Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  8
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Service 4WD System

1. Top Of Page | #11

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ramjet54 View Post
    I have not had anything done except normal maintenance. I have put it in and out of 4WD several times and nothing changes
    I have the same issue with mine if I shut the truck off and turn it to the run position without the engine running shifted to 4x4 and then back to 2x4 it seems to stay off

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

2. Top Of Page | #12

User Info Menu

I had that once. It was under warranty but I searched so that I could fix instead of drive 2 hrs to the dealer. If I remember correctly my speed sensor wire was pinched and moved maybe when I went through a mud pit. I checked the abs connectors and re plugged and cleaned while checking both sides with the tires off. One of my batteries gave up the ghost on that trip
    Also but all kinds of codes popped up so I changed them both. Not sure which was the cause but code and serv 4wd didn't come back.

2012 Ram 3500 HO w/4.10
    Hellbent 2.5 level Bilstein 5100's
    Double R Diesel Warp tunes
    HPP egr delete
    FloPro 5" w/muffler
    CCV filter delete hose reroute to frame

3. Likes Power247 liked this post
  4. Top Of Page | #13

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Power247 View Post
    Since it is intermittent, this is more likely an electrical/sensor issue vs a real 4w issue. Start with checking the harness plugs at the front and rear axles as well as on the transfer case. Clean and dress the contacts with dielectric grease. If after all that the code still comes back then you will need to have a shop dig into it further.

Greg
    2012 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | Custom tuned by Double R Diesel
    2016 | Heartland Pioneer | DS310
    Sorry I missed this one. Yes what he said.

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

5. Likes Power247 liked this post
  6. Top Of Page | #14
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Mine gave me this message along with service electronic brakes or something. I went to my message center and nothing was there. I keep getting soft codes (dtc but no check engine light) or whatever to check my communcation between this and that. I want to say it was a "U" code. All of my new and random comes have came after my 5th and 6th gear ratio incorrect codes so im a little lost as well

7. Top Of Page | #15

User Info Menu

Well it's been a while on this thread but after the lite came I kept driving and it finally went off. Month later came for a day or two then off again and hasn't came back at all.
    Not sure what the computers are doing

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

8. Likes SyN liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #16

User Info Menu

This just started happening to my 2017 RAM 2500 fully deleted with30k miles.

Only comes on when I start it up and then goes away.

I have a G56 and manual transfer case as well.

I've switched it into 4hi and 4lo with it still engaging.

How do I get it to stop showing service 4wd?

I have not cleaned any sensors but am trying that today.

I don't remember if any other warnings come up with it but ill check soon.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12