Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  3

Thread: MM3 Programming Selection

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

MM3 Programming Selection

While I am interested in a DPF delete and tuner, this is all pretty new to me. While doing my research on this site I have been told that the MM3 with tuning from Double R Diesel is the way to go. While exploring their site I have some questions about how and what to order for programming or how it works. I notice the first few selections are about your truck. Under line pressure there is stock and default, my truck is stock but what is the default selection do besides 10 more psi? Does it change you line pressure to 170 as a new default? Next under ECM FILE HP is this the HP selection that you would be loaded into the ECM until you change it? How many of the Realtime HP selections can you make? Are these the ones that can be made on the fly? The other 3 selections are they just purely cosmetic, sound, whistle idle and lope idle? Do you just select one of these that you want that function to work with?

These are probably dumb questions, forgive me just trying to gain some knowledge. About the cost, is the price shown the tuner plus all the included programming or does the cost add up or decrease by how many realtime selections you choose?
    Thanks in advance to those of you that have gone through and know the process and can share them with me...

2. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: MM3 Programming Selection

Quote Originally Posted by ChasManDo View Post
    While I am interested in a DPF delete and tuner, this is all pretty new to me. While doing my research on this site I have been told that the MM3 with tuning from Double R Diesel is the way to go. While exploring their site I have some questions about how and what to order for programming or how it works. I notice the first few selections are about your truck. Under line pressure there is stock and default, my truck is stock but what is the default selection do besides 10 more psi? Does it change you line pressure to 170 as a new default?
    This helps firm up the shift and helps the clutches hold better on the shift and with the increased power

Next under ECM FILE HP is this the HP selection that you would be loaded into the ECM until you change it? How many of the Realtime HP selections can you make? Are these the ones that can be made on the fly?
    This is the default ECM HP that is on the truck every time you start it, you can change the RT on the fly, hence the real time name. You can have several in there (I have 6) but I am going to drop that back to 3 with 3 you don't have to page through screens to find the one you want.

The other 3 selections are they just purely cosmetic, sound, whistle idle and lope idle? Do you just select one of these that you want that function to work with?
    This since I am not deleted I am not sure, I will leave for someone else to answer, although I knwo the Lope tune is for parking lots only and is not one to be driven on, the rest I believe are just sounds

These are probably dumb questions, forgive me just trying to gain some knowledge. About the cost, is the price shown the tuner plus all the included programming or does the cost add up or decrease by how many realtime selections you choose?
    Thanks in advance to those of you that have gone through and know the process and can share them with me...
    I will leave @Double R Diesel to answer the cost question.

2014 Ram 2500 CCSB Ram Box Larime
    2011 Ram 5500
    2006 Diesel Jeep Liberty
    RIP. 2016 Tradesman 2500 picked up 9/28/16 MM3 DRD Tuning 107K miles wrecked by jeep wrangler.....

Other Toys: 1973 Charger Bougham edition 400 big block 42K original miles
    Unicycles (about 3 dozen)

6 in a row makes her go

4. Thanks DcLOLinger thanked for this post
    Likes HKBIGDADDYDIESELDAN, DcLOLinger liked this post