Thanks Thanks:  17
Likes Likes:  49
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Tune & ....?

1. Top Of Page | #21

User Info Menu

Re: Tune & ....?

Quote Originally Posted by 16 Cummins View Post
    You actually don't have a muffler on your 2017. It has a DPF and scr. The race pipe removes both and you have an option of straight pipe or add a muffler.
    I put a muffler on mine. It isn't much louder, but it breathes better. You can hear exhaust brake from outside now.
    My bad... I have a 2012.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

2012 CCSB Saddle Brown Pearl... DRD tuned

2. Top Of Page | #22

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisOx View Post
    Was looking at the MM3. But it's a little price / race me tuner or efi live . Them 3 are the ones I've been looking into. I got about 2200$
    hidden from the wife so I have to make it go as far as I can. The exhaust is about 560$. Which leaves me with 1600.
    If you have that much saved, you're not far off. Just save a few more of your pennies and knock it all out at once. You'll only need $400-$500 more for the full package. Trust me just wait it out and get it all, you'll be glad you did.

3. Likes ChrisOx liked this post
  4. Top Of Page | #23

User Info Menu

I was surprised I didn't have a muffler on my 16 model. That other junk was so restricted, it didn't need it.

I could see how these systems would fail over time. The front of the filters had black soot in them after 10,000 miles and they will eventually clog. They are designed to be removed for cleaning which helps when using the delete pipes. Also, if ever needed to return to stock, there is no cutting of factory parts involved.
    The factory set up is like putting a bag over your head and trying to breathe. Long term results are bleak.

5. Likes Power247, ChrisOx, walla2k5 liked this post
  6. Top Of Page | #24

User Info Menu

I was surprised I didn't have a muffler on my 16 model. That other junk was so restricted, it didn't need it.

I could see how these systems would fail over time. The front of the filters had black soot in them after 10,000 miles and they will eventually clog. They are designed to be removed for cleaning which helps when using the delete pipes. Also, if ever needed to return to stock, there is no cutting of factory parts involved.
    The factory set up is like putting a bag over your head and trying to breathe. Long term results are bleak.
    You really want to see nasty soot the worst parts are the egr and intake horn where all the soot goes back in to attempted to be burned again... mine was caked on over a half inch thick, grid heater almost plugged at 50k miles. I also love my MM3 from Ray @ Double R Diesel, Its amazing... There are lots or choices for packages and also you can save some major coin by becoming a platinum lifetime member here... Enjoy my friend!! @16 Cummins

2014 6.7 Cummins G56 Blackout Edition Laramie, MM3 tuned by Double R Diesel, 5" Flo-Pro SS TBE, HPP EGR & CCV Deletes, S & B Intake, Valair double disc organic, ARP 625 Studs, Firestone Ride Rite airbags w/ Airlift wireless compressor, 2.5" level, 35X12.50R20 Toyos on BMF Novakane, Bushwackers, RECON tails, 3rd and cab lights. B & W slider 5th wheel.

7. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS, 16 Cummins thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS, 16 Cummins liked this post
  8. Top Of Page | #25

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by TH-64 View Post
    Forget the Ultra box tuning and go for the MM3 with custom tuning. You'll be glad you did. You can save some money with a $300 delete race pipe. Call Ray at Double R Diesel and discuss your options!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    If I'm not mistaken in rays package deal when I purchased the deletes and custom tuning, i got a full 5" exhaust turbo back for 350 or so

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

9. Top Of Page | #26

User Info Menu

does the mm3 come pre-tuned? and Ray will adjust if needed? aslo if I get this race pipe you speak of will the exhaust sound different and I can get the def & egr off?
    Ray will adjust if needed. This man is king when it comes to customer service.

10. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #27

User Info Menu

does the mm3 come pre-tuned? and Ray will adjust if needed? aslo if I get this race pipe you speak of will the exhaust sound different and I can get the def & egr off?
    You will no longer have to buy def and the egr can come off with a full delete. Ray offers emission compliant tuning that you can remove egr, but still use def.

12. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  13. Top Of Page | #28

User Info Menu

You will no longer have to buy def and the egr can come off with a full delete. Ray offers emission compliant tuning that you can remove egr, but still use def.
    In addition to full delete tuning. Why haven we tagged ray or a link yet?

14. Top Of Page | #29

User Info Menu

Welcome @bmheie

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2006 dodge ram 2500 laramie crew cab 5.9 cummins. 10x20 et-24 fuel offroad with 275.60r20 tires. bully dog gt tuner. 48re ATS built tranny triple disc converter ATS oilpan and transgo quick shifter. 4" turbo back exhaust. brembo discs and pads

15. Top Of Page | #30

User Info Menu

Does the mm3 adjust different tire sizes ? Or is that something I've got to have ray do? I don't have rims and tires now but I got plans.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast