit, Mag-Hytec front & rear end covers and trans pan, 285 x 70 x 17

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children’s children what it was once like in the United States, where men 'were' free." ~ Ronald Regan

2. Top Of Page | #22

User Info Menu

Re: I guess I was wrong about 2 cycle oil all these years

Quote Originally Posted by AnOldBiker View Post
    I have a friction modifier in my trucks oil now, but I really feel it isn't what it cracks up to be of their advertisements. I have to wait for the next oil change to try another. I do have a couple of fellows with Archoil in their trucks oil, and was next on my list of tries. They praise about how it helps stiction in the Fords. We don't seem to have that problem with the Cummins engines, but Archoil will be in the next oil change for a try.

You mention black stained fuel filter ? I've always used 2 stroke and through in Archoil fuel additive fr a while now, and never had a black fuel filter. (I cut each opn to look and see what it happening). Neither in my stock fuel filter, or my pre fuel/water filter or my final filter. I've seen the stain of the 2 stroke oil on the paper, but it was extremely slight discoloration. I wonder why yours were black ? And for that '08, should have never used 2 stroke in the fuel from what I've read. Only '06 and earlier.
    At the time, that was the rave. Since you and I are not lab rats, I can't explain it. It was what it was. I can't say I ever got any appreciable benefits from it. I seem to have gained more with the Archoil. The only thing I can say about the oil additive is it makes the truck spin/start faster in the winter. I use 10/30 because I only change it once a year. That's usually at around 15 to 20K. I can say, the dipstick is finally black by then. I can go 10K before it's cloudy on the stick. Even at the change, it's not that that thick junk many people see at 10K. That's usually after a bunch of tows too. I want to believe the results are a combination of my dual filters, the Arch modifier and the fuel additive. I am willing to bet it's burning off all the junk. But the engine is still young yet @115K. It had 58K when I got it 5 years ago. I have zero blow by too. That's since I started using all this shtuff too. The vent tube is just damp. I never see any drips. When I first brought it home it was wet with drips hanging. Odd that I have a straight vent tube on that too. I get the feeling someone modified it before I got it.

As a matter of fact, it's just had it's fifth anniversary in my possession. I remember because I had to go out to get it after Hurricane Sandy. Had to wait a 5 weeks for the power to come back on. Worked the pants off that old generator. Thank goodness the natural gas didn't stop.

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

3. Likes AnOldBiker liked this post
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123