Thanks Thanks:  20
Likes Likes:  24
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Special tools needed?

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Special tools needed?

So which of y’all fellers that’s did deletes knows what kinda special tools is needed?

My luck, there’s always “that one bolt” that ya need “that one special $5000 wrench” to git to and it winds up snafuin the whole job.

Then ya got them smartasses that’ll tell ya “gee, everybody knows about “that one bolt” that ya need “that one wrench” for which leaves me wantin to choke somebody.

A’ight. Rant over. Point bein though, I just like makin sure I’m goin into sumthin I ain’t never did before with a good battle plan.

2. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Special tools needed?

A crowfoots wrench helps getting to this bolt.

At least I think it is this bolt. It has been a couple of years. Not sure of the size, looks like a about 1/2" or 12mm

Brent
    2017 Ram 2500 Limited / 6.7 / 68RFE / BDS 8" Lift / 38 x 13.5 Trail Grapplers / 20 x 10 Hostile Wheels
    2020 Ram 2500 Tradesman / 6.7 / 68RFE
    1993 W250 LE / 5.9 12V / G360 - 5 Speed

3. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BrentM View Post
    A crowsfoot wrench helps getting to this bolt.
    https://i.imgur.com/ZG0NCmdl.jpg

At least I think it is this bolt. It has been a couple of years. Not sure of the size, looks like a about 1/2" or 12mm
    That bolt can be a pain but if I remember right if you get the EGR cooler out of the way first it makes it much easier. I want to say I was able to do it with a regular open end wrench.

I did mine on my own with no special tools so it can be done! I have a 2012 though so not sure if the addition of DEF on the exhaust requires any additional tools.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Thanks cumminsbadgirl, BlackBart, watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes cumminsbadgirl, watersupply189 liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #4
    Permanent Vacation KeepEmRollin14's Avatar

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BlackBart View Post
    So which of y’all fellers that’s did deletes knows what kinda special tools is needed?

My luck, there’s always “that one bolt” that ya need “that one special $5000 wrench” to git to and it winds up snafuin the whole job.

Then ya got them smartasses that’ll tell ya “gee, everybody knows about “that one bolt” that ya need “that one wrench” for which leaves me wantin to choke somebody.

A’ight. Rant over. Point bein though, I just like makin sure I’m goin into sumthin I ain’t never did before with a good battle plan.

No special tools required but I would recommend either crows foot as stated or a ratcheting wrench set.

6. Thanks cumminsbadgirl, BlackBart, watersupply189 thanked for this post
  7. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

A crowsfoot wrench helps getting to this bolt.

It’s a 15mm wrench or socket with universal joint

2012 Cummins Ram 6.7L MM3 tuner full 5" Flo Pro TBE Exhaust LWBCC 4x4 Mag Hytec Double Deep Transmission Pan , Mag Hytec Rear Diff Cover
    Airlift part # 57595 7500lbs airbags ,Nitto Ridge Grapplers 35/12.50/20 on XD 829 Big Hoss ll Satin Black Machined Dark Tint 20 x 9 with + 18 offset rims,MM3 Tuner With full Custom Tunes by Ray at DRD , Autometer A13117 Pillar Pod , Edge 98004 mount adapter , Mag Hytec front diff cover, SuperNova V4 LED Headlight Bulbs

8. Thanks watersupply189, BlackBart thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

I just did my delete last Sunday, yes that bolt is a pita but it isn't at all hard to remove if you take the cooler out first. That's what I did. Good luck with the delete. Take your time, just make sure to cross you I's and dot you T's.....

2018 2500 Limited Tungsten --- MM3 by DRD, Banks 3.5" horn, Banks grid heater delete, S&B dry filter, JAMO 5", ARP 625, FASS 165 w/sump pump

10. Thanks watersupply189, BlackBart thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, Josh6.7 liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

If you are doing a TB exhaust, the clamp holding the downpipe to the turbo is hard to get to. Have to take the passenger wheel well out. Then I had to have another person help me hold the new downpipe in place while i put the clamp on.

12. Thanks watersupply189, BlackBart thanked for this post
  13. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle Workman View Post
    If you are doing a TB exhaust, the clamp holding the downpipe to the turbo is hard to get to. Have to take the passenger wheel well out.
    ?That I’m hopin to avoid. I reckon we’ll find out.

14. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  15. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle Workman View Post
    If you are doing a TB exhaust, the clamp holding the downpipe to the turbo is hard to get to. Have to take the passenger wheel well out. Then I had to have another person help me hold the new downpipe in place while i put the clamp on.
    X2 I definitely had to have an extra set of hands and I took my fender liner out. Makes life 100 times easier. If it makes ya feel better this is my first diesel truck to ever own and I deleted mine at 700 miles. You’re all good

2018 2500 Limited Tungsten --- MM3 by DRD, Banks 3.5" horn, Banks grid heater delete, S&B dry filter, JAMO 5", ARP 625, FASS 165 w/sump pump

16. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  17. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

A crowfoots wrench helps getting to this bolt.

Risky with a crowfoot. I was afraid that I would round off. I waited until cooler was off and then accessed from in back with a regular combo wrench box end.

18. Thanks BlackBart thanked for this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast