Thanks Thanks:  28
Likes Likes:  33
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Ultra complications in 1st month... Please Help

1. Top Of Page | #1

Ultra complications in 1st month... Please Help

2017/Aisin... I deleted on day one (17 miles)... Stock Power. After the first 2 weeks (6000 miles), the truck gradually morphed into another tune (???).

Truck was surging and running rough.... with loud , surging turbo whistle and high EGT's at idle. Reprogrammed and Truck was fine... well, until another 2 weeks and 6000 miles. It did the same thing again! Franz believes it is the RT software. So, per instructions, went to return to Stock, then reprogram ECM. NOPE... tuner is now in never-ending loop, giving errors that was shared with Franz and Team. I'm now being towed back to Hotel and still no info from RaceMe Hqtrs. Truck will not return to stock OR reprogram... just in loop of errors. Any thoughts? Was in conversation with RaceMe team, then, when this came up... nothing. THE ONLY THING I want is to clear the codes. Not needing power levels or RT. Tuner is up to date w/ 1.3.5 and battery charger. Any thoughts would be appreciated

2017 3500 MegaCab DRW, 4x4, Aisin, 3.73's... RaceMe since day one.

2. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Ultra complications in 1st month... Please Help

Contact Ray from @Double R Diesel.

There have been some recent issues with the newest update released by RaceME. I'm not sure if Ray can help without custom tuning not

This recent update has become very problematic for custom tuners and truck owners

Ray can chime in. Possibly disconnect all wires. Leave your RT cable unhooked. Then reflash with stock tuning and deleted
    Not sure if that would work or not but maybe

3. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  4. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Did you simply try and unplug from obd2 port? It might send you into a recovery when plugged back in, but might work. Also might wanna find a battery charger. Going into a recovery is simple to do, but it's a bit of flashing to get you back to a tune again.

2015 Black Laramie CCSB 3500 SRW. Thuren Leveled With Fox 2.0 Shocks. Ride Rite Rear Air Bags With Wireless Airlift Onboard Air. 35" Toyos. All The Options Minus The Soot Cookers. RaceMe Ultra.

5. Top Of Page | #4

Appreciated Fellas... I have done just about everything now based upon the instructions by Franz. Battery Charger has been hooked up. When I plug Ultra back into OBD, it just goes right back to error screen and never ending loop. Truck wont even turn over now

6. Top Of Page | #5

ERRORS...

*Previous ECM programming was not successful.
    We will recover the ECM with stock calibration.
    P.M.:0
    P.S.:3
    P.RC.:13251

...the hit "OK."

It goes through "turn key off/on", then back to error...

*Unknown ECM calibration version!

Connected calibration 32381732AC
    Group:3
    VIN:
    Contact RaceMe with these information to obtain assistance!

7. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

Wow! Well if it says contact RaceMe, I guess Franz and crew might be the only way. I've never seen or heard of an Ultra bricking an ecm so here's to hoping they get you taken care of.

2015 Black Laramie CCSB 3500 SRW. Thuren Leveled With Fox 2.0 Shocks. Ride Rite Rear Air Bags With Wireless Airlift Onboard Air. 35" Toyos. All The Options Minus The Soot Cookers. RaceMe Ultra.

8. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by InRecovery View Post
    2017/Aisin... I deleted on day one (17 miles)... Stock Power. After the first 2 weeks (6000 miles), the truck gradually morphed into another tune (???).

Truck was surging and running rough.... with loud , surging turbo whistle and high EGT's at idle. Reprogrammed and Truck was fine... well, until another 2 weeks and 6000 miles. It did the same thing again! Franz believes it is the RT software. So, per instructions, went to return to Stock, then reprogram ECM. NOPE... tuner is now in never-ending loop, giving errors that was shared with Franz and Team. I'm now being towed back to Hotel and still no info from RaceMe Hqtrs. Truck will not return to stock OR reprogram... just in loop of errors. Any thoughts? Was in conversation with RaceMe team, then, when this came up... nothing. THE ONLY THING I want is to clear the codes. Not needing power levels or RT. Tuner is up to date w/ 1.3.5 and battery charger. Any thoughts would be appreciated
    I would talk to Ray at Double R Diesel he is the man

2012 Cummins Ram 6.7L MM3 tuner full 5" Flo Pro TBE Exhaust LWBCC 4x4 Mag Hytec Double Deep Transmission Pan , Mag Hytec Rear Diff Cover
    Airlift part # 57595 7500lbs airbags ,Nitto Ridge Grapplers 35/12.50/20 on XD 829 Big Hoss ll Satin Black Machined Dark Tint 20 x 9 with + 18 offset rims,MM3 Tuner With full Custom Tunes by Ray at DRD , Autometer A13117 Pillar Pod , Edge 98004 mount adapter , Mag Hytec front diff cover, SuperNova V4 LED Headlight Bulbs

9. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  10. Top Of Page | #8

Quote Originally Posted by HKBIGDADDYDIESELDAN View Post
    I would talk to Ray at Double R Diesel he is the man
    ...appeciated, but Ray is a very busy man. Been trying prior to this issue. If I could have gotten in touch with him to buy the RaceMe, I wouldn't even be in this position. This really sucks because the only thing I need for this to do is clear the codes. All power is completely stock

11. Likes firemailwv liked this post
  12. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

Not sure if you've done it with the other things or not. Unplug the ODB and leave it unplugged for 20-30 minutes. For some reason that's the cycle time to power off these things totally

Take your SD card out to

Put the SD back in before plugging back in. Hook it back up and cycle the key. See if it boots up with errors or not

13. Likes HKBIGDADDYDIESELDAN liked this post
  14. Top Of Page | #10

...appreciated also. Tried that yesterday... no dice.
    I now have more downtime loss than I paid for the tuner. After owning Cummins for the past 25yrs, this is absolutely the worst experience ever... especially when the only help is across the pond, with an 8hr difference.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast