Thanks Thanks:  8
Likes Likes:  13
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Stock rear shock replacement?

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Stock rear shock replacement?

Ok y'all, i have the front Thuren coils and fox shocks, and I can tell a positive difference in the ride, but my rear is still stiff unloaded( especially over the cattle gap and speed bumps.) is there anything I can do to soften that up like some factory height fox shocks to keep the payload or do I have to go all the way and get the Thuren coils and overland shock( I'm too cheap to buy kings). I know Thuren doesn't carry fox rears but are there some out there that compare?

2. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Stock rear shock replacement?

I just asked about this in another thread only on my 3500. CJC said better rear shocks will minimally help the stiff rear, and best to do a spring change with shocks to soften the ride. My stiffness is actually multiplied by air bags with minimum pressure also.

2015 Black Laramie CCSB 3500 SRW. Thuren Leveled With Fox 2.0 Shocks. Ride Rite Rear Air Bags With Wireless Airlift Onboard Air. 35" Toyos. All The Options Minus The Soot Cookers. RaceMe Ultra.

3. Thanks E.mccarthy7018 thanked for this post
  4. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

In order to get a better ride in the rear, different leaf Springs are usually recommended. If you'd like to keep your pay load you can always do the day star cradles with some bags!

Dude's Diesel Performance
    281-895-DUDE (3833)

Matthew 6:9-13, 2 Corinthians 5:20
    See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email us at:
    sales@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

5. Thanks E.mccarthy7018 thanked for this post
    Likes Snow Dodge liked this post
  6. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by E.mccarthy7018 View Post
    Ok y'all, i have the front Thuren coils and fox shocks, and I can tell a positive difference in the ride, but my rear is still stiff unloaded( especially over the cattle gap and speed bumps.) is there anything I can do to soften that up like some factory height fox shocks to keep the payload or do I have to go all the way and get the Thuren coils and overland shock( I'm too cheap to buy kings). I know Thuren doesn't carry fox rears but are there some out there that compare?
    You bought a truck it is going to ride like a truck don't be afraid to use it as a truck

2012 Cummins Ram 6.7L MM3 tuner full 5" Flo Pro TBE Exhaust LWBCC 4x4 Mag Hytec Double Deep Transmission Pan , Mag Hytec Rear Diff Cover
    Airlift part # 57595 7500lbs airbags ,Nitto Ridge Grapplers 35/12.50/20 on XD 829 Big Hoss ll Satin Black Machined Dark Tint 20 x 9 with + 18 offset rims,MM3 Tuner With full Custom Tunes by Ray at DRD , Autometer A13117 Pillar Pod , Edge 98004 mount adapter , Mag Hytec front diff cover, SuperNova V4 LED Headlight Bulbs

7. Thanks AnOldBiker thanked for this post
    Likes Snow Dodge, AnOldBiker liked this post
  8. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RATLIN'HP View Post
    I just asked about this in another thread only on my 3500. CJC said better rear shocks will minimally help the stiff rear, and best to do a spring change with shocks to soften the ride. My stiffness is actually multiplied by air bags with minimum pressure also.
    im not looking to put a Cadillac emblem on the hood, just a replacement for the oem since the fronts got replaced with the fox and I'm at 55000 miles on the rear. Just a stock alternative that is an upgrade.

When i I cross the cattle gap the rear end jumps when there's no trailer hooked up. I figure a aftermarket shock would ease that hopping slightly.

9. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by HKBIGDADDYDIESELDAN View Post
    You bought a truck it is going to ride like a truck don't be afraid to use it as a truck

Reckon i I shoulda walked outside at the dealer to see the check I was writing for 49Gs was a truck? The guy told me it was the new Prius, I'll have to do some more research next time.

10. Thanks Cummins7 thanked for this post
    Likes Power247, Cummins7 liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

Reckon i I shoulda walked outside at the dealer to see the check I was writing for 49Gs was a truck? The guy told me it was the new Prius, I'll have to do some more research next time.
    It's your truck brother don't worry about people telling you how to use it. Most of the time there is a lot more help here.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

12. Likes Snow Dodge, AnOldBiker liked this post
  13. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

im not looking to put a Cadillac emblem on the hood, just a replacement for the oem since the fronts got replaced with the fox and I'm at 55000 miles on the rear. Just a stock alternative that is an upgrade.

When i I cross the cattle gap the rear end jumps when there's no trailer hooked up. I figure a aftermarket shock would ease that hopping slightly.
    I'm in for more info also. Just last night I was nearly thrown off the road from some pot holes. The problem is I tow heavy yet still want that loaded ride while empty. I'm thinking Thuren front springs, but have no idea if there any good options for the back leafs.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

2012 CCSB Saddle Brown Pearl... DRD tuned

14. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

As far as the rear goes my plan was gonna be cradles for my air bags, and bilstien 5100 shocks.
    @TH-64 I have no complaints with the front of my truck running Thuren springs and fox shocks.

2015 Black Laramie CCSB 3500 SRW. Thuren Leveled With Fox 2.0 Shocks. Ride Rite Rear Air Bags With Wireless Airlift Onboard Air. 35" Toyos. All The Options Minus The Soot Cookers. RaceMe Ultra.

15. Thanks E.mccarthy7018 thanked for this post
    Likes E.mccarthy7018 liked this post
  16. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RATLIN'HP View Post
    As far as the rear goes my plan was gonna be cradles for my air bags, and bilstien 5100 shocks.
    @TH-64 I have no complaints with the front of my truck running Thuren springs and fox shocks.
    Did you see a noticable improvement from stock? Also, please explain what you cradles are. Thanks in advance.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

2012 CCSB Saddle Brown Pearl... DRD tuned

17. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast