Thanks Thanks:  5
Likes Likes:  14
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 4th Gen Trouble Codes

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

4th Gen Trouble Codes

What is the best way to determine what’s going on that causes the little yellow engine light on the dashboard to come on and make a ding sound?

Eric
    2013 6.7L G56 / CCLB SRW / 85Gal Transfer Tank/Box

Eric
    2013 / 3500 Tradesman / 6.7L / G56 / CCLB / SWD

2. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: 4th Gen Trouble Codes

Have a piece of paper and pencil ready

Click the ignition key on and off quickly 3 times. The dash will display the codes. I don't know where they are on the 4th gens. There may be a display for them already in the info center.

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

3. Likes walla2k5 liked this post
  4. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

If what @Polaraco suggested doesn't work (it didn't work on my truck) you can stop by any big chain auto parts store and ask them to pull the codes for you.

Greg
    2012 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | Custom tuned by Double R Diesel
    2016 | Heartland Pioneer | DS310

Greg
    2019 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | 6.4 HEMI

5. Likes walla2k5, Polaraco liked this post
  6. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Thanks for the input. I tried @Polaraco's suggestion w/o success; after additional searching it appears a code reader is required. I would like to do the work myself but unfortunately FCA has created yet another service paywall for me to climb over. Any idea which code reader to buy (should I move this to another thread)?

Eric

7. Likes Power247 liked this post
  8. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by cosmicIPA View Post
    Thanks for the input. I tried @Polaraco's suggestion w/o success; after additional searching it appears a code reader is required. I would like to do the work myself but unfortunately FCA has created yet another service paywall for me to climb over. Any idea which code reader to buy (should I move this to another thread)?
    You have tons of options for a code reader that can also clear codes.

You can get something simple like an Ultra Gauge https://ultra-gauge.com/ZC/.

Or get something fancier like an Edge Insight https://www.amazon.com/Edge-Products...t+cts2+monitor

Or even one of these new OBD plug ins that you can connect with your phone https://www.amazon.com/ScanTool-4261...rds=ultragauge

Greg
    2012 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | Custom tuned by Double R Diesel
    2016 | Heartland Pioneer | DS310

Greg
    2019 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | 6.4 HEMI

9. Thanks cosmicIPA thanked for this post
    Likes walla2k5, cosmicIPA liked this post
  10. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

If you plan on a tuner, put your money towards that. If not, an Edge Insight with a pillar mount is a great option. Then you've got your guages. I use my Insight to check other vehicles all the time.

Sent from my Samsung S-8 using Tapatalk... DRD tuned 2012 Ram 2500 CCSB, Saddle Brown Pearl

2012 CCSB Saddle Brown Pearl... DRD tuned

11. Thanks cosmicIPA thanked for this post
    Likes Power247 liked this post
  12. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

If your gonna get a tuner get the RaceMe MM3 from Ray at DRD best in the buisness

2012 Cummins Ram 6.7L MM3 tuner full 5" Flo Pro TBE Exhaust LWBCC 4x4 Mag Hytec Double Deep Transmission Pan , Mag Hytec Rear Diff Cover
    Airlift part # 57595 7500lbs airbags ,Nitto Ridge Grapplers 35/12.50/20 on XD 829 Big Hoss ll Satin Black Machined Dark Tint 20 x 9 with + 18 offset rims,MM3 Tuner With full Custom Tunes by Ray at DRD , Autometer A13117 Pillar Pod , Edge 98004 mount adapter , Mag Hytec front diff cover, SuperNova V4 LED Headlight Bulbs

13. Thanks cosmicIPA thanked for this post
    Likes Power247 liked this post
  14. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

Does the RaceMe MM3 from Ray also read AND clear CEL trouble codes then?

Eric

15. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by cosmicIPA View Post
    Does the RaceMe MM3 from Ray also read AND clear CEL trouble codes then?
    Yes... most definitely.

Sent from my Samsung S-8 using Tapatalk... DRD tuned 2012 Ram 2500 CCSB, Saddle Brown Pearl

2012 CCSB Saddle Brown Pearl... DRD tuned

16. Thanks cosmicIPA thanked for this post
    Likes cosmicIPA, Power247 liked this post
  17. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

Thanks man.
    Well alrighty then, I'm going to give Ray another call. I already was planning to get a tuner from him (he's extremely knowledgeable and a real nice guy) but was waiting for the cash to do the full emissions delete but now I'm selling the chickens AND the hog. (hehehe)

Eric

18. Likes Power247 liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast