Thanks Thanks:  4
Likes Likes:  8
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fuel Filter Change Frequency

1. Top Of Page | #11

User Info Menu

Fuel Filter Change Frequency

Thanks for the reply.....How often do you change the FASS filters and how much roughly do they cost? I assume being Fleetguard you get them at Napa?

Also, does anyone know off hand ballpark what the three filter system costs?

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

The only practical use for that pistol is to fight your way back to the rifle you should not have dropped in the first place!!

2012 Ram 3500 6.7 HO Black QC SB - Full EGR/DPF Delete, 4" Flow Pro Turbo Back - FASS Titanium 150 with sump and fuel heater - Awesome Double R Tune

2. Top Of Page | #12

User Info Menu

Re: Fuel Filter Change Frequency

Quote Originally Posted by Gsxrgrizz View Post
    Thanks for the reply.....How often do you change the FASS filters and how much roughly do they cost? I assume being Fleetguard you get them at Napa?

Also, does anyone know off hand ballpark what the three filter system costs?

You can get the Fleetguard from @Geno's Garage. They have the FASS also. Geno's has some really good Fleetguard prices. Worth the shipping.

For the three filter, I was thinking you run through the FASS system and then through the factory filter as the third.

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

3. Top Of Page | #13

User Info Menu

So,basically, I would change the FASS filters every oil change and the factory every other change. Or would the FASS filters be every other change and the factory every third change?

Also, looking at @Geno's Garage, would I go with the 95GPH Titanium pump and filter? It said it completely bypasses the factory filter, is there a way I can install the FASS and keep the factory filter at the same time?

The only practical use for that pistol is to fight your way back to the rifle you should not have dropped in the first place!!

2012 Ram 3500 6.7 HO Black QC SB - Full EGR/DPF Delete, 4" Flow Pro Turbo Back - FASS Titanium 150 with sump and fuel heater - Awesome Double R Tune

4. Top Of Page | #14

User Info Menu

Titanium 95 Yes. Best choice. That's the one I use.
    I worked with Fass for quite a while to figure out why the pressure was dropping in a short time over the winter. After the cold weather set in, I watched the pressure until it dropped. Opened up a filter and found the waxing of the primary pre-filter. Then installed a fuel heater last year. pressure fell 1 PSI and I'm still on those filters. They'll get changed in October now. So don't forget that heater.

Change the Fass every 12K, Best policy. Occasionally check for water. Especially in the spring and Fall. Change the factory filter every 24K. The fuller you keep the tank, the less possibility the tank will condensate.

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

5. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS, HKBIGDADDYDIESELDAN thanked for this post
  6. Top Of Page | #15

User Info Menu

Which fuel heater would you recommend? Also, was it hard to install? Don't Es it replace it enhance the grid heater?

7. Top Of Page | #16
    Permanent Vacation rollinsmokediesel's Avatar

User Info Menu

I would go straight to the FASS 150, this way honestly if you ever get the bug for a few modifications the flow is already there.

Three filters? Just eliminate the restriction of the factory fuel housing and install the kit the way it was designed to bypass it and feed straight to the CP3 pump.

James
    RSD

8. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12