Thanks Thanks:  4
Likes Likes:  15
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tranfer case

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Tranfer case

I'll try and keep this short but need some opinions.

Wife got stuck and put the truck ib 4 Lo to get out. After she got out and put back in 2wd the truck would barely move. I'm pretty sure the transfer case did not disengage. Tried shifting it back and forth from 4 Lo - 2wd several times. Even tried driving slow popping it in neutral and shifting the 4x4...still wouldnt disengage. I can hear the transfer case motor making noises but its not doing anything.

So I'm leaning towards a faulty transfer case motor. What do you all think? Will it be covered under warranty?

2017 2500 68RFE deleted and tuned by DRD.

Sent from my VS996 using Tapatalk

2016 Ram 2500, Deleted & Tuned by DRD, 5 in Flo-Pro exhaust, REVMAX ZeroFlex Valve Body, Thuren 2.5 Fox suspension.

2. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Tranfer case

Should be under warranty depending on how many miles on your truck.
    Had a similar problem with my wife's Tahoe. Ended up being the switch on her dash after replacing the transfer case motor all under warranty.

3. Likes Stevent85 liked this post
  4. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 16 Cummins View Post
    Should be under warranty depending on how many miles on your truck.
    Had a similar problem with my wife's Tahoe. Ended up being the switch on her dash after replacing the transfer case motor all under warranty.
    Truck has 5k miles. Just curious if they'll cover it since its deleted.

2016 Ram 2500, Deleted & Tuned by DRD, 5 in Flo-Pro exhaust, REVMAX ZeroFlex Valve Body, Thuren 2.5 Fox suspension.

5. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

My dealership has no problem with mine being deleted. In fact, they offer more for a deleted truck when it's out of factory warranty.
    I asked their stand on deleting when I bought my truck. They said they would warranty any factory part remaining on my truck and would not warranty any emissions related component. Fair enough for me

6. Thanks Stevent85 thanked for this post
    Likes Stevent85, walla2k5, Burd liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Your truck should still be under warrenty as long as it has nothing to do with what the programmer touches. If they try to say otherwise you can tell them to prove how the programmer changes anything to that switch and or 4wd system.

Matthew 6:9-13, 2 Corinthians 5:20
    See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email us at:
    sales@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

8. Thanks Stevent85 thanked for this post
    Likes Stevent85, theaaronbush, walla2k5 liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

If you have a good service guy at the dealer they will take care of you. Sometimes those are hard to find though. I’ve experienced awesome to terrible and everything in between.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

10. Likes walla2k5 liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

Thabks for the input everyone. Just towed it and dropped at the dealership. I'll update everyone when I hear back from them in a few days.

12. Likes walla2k5 liked this post
  13. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Stevent85 View Post
    Thabks for the input everyone. Just towed it and dropped at the dealership. I'll update everyone when I hear back from them in a few days.

With such little mileage it should be 100% covered bud

2012 Cummins Ram 6.7L MM3 tuner full 5" Flo Pro TBE Exhaust LWBCC 4x4 Mag Hytec Double Deep Transmission Pan , Mag Hytec Rear Diff Cover
    Airlift part # 57595 7500lbs airbags ,Nitto Ridge Grapplers 35/12.50/20 on XD 829 Big Hoss ll Satin Black Machined Dark Tint 20 x 9 with + 18 offset rims,MM3 Tuner With full Custom Tunes by Ray at DRD , Autometer A13117 Pillar Pod , Edge 98004 mount adapter , Mag Hytec front diff cover, SuperNova V4 LED Headlight Bulbs

14. Likes Stevent85, walla2k5 liked this post
  15. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 16 Cummins View Post
    My dealership has no problem with mine being deleted. In fact, they offer more for a deleted truck when it's out of factory warranty.
    I asked their stand on deleting when I bought my truck. They said they would warranty any factory part remaining on my truck and would not warranty any emissions related component. Fair enough for me
    whats the dealerships name?

16. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Tomoad View Post
    whats the dealerships name?
    Sent you a PM

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast