Thanks Thanks:  6
Likes Likes:  13
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 6.7 injectors might be going bad

1. Top Of Page | #11
    Permanent Vacation AccurateDiesel's Avatar

User Info Menu

PM replied to - Thank you

BTW, we also have an AutoEnginuity - lots of tool for the money!

2. Likes IGOTACUMMINS, Rockwerx liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #12

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by thewildkarrd@doublerdiesel View Post
    That's actually really cool!!! And for what it is/does that's really cheap. I think that's going on my wish list for when I make it rich
    Quote Originally Posted by AccurateDiesel View Post
    PM replied to - Thank you

BTW, we also have an AutoEnginuity - lots of tool for the money!
    You know what Drew? I ducked buying it for a long time. Can't live without it now. It will also show codes the CEL and the key trick won't.

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

4. Likes Rockwerx liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #13

User Info Menu

Somebody say autoenginuity??? Love mine as well!

The Cummins Whisperer! John 3:16, Romans 10:9-10...Tuning for the Heart and Soul.

6. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes Rockwerx liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #14

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Double R Diesel View Post
    Somebody say autoenginuity??? Love mine as well!

If the women can't find you handsome, they'll find you handy.

That thing is a lifesaver. I just wish the 03 supported a few more things

S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

8. Likes DRD liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #15

User Info Menu

That looks handy to have! Do you have the basic one Ray?

2012 Lonestar Edition Mineral Gray 3500 DRW CrewCab 4x4 6.7/68RFE 3.73, 125,000 miles and climbing, Revmax Valvebody, AFE Bladerunner Intake horn, Michellin LTX AT2, CHR550 Lockpick, Mopar Kicker Speaker Upgrades, Mopar Kicker 10" Sub, Synergy Steering Box Brace, Edge CTS Insight

10. Top Of Page | #16

User Info Menu

Oh and not to derail the thread. I could've swore these 6.7 injectors are a lot better than the 5.9cr. Read where one guy got 380,000 miles out of his stock set.

2012 Lonestar Edition Mineral Gray 3500 DRW CrewCab 4x4 6.7/68RFE 3.73, 125,000 miles and climbing, Revmax Valvebody, AFE Bladerunner Intake horn, Michellin LTX AT2, CHR550 Lockpick, Mopar Kicker Speaker Upgrades, Mopar Kicker 10" Sub, Synergy Steering Box Brace, Edge CTS Insight

11. Top Of Page | #17

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Tex View Post
    That looks handy to have! Do you have the basic one Ray?
    I've got the basic unit with the added enhanced Chrysler pids. It definitely is a big bang for the buck.

The Cummins Whisperer! John 3:16, Romans 10:9-10...Tuning for the Heart and Soul.

12. Thanks Hollnagel thanked for this post
  13. Top Of Page | #18

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Tex View Post
    Oh and not to derail the thread. I could've swore these 6.7 injectors are a lot better than the 5.9cr. Read where one guy got 380,000 miles out of his stock set.
    Improvement has been made all along through the years but common rail Bosch injectors are sensitive pieces. They have a very high pressure rating and can perform for many many miles, but just a bit of water can ruin them.

14. Thanks Hollnagel thanked for this post
  15. Top Of Page | #19

User Info Menu

I've got the basic unit with the added enhanced Chrysler pids. It definitely is a big bang for the buck.
    That's what I have too. Excellent tool. Kind of a pain to upgrade though

16. Top Of Page | #20

User Info Menu

Improvement has been made all along through the years but common rail Bosch injectors are sensitive pieces. They have a very high pressure rating and can perform for many many miles, but just a bit of water can ruin them.
    The 5.9 CR are more forgiving than the 6.7 for sure. The 6.7 works on almost twice the pressure too. We;; not quite, but it is considerably higher.

If you go back in the archives, you'll see where I lost 2 sets of them because of Air Dog Filters rusting.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast