Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1

Thread: Injectors

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Injectors

What's y'all's input on injectors. I'm looking to increase my mpg and add some horses to my cummins but I'm not looking to go crazy either.

2004.5 2500 4x4 cummins, upgrade the 48re and added a fass150. - Burnt up from the front bumper to the driver/passenger seat.
    2009 2500 cummins 6.7l 4x4. DPF/erg delete, 100 HP injectors (dont remember who from, my mechanic picked them) , Aisin transmission with the ATS tranny pan, efilive DPS5 switch, edge cts for gauges, bullseye power drop-in HE351 Batmowheel, rocking 20" XD Series wheels. b&w turn over hitch, 5in exhaust to 6" dual stacks. pretty sure im forgetting something.

2. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Need some more info on your truck, but some 50 house would be good

My rig:

01 Dodge Ram 2500 4x4 that I built. Mods: 8in Top gun customz long arm hit with 6in atlas springs in the rear, full bilsteins, 37s, fully built transmission with sun coast parts, full auto meter colbalt gauges, fuel pressure, over all boost, bottom turbo boost, tranny temp, egts, 4.10s, custom 3.5in intake horn, grid heater delete, II super dragon flow 11 hole injectors, Tst power max 3 comp smarty stack, twin double batmo wheel twins s362 62/68/14 over a s475 both with polished turbine housings, stainless diesel stainless steel polished exhaust manifold, fass 150 gph fuel system, aux tranny cooler, full pinoeer componet speaker system, flip out screen, 12in rockford fosgate power T2 sub wired to 1 ohm pushed by a 1000watt rockford fosgate ampAll comes together to be called the BDD

3. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

My 04 dodge is pretty much stock besides my transmission which I've rebuilt and did some upgrades too. I've heard putting 50 horse sticks in it would help but would that be the injectors or the nozzles. That has me unsure.

2004.5 2500 4x4 cummins, upgrade the 48re and added a fass150. - Burnt up from the front bumper to the driver/passenger seat.
    2009 2500 cummins 6.7l 4x4. DPF/erg delete, 100 HP injectors (dont remember who from, my mechanic picked them) , Aisin transmission with the ATS tranny pan, efilive DPS5 switch, edge cts for gauges, bullseye power drop-in HE351 Batmowheel, rocking 20" XD Series wheels. b&w turn over hitch, 5in exhaust to 6" dual stacks. pretty sure im forgetting something.

4. Top Of Page | #4
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

I would swap a turbo first and then retune the ecm. More air will give your truck better fuel economy and more torque...especially with tuning. Larger injector nozzels without proper tuning will usually bring the fuel economy down. General rule of thumb is air before fuel when tuning a diesel. Good luck!

5. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

That sounds like a good idea.

6. Top Of Page | #6
    Inactive Vendor

User Info Menu

The stock injectors in a commonrail are good for close to 500 hp. I can price a turbo upgrade if you would like

7. Top Of Page | #7
    guru of all things diesel Canadiandiesel's Avatar

User Info Menu

Who runs stock injectors that has close to 500hp?

8. Likes K-Sons liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #8
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Back when I was running a single turbo a 62/65/12 bw I ran 100hp nozzle and only hit 512hp and 1450tq on a loaded dyno so I don't see 500hp on stock nozzles but I'm sure some one out there has done it, I know with the 03-04 you can run a bigger injectors or nozzle then you can with the 04.5+ truck because of the spray pattern the 03-04 tuck also have a better piston design and stronger rods compared to the 04.5+ so they can take a little more abuse

10. Top Of Page | #9
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Are there many tuning options for this series of Cummins? I recall people using EFI Live were able to gain a lot on stock and slightly modified 5.9 engines. I know lots of guys were getting 500+ hp on stock injectors tuning their 6.7s with EFI Live. Proper tuning on what ever combination ones has is the way to go IMO.

11. Top Of Page | #10
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

03-05 cummins are still not able to get efi life I been waiting for years to get it cause like you said lots of people are seein awesome number with very little mods