Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: EGR Delete or No?

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

EGR Delete or No?

Hello all, I have a question that I searched for answers for and I haven't found any that completely clear things up for me as of yet. My question is about EGR deleting. I know Ray at Double R Diesel offers some tunes that will shut off the EGR but is it better to do it that way or go with the full delete of it? If I did go with the tuner to shut it off is there anything else I would have to do or should do such as the throttle valve delete?

On a side note, I am sooo grateful for finding this forum! I have had so many questions answered by reading through old threads on here. It also led me to learn about Double R Diesel's youtube videos that also did an awesome job of answering questions.

2. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: EGR Delete or No?

I felt it was one less thing to go wrong if I removed it. I read some instances of them coming apart etc and since it was disabled, why not remove it!

Sent from my SM-G935U using Tapatalk

2013 Laramie 2500 CC. Warp tuning on RaceMe. 2 inch level w/35s.

3. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Hey bud! First off welcome to the forum as we are glad to have you apart of our community.

Second is the EGR-less tuning is only good for trucks with less then around 50k miles on the exhaust system. After that like Mr. Ray explains the exhaust system can be worn out around that time give or take. It is definitely much more beneficial to delete it. Once you take everything off and see how much soot has already built up you will be thankful you did!

If you went with the EGR-less tuning you would be able to leave the throttle valve in place as the tuner will just shut everything off.

Quote Originally Posted by DBritt8715 View Post
    Hello all, I have a question that I searched for answers for and I haven't found any that completely clear things up for me as of yet. My question is about EGR deleting. I know Ray at Double R Diesel offers some tunes that will shut off the EGR but is it better to do it that way or go with the full delete of it? If I did go with the tuner to shut it off is there anything else I would have to do or should do such as the throttle valve delete?

On a side note, I am sooo grateful for finding this forum! I have had so many questions answered by reading through old threads on here. It also led me to learn about Double R Diesel's youtube videos that also did an awesome job of answering questions.

Matthew 6:9-13, 2 Corinthians 5:20
    See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email us at:
    sales@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

4. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Welcome to the family

2012 Cummins Ram 6.7L MM3 tuner full 5" Flo Pro TBE Exhaust LWBCC 4x4 Mag Hytec Double Deep Transmission Pan , Mag Hytec Rear Diff Cover
    Airlift part # 57595 7500lbs airbags ,Nitto Ridge Grapplers 35/12.50/20 on XD 829 Big Hoss ll Satin Black Machined Dark Tint 20 x 9 with + 18 offset rims,MM3 Tuner With full Custom Tunes by Ray at DRD , Autometer A13117 Pillar Pod , Edge 98004 mount adapter , Mag Hytec front diff cover, SuperNova V4 LED Headlight Bulbs

5. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Welcome

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2006 dodge ram 2500 laramie crew cab 5.9 cummins. 10x20 et-24 fuel offroad with 275.60r20 tires. bully dog gt tuner. 48re ATS built tranny triple disc converter ATS oilpan and transgo quick shifter. 4" turbo back exhaust. brembo discs and pads