Thanks Thanks:  15
Likes Likes:  47
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Water pump recall

1. Top Of Page | #11

User Info Menu

Re: Water pump recall

I got mine this morning which is perfect timing really - as I have another appointment at the local "dealer" to find out whats causing the little amber engine light to come on again. I suppose a little amber dollar sign ($) was originally considered by their obsolescence program but marketing rejected the icon. I'll ask about T-51 to see if I can find out any more info straight from the horse's mouth.

Eric
    2013 / 3500 Tradesman / 6.7L / G56 / CCLB / SWD

2. Thanks walla2k5 thanked for this post
    Likes Power247, walla2k5 liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #12

User Info Menu

Yep, received my notice in the mail today for my '13 2500.

2013 Ram 2500 Big Horn 4x4 G56 CCLB 6.7, MM3 Tuned by Double R Diesel, Flo-Pro 4" Exhaust, Deviant Race Parts Goodies, ARP Head Studs, South Bend Clutch, 3" Thuren Front Springs w/Fox Shocks All-Around, Hell-Bent Steel Steering Box Brace, Thuren Track Bar, Air-Lift 5000, Deviant Race Parts 70" Traction Bars, Falken Wild-Peak AT3W LT285/75R18 (34.8x11.3x18) on Moto Metal MO970 18x9 +18mm

4. Top Of Page | #13

User Info Menu

Got mine about a week ago for my 16.

2016 2500 6.7
    2" Level Kit
    Medicated by DRD

5. Top Of Page | #14

User Info Menu

Just got another recall notice in the mail today. This one is for the Brake Transmission Interlock (BTSI) locking pin. Just like the water pump recall there is currently no remedy available. SMH

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

6. Top Of Page | #15

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by bmheie View Post
    Just got another recall notice in the mail today. This one is for the Brake Transmission Interlock (BTSI) locking pin. Just like the water pump recall there is currently no remedy available. SMH

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
    I love how they tell you, “hey- we might’ve screwed up when building your truck, but we don’t have the parts to fix it”. I went through 3 of their great water pumps on my ‘08 4500. Anytime you wrap plastic impellers around a steel shaft is a recipe for failure. Finally found a pump with metal impeller at NAPA-problem solved-plus the truck ran 10-15 degrees cooler when towing. I’ve had the recall on my ‘14 for 3 months. Not real worried about it bursting into flames though.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

7. Likes bmheie, walla2k5, BrentM liked this post
  8. Top Of Page | #16

User Info Menu

Do you happen to the part#'s?

Quote Originally Posted by easttxram View Post
    I love how they tell you, “hey- we might’ve screwed up when building your truck, but we don’t have the parts to fix it”. I went through 3 of their great water pumps on my ‘08 4500. Anytime you wrap plastic impellers around a steel shaft is a recipe for failure. Finally found a pump with metal impeller at NAPA-problem solved-plus the truck ran 10-15 degrees cooler when towing. I’ve had the recall on my ‘14 for 3 months. Not real worried about it bursting into flames though.

2015 3500 Mega DRW Aisan Deep Cherry Red

9. Top Of Page | #17

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by boatman22 View Post
    Do you happen to the part#'s?
    No sir, I wish I did though. I’m pretty sure it was a 5.9 water pump though. Don’t hold me to that. I had it all written down and lost it when I traded trucks. I might have it somewhere else though. I’ll try to find it and let you know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. Top Of Page | #18

User Info Menu

Couldn’t find it but I looked for some pics that resembled the ones I used and found some. The first is like the one I put on our ‘08 2500. Its a Gates 43526 I believe.
    The second one is like the one I put on my ‘08 4500. Couldn’t find a part number but it looked exactly like this and ha a metal impeller that was cast instead of stamped like the one I had on the 3/4 ton. Hope this helps.

11. Top Of Page | #19

User Info Menu

My 2016 is the same. My dealer doesn’t even have parts yet

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12. Top Of Page | #20

User Info Menu

I received my first notice about 3 months ago. I got a reminder about 8 weeks ago, and another reminder last week. All three notices said there's no fix available. A little bit irritating. I work for Cummins! This is embarrassing. I need to make some calls to find out what's really going on.

13. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS, walla2k5 liked this post
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast