Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  3

Thread: Problems

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Problems

I was wondering and I know this may sound crazy but here goes I feel that I can jump in my Truck and go any where I want to go with any problems but if I remove all the emission stuff will there be any issues I have traveled up and down the east coast without any issues and will this over all help the life of the engine. I know this is a crazy question but i'm sure there are some that can answer this and there are some that have had the emissions removed from there trucks for years I was wanted to know the benefits gains and if there there are any disadvantages?

2. Likes walla2k5 liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Problems

Less chance of being stranded along the road due to def issue or one of the 20 some sensors taking a crap. There is plenty of things that can leave you stranded while being deleted but its 10 fold with it still installed and in operation. That being said 4th gens are pretty reliable either way compared to the dmax and pstrokes

4. Thanks Lem Felton thanked for this post
    Likes walla2k5 liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Lem Felton View Post
    I was wondering and I know this may sound crazy but here goes I feel that I can jump in my Truck and go any where I want to go with any problems but if I remove all the emission stuff will there be any issues I have traveled up and down the east coast without any issues and will this over all help the life of the engine. I know this is a crazy question but i'm sure there are some that can answer this and there are some that have had the emissions removed from there trucks for years I was wanted to know the benefits gains and if there there are any disadvantages?
    you will get many of the same answers from those that have deleted. Not sure of you remainder of warranty. There are many threads on deleting and the pros and cons. DRD has more than a few videos that talk about the question of should I delete. many you-tube videos from other sources and individuals that are not coming from a company. anytime you can do something as a upgrade to your truck or any vehicle does have a impact on the longevity of that system or engine. the other way to look at this is , how long do you plan on keeping the truck. eventually you will have to replace emission parts in a stock truck. some happen within warranty, some out of warranty and depending on what needs replaced you can be looking at a big thousands + bill if you keep it stock. this is usually the turning point for owners to delete at this time.

2017 WON TON CC LB 68AUTO
    Secret stuff that make it vroom and whistle better Thuren 2.25 w/2.0 Fox Resi

Justin
    Southern Oregon ( the Republican part)
    UNITEDSTATES MARINE CORPS 1993-2007
    No better friend, No better enemy.

6. Likes Rapidfire_70 liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DIESELWRKS View Post
    you will get many of the same answers from those that have deleted. Not sure of you remainder of warranty. There are many threads on deleting and the pros and cons. DRD has more than a few videos that talk about the question of should I delete. many you-tube videos from other sources and individuals that are not coming from a company. anytime you can do something as a upgrade to your truck or any vehicle does have a impact on the longevity of that system or engine. the other way to look at this is , how long do you plan on keeping the truck. eventually you will have to replace emission parts in a stock truck. some happen within warranty, some out of warranty and depending on what needs replaced you can be looking at a big thousands + bill if you keep it stock. this is usually the turning point for owners to delete at this time.
    Thanks for replying everything you said made sense thinking back everything that was replaced under warranty would have been expensive if I had to pay for them myself thanks again for the wakeup call

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

8. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

What all has been replaced under warranty?

9. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Capt543 View Post
    What all has been replaced under warranty?
    DPF,Cat dosing valve ,valve body,a bunch of stuff related to emissions

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

10. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

Removing or deleting all the pollution control BS will give you peace of mind as long as you get a quality tuner such as MM3 from Ray at DRD and help increase the longevity of your Cummins as long as you do the upkeep and service of your Cummins with quality parts and filters and fluids

2012 Cummins Ram 6.7L MM3 tuner full 5" Flo Pro TBE Exhaust LWBCC 4x4 Mag Hytec Double Deep Transmission Pan , Mag Hytec Rear Diff Cover
    Airlift part # 57595 7500lbs airbags ,Nitto Ridge Grapplers 35/12.50/20 on XD 829 Big Hoss ll Satin Black Machined Dark Tint 20 x 9 with + 18 offset rims,MM3 Tuner With full Custom Tunes by Ray at DRD , Autometer A13117 Pillar Pod , Edge 98004 mount adapter , Mag Hytec front diff cover, SuperNova V4 LED Headlight Bulbs

11. Thanks Lem Felton thanked for this post