Thanks Thanks:  35
Likes Likes:  53
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Gen 2 swap?

1. Top Of Page | #11

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Double R Diesel View Post
    Especially with BBI injectors, right? LOL. I've read your wish list and I must say with dual fuelers, those injectors, and a manual trans...you could go with a 475 and go bonkers!

Ray
    Double R Diesel, LLC
    www.doublerdiesel.com
    info@doublerdiesel.com
    2 things hold me out from going to a larger charger. First is the G56 and my right foot. 2nd is I'd like to be able to tow heavy if that ever arises. Should I consider a 472?

2015 laramie 3500 CCLB G56 4x4/Thuren springs/trackbar/swaybar with King's on Walker's with 37 Toyo mt's. Raceme/Arp625's/BBI 1.5's/Stainless Diesel 467.7/Airdog 165 4g/Fleece 10mm CP3/GDP grid delete and S3/Hellman VC.....Warp by double r diesel

2. Top Of Page | #12

User Info Menu

A 475 is the same physical size? If you can make a 475 tow 12000lbs, I'm in. I ain't scared

2015 laramie 3500 CCLB G56 4x4/Thuren springs/trackbar/swaybar with King's on Walker's with 37 Toyo mt's. Raceme/Arp625's/BBI 1.5's/Stainless Diesel 467.7/Airdog 165 4g/Fleece 10mm CP3/GDP grid delete and S3/Hellman VC.....Warp by double r diesel

3. Top Of Page | #13

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by TH-64 View Post
    Whew! The price has a definite 'pucker' factor!

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
    True but all performance injectors are pricey. I've tuned trucks with just swapped out nozzles and I've tunes ones with complete balanced injectors...there is no comparison. Injectors that are professionally built and flow tested are the best.

Ray
    Double R Diesel, LLC
    www.doublerdiesel.com
    info@doublerdiesel.com

The Cummins Whisperer! John 3:16, Romans 10:9-10...Tuning for the Heart and Soul.

4. Top Of Page | #14

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by oneshotkyle View Post
    A 475 is the same physical size? If you can make a 475 tow 12000lbs, I'm in. I ain't scared
    Well here is the deal. Big chargers are like big cams in gasser...it moves the power band higher up in the rpm range. With a manual trans you can get the rpms up at any speed, keeping the charger in its sweet spot. Bigger injectors do help light the bigger charger quicker do to the bigger shot of fuel at a given load when you hit the throttle.

Towing that heavy, I'd stick with the 467.7...especially if you operate in higher altitude. The 472-475 chargers use a 87mm turbine and of course a big compressor wheel. This combo moves lots more air on both ends compared to a 467, but is a much heavier reciprocating assembly which doesn't spool as easy.

Ray
    Double R Diesel, LLC
    www.doublerdiesel.com
    info@doublerdiesel.com

The Cummins Whisperer! John 3:16, Romans 10:9-10...Tuning for the Heart and Soul.

5. Thanks oneshotkyle, TH-64 thanked for this post
    Likes oneshotkyle, TH-64 liked this post
  6. Top Of Page | #15

User Info Menu

Update. The stainless diesel kit with 467.7 is installed and running. I drove it around tonight for some heat cycles straight piped. Yahoo. Installation was a breeze just had one issue with Coolant standpipe. It seems there are different standpipes in 13 than my 15 has. I called Chrysler and confirmed that the 13 had a different part number as well. No big deal but something that Johnny at S.D. knows for the next one. Everything straight forward and fit real good. I will get some time this weekend to do a small right up and some pics.

7. Thanks DRD, IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes DRD, IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  8. Top Of Page | #16

User Info Menu

Pre teardown

9. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS, DRD thanked for this post
    Likes Power247, IGOTACUMMINS, DRD liked this post
  10. Top Of Page | #17

User Info Menu

Tore down

Everything came apart fairly easy. Lots of scrap.LOL. I plugged Exaust ports with blue paper towels and washed everything up with some either. Patiently waiting and ready for new parts.

11. Thanks DRD, IGOTACUMMINS, TH-64, Power247 thanked for this post
    Likes DRD, IGOTACUMMINS, TH-64, Power247 liked this post
  12. Top Of Page | #18

User Info Menu

Parts list

Johnny at Stainless Diesel gets an A+++ for there packaging. Everything was wrapped and lots of peanuts (which I hate). Probably took me an hour to get 3 boxes unpackaged

13. Thanks DRD, IGOTACUMMINS, TH-64 thanked for this post
    Likes DRD, IGOTACUMMINS, TH-64, Power247 liked this post
  14. Top Of Page | #19

User Info Menu

Assembly begins

Put 1 bolt in at each end since it's heavy and awkward by yourself. Only put bolts in a couple turns. Slid gaskets down one port at a time. I did use some neversieze on the sweet stainless bolts Johnny provides. Got them all in and proceeded to get them tightened down.

15. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS, TH-64, DRD thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS, TH-64, DRD, Power247 liked this post
  16. Top Of Page | #20

User Info Menu

Turbo install

I actually installed the Coolant tube next that goes over Exaust manifold down between oil filter and alternator. (There is a difference in 2013 standpipe vs my 2015). My standpipe is taller than the one Johnny mocked up with on a 2013. Lots of texts and pics back and fourth to him and he knows what's up. Great guy by the way. And always responded back quickly. Next I installed turbo studs hand tight flush. Slid gasket, spacer and another gasket then the sweet 467.7. Three outta four nuts are easily accessible but 1 is a pain in the ***. LOL. Oil pressure line and oil return line is straight forward and easy. I installed downpipe also, there is a ton of room. you can also notice at the top of the turbo Exaust housing the factory plastic wire loom does touch at this point. I'll get to that

17. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS, TH-64, DRD thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS, TH-64, DRD, Power247 liked this post
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast