Thanks Thanks:  7
Likes Likes:  9

Thread: Thinking about buying an 03 with 222000 miles

1. Top Of Page | #1
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Thinking about buying an 03 with 222000 miles

I'm thinking about buying a 2003 with 22200 miles is there anything I should look for or watch at that mileage??

2. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Thinking about buying an 03 with 222000 miles

Just do the usual. Check for blow by. Check for any type of mud up under the body to see if there has been any type of mudding. Check the oil of course. Check transmission dips tick and smell it for any type of burnt smell. As long as it has been maintained you honestly should have no worries about the milage too much as these things can last a long time!! Pop the hood check for any signs of EGT gauge by the turbo. Also have a cup or bottle of water with ya and set it on the center console at idle to get an idea of how much vibration it's putting off. Will be an ok way of checking to see if the valve lash needs to be addressed. Just a few things to check. Hope this helps!!

Dude's Diesel Performance
    281-895-DUDE (3833)

Matthew 6:9-13, 2 Corinthians 5:20
    See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email us at:
    sales@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

3. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS, elcubano thanked for this post
  4. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Feel free to call anytime and I can discuss it further and more in detail with ya!!!

Dude's Diesel Performance
    281-895-DUDE (3833)

Matthew 6:9-13, 2 Corinthians 5:20
    See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email us at:
    sales@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

5. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  6. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by bigredtank22 View Post
    I'm thinking about buying a 2003 with 22200 miles is there anything I should look for or watch at that mileage??
    Look in the how too section. I did a very detailed write up about buying a truck.

Here you go https://www.igotacummins.com/threads...AT-TO-LOOK-FOR

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

7. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  8. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

If the price is right, then All you need to check is blowby. For $500 you can redo the whole front end and alignment. The rest, if needed can be repaired over time. I also have a 2003 with 310000 miles on it. All stock except for a diablo tune. Engine and tranny has never been touched. It still gets around 21mpg.

2015 Lone Star 3500 Dually 4x4 , Levelling kit . Amp steps , ranch hand bumpers and headache rack , air bags , XD rims, B&W gooseneck , LED spots , 100 gallon fuel tank , MM3 with Warp from Double R Diesel , SS 4" exhaust with muffler.

9. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS, elcubano thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS, DDP, elcubano liked this post
  10. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

Personally, I've been a dealer for 35 yrs. No one can really answer that question in depth. Used cars are one of a kind. With 220k you have a lot to look at. I would definitely look at car fax to see if title is clean. I would ask to see the title before I even looked at it. Then I would match the VIN on the title to the VIN on the window and door. If it all checked out I would look up KBB trade in value and nock off $2000. For starters...... Just because. Then the usual. Condition condition condition. Clean???? Interior no rips cracks orders. Body. Dents scratches rust oil leaks blow by glass tires oil leaks ac heat lights ECT ECT ECT . If it all checks out negotiate. Often it will not. I wouldn't be afraid of spending $4000. (For starters) on any diesel beat up or not without even looking. There worth that in parts. But definitely would not give more than $8000. If it was decent For a truck like that (just my professional opinion)

11. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post