Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  9
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cleaning the motor.

1. Top Of Page | #11

User Info Menu

Avoid direct spray on the moving electronics like the TPS. Any connections that are not weather tight from mods. That stuff is made to hold water out at 6 feet. In therory

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

2. Likes walla2k5 liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #12
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

AVOID silicone products! "Armor all" It is a painters nightmare! Spray it on the interior or engine bay and us painters have a fisheye nightmare when we have to work on the rig!!! Just an FYI!!!

4. Top Of Page | #13
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

i have an 01 2500 and i really really need to clean the motor, the whole bottom of motor is caked in oil and i have never cleaned a motor b4 and hopefully i will ahve it tore down within the next week so could i use a power washer on it or do i need to use one of teh products you have already said? srry im asking this but my dad and i weren't really sure how to clean it

5. Top Of Page | #14

User Info Menu

Castrol super clean, comes in 1 gallon Purple jugs at wallmart. Spray on Let sit 10min pressure wash off. Repeat as necessary.

6. Top Of Page | #15

User Info Menu

So do we mainly need to cover alternate and fuse box? Any areas to avoid all together? I need to wash my engine bay down this weekend so any advice is greatly appreciated.

7. Top Of Page | #16

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by TX NIGHT TRAIN View Post
    So do we mainly need to cover alternate and fuse box? Any areas to avoid all together? I need to wash my engine bay down this weekend so any advice is greatly appreciated.
    I would avoid direct contact above and below it. avoid any direct force on the back end of the plugs too.

S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

8. Top Of Page | #17

User Info Menu

So basiclly a garden hose is best?

9. Top Of Page | #18

User Info Menu

If you have good water pressure, yeah. But you still can't beat a steam cleaner or pressure washer

10. Likes oneshotkyle liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #19

User Info Menu

Re: Cleaning the motor.

Quote Originally Posted by IG Operations View Post
    There anything that you shouldn't wet or spray?
    Dido!

12. Top Of Page | #20

User Info Menu

Re: Cleaning the motor.

I use a pressure washer that I have hooked up to a hot water spicket. I spray form about 4 feet away from Engine and I also spray with castrol purple power clean. No problems yet. Just don't clean ithe motor like it's your tires LOL

2015 2500 CCSW Outdoorsman black badging, ram matts black steps, XD Crank 801's with 35/12.50/18 Toyo MT's, tinted widows, BDS 2" leveling kit with shocks race me ultra, flo pro 5" turbo back exhaust

13. Likes TX NIGHT TRAIN, Pimpw3ld3r25_8 liked this post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12