Thanks Thanks:  5
Likes Likes:  10
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Leaking?

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Leaking?

So yesturday I was putting on my carli lower steering stabilizer and realized looked liked something was leaking on the very front crossmember just behind the fan. I wiped it off and didn't think much of it. I am working on putting in the steering box brace now and the liquid is back on that crossmember. It looks like a clear oily liquid with a hint of oil. Almost looks like new oil but maybe a little lighter. Could this be just remains of the egr and cooler being deleted or is it something leaking possibly? I'm not sure if egr even has fluid or what could be leaking up front like that. Thank you.

Attached Images Attached Images
    2015 3500 Cummins w/ aisin, Kore leveling kit, bilstien 5100 shocks, 35x12.5r20 duratracs, fuel kleavers, buschwacker max coverage flares, 40" curved rough country light bar in bumper, putco silver lux led headlights, air lift rear air bags wirelessONE with onboard air, carli track bar, carli lower steering stabalizer, synergy steering box brace, afe cold air intake, raceme ultra with warp tuning by double r diesel, 5" TBE flo pro, full pusher intake, fass 150.

2. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Leaking?

Could be antifreeze from when they did the egr cooler delete??

2015 Black Laramie CCSB 3500 SRW. Thuren Leveled With Fox 2.0 Shocks. Ride Rite Rear Air Bags With Wireless Airlift Onboard Air. 35" Toyos. All The Options Minus The Soot Cookers. RaceMe Ultra.

4. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

What color is the rag when you wipe it off? Use a paper towel this time

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

6. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  7. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

I used a blue shop rag and i couldn't tell exact color but when I wiped it with my finger it looked light brown. Almost to thin of a liquid to be oil but thicker then water? I will wipe with a paper towel and see what she looks like.

2015 3500 Cummins w/ aisin, Kore leveling kit, bilstien 5100 shocks, 35x12.5r20 duratracs, fuel kleavers, buschwacker max coverage flares, 40" curved rough country light bar in bumper, putco silver lux led headlights, air lift rear air bags wirelessONE with onboard air, carli track bar, carli lower steering stabalizer, synergy steering box brace, afe cold air intake, raceme ultra with warp tuning by double r diesel, 5" TBE flo pro, full pusher intake, fass 150.

8. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  9. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Polaraco View Post
    What color is the rag when you wipe it off? Use a paper towel this time
    Kind of hard to tel because I had to wipe as there's plenty of road grime and stuff. It almost looks like there's a lot that was splattered on the diff cover and everything else.
    IMG_1555.jpg

10. Likes HKBIGDADDYDIESELDAN liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

Then wash the motor and that area down. Black like that in a short time makes me thing it's engine oil. The last time the oil was changed, was it spilled?

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

12. Likes HKBIGDADDYDIESELDAN liked this post
  13. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

I was just looking more under the engine and seen a drop of pink liquid hanging from something. I got no clue what color the coolant is but I wonder if it's just the coolant blended in with the grimey stuff under the truck that makes it that color?

14. Likes HKBIGDADDYDIESELDAN liked this post
  15. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

the coolant in my '12 is pink. hopefully this is just where some spilled during the egr delete

Greg
    2012 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | Custom tuned by Double R Diesel
    2016 | Heartland Pioneer | DS310

Greg
    2019 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | 6.4 HEMI

16. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Power247 View Post
    the coolant in my '12 is pink. hopefully this is just where some spilled during the egr delete

Greg
    2012 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | Custom tuned by Double R Diesel
    2016 | Heartland Pioneer | DS310
    im hoping so. My guess is they let it dump under the bottom and it got all over and still dripping. And a lot got mixed with grime from the road. Who knows tho. But like I said it feels a little lighter then oil

17. Likes Power247 liked this post
  18. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

I'd be pretty sure that's what it is. Hard not to spill a little deleting the cooler. And even a little runs everywhere and looks like mess.

2015 Black Laramie CCSB 3500 SRW. Thuren Leveled With Fox 2.0 Shocks. Ride Rite Rear Air Bags With Wireless Airlift Onboard Air. 35" Toyos. All The Options Minus The Soot Cookers. RaceMe Ultra.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast