Thanks Thanks:  118
Likes Likes:  207
Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: 2013 falling on its face. Tune or fuel pressure relief valve?

1. Top Of Page | #81

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Surfman423 View Post
    I'm really considering removing the RaceME Ultra all together and choosing another option such as EFI Live. I really like the hardware of the RaceME but after spending time towing with it and such I am not enjoying the box tunes by any means and the firmware is a bit buggy for me at times also. Coming from an H&S Black Maxx previously on my 2012 the tunes on the RaceME just don't seem to have had a chance to catch up with the experience of a company that has been around for a lot longer and had more time to sort their product out a bit more. Maybe custom tuning software will help, I guess it certainly won't hurt.
    Like you said they haven't caught up just yet. Don't be so soon to switch, these things take time. I'm sure H&S and everyone else didn't have everything perfect right off the bat. These things take time and patience. I'm sure once Ray gets ahold of that custom tuning software he will probably make it an animal and I really think that's an understatement. You can't just jump into something fresh on the market and expect absolute perfection.

2. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes Noneck, oneshotkyle, DRD, IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #82

User Info Menu

ESPECIALLY right with custom tuning on the immediate horizon! You'd be crazy!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

2013 Laramie 2500 CC. Warp tuning on RaceMe. 2 inch level w/35s.

4. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes DRD, IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #83

User Info Menu

OK you guys make good sense so I'll stick it out a bit longer and see where it takes us.

6. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes DRD, Noneck, beans20, oneshotkyle, IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #84

User Info Menu

Hey Ray. I had some questions regarding tuning and my issues. I know you don't know specifics on the custom tuning yet, but does it seem like you would be able to take one of your tunes ypu have used with another platform and use it with the raceme tuner? Or in other words can you fix my truck once custom tuning is out? 8)

8. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #85

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Noneck View Post
    Hey Ray. I had some questions regarding tuning and my issues. I know you don't know specifics on the custom tuning yet, but does it seem like you would be able to take one of your tunes ypu have used with another platform and use it with the raceme tuner? Or in other words can you fix my truck once custom tuning is out? 8)

I certainly can take the knowledge I've learned with other custom tuning platforms and apply it to any future platforms, but I can't specifically apply a tune file from one platform to another.

With all custom tuning platforms I've used, what happens is the tuner manufacturer supplies base files to work from. Base files are specific to a particular calibration (the year model and how your truck was designated or equipped). The professional tuner would then take the needed base file and use the custom tuning software to modify the base file to meet the individual customer's needs. Once that is done, the modified base file (tune) could be emailed to the customer for use with their truck. All the customer does is take the tune file and use their tuning device to flash the new custom tune to their truck.

I don't want to add to or take anything away from RaceME by my statements. Let's tag Franz and see if he can elaborate any on how Warp Tuning will work at this time. @Franz

Ray
    Double R Diesel, LLC
    www.doublerdiesel.com
    info@doublerdiesel.com

The Cummins Whisperer! John 3:16, Romans 10:9-10...Tuning for the Heart and Soul.

10. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #86

User Info Menu

Gotcha. This is my first tuner so I'm still on a learning curve. Franz assured me they would get me squared away, I'm just trying to figure out what my options are later down the road.

12. Likes RATLIN'HP liked this post
  13. Top Of Page | #87

User Info Menu

Gotcha. This is my first tuner so I'm still on a learning curve. Franz assured me they would get me squared away, I'm just trying to figure out what my options are later down the road.

Never hurts to ask questions!

From what I hear Franz is getting all wrinkles ironed out one by one, so its just a matter of time before you'll have solution...whether it be through custom tuning or just a simple update. If he said he would fix you up, I'd take that to the bank.

Ray
    Double R Diesel, LLC
    www.doublerdiesel.com
    info@doublerdiesel.com

The Cummins Whisperer! John 3:16, Romans 10:9-10...Tuning for the Heart and Soul.

14. Likes RATLIN'HP, oneshotkyle, beans20 liked this post
  15. Top Of Page | #88

User Info Menu

I'm pretty confident that he will. So I had the time today to download the old firmware. I drove the truck beforehand with the old tune and reloaded 120 and tried medium spool. It's very strange but if I roll into the throttle slowly it seems to pull fine. If I stab it like I'm going to pass someone it just craps out. At any rate, I just can't bring myself to put the old tuning without trans tuning back in. It makes the truck so much more drivable around town. I'll just have to remember not to pass anyone!

16. Top Of Page | #89

User Info Menu

I'm pretty confident that he will. So I had the time today to download the old firmware. I drove the truck beforehand with the old tune and reloaded 120 and tried medium spool. It's very strange but if I roll into the throttle slowly it seems to pull fine. If I stab it like I'm going to pass someone it just craps out. At any rate, I just can't bring myself to put the old tuning without trans tuning back in. It makes the truck so much more drivable around town. I'll just have to remember not to pass anyone!

So not likely but, I wonder if something changed later in the 13's into 14's with the fuel pressure relief valve. It's just an idea but possibly they could have changed something different like a possibly weaker spring maybe just a bad batch of relief valves. Because the only thing that happens to mine is the rail pressure spikes to 28k but it doesn't fall flat. Just an idea. This thread has had 2500 views granted some of them are visitors, however there really are only a handful of people reporting this issue so surely with that many views there would be more people having this issue that would be able to also put their name on the "list".. @Noneck I'm not saying it's not the tuning, just trying to think of another idea that is also very likely.

17. Top Of Page | #90

User Info Menu

Franzs' feelings were that it was a sensor. Maybe something getting weak with age? That would explain multi years being affected and only a few trucks. I have only gotten the fuel pressure code one time despite the truck having had these symptoms several times. What I'm wondering now that I've seen the truck seems to have decent power rolling on the throttle is maybe throttle position sensor? I think the fuel pressure is a result of something else that is causing the problem. But really what do I know...

Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast