Thanks Thanks:  60
Likes Likes:  88
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: How to load your new firmware & files to your RaceMe Ultra

1. Top Of Page | #71

User Info Menu

Re: How to load your new firmware & files to your RaceMe Ultra

@OldSchoolDiesel I'm happy to help as well. I'll wait and see if @IGOTACUMMINS can get you squared away first. Let me know what I can do to help!

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

2021 3500 Mega HO DRW

2. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #72

User Info Menu

We can try and trouble shoot here also.

🏁Join us as Lifetime Platinum Member today!🏁

"The grass is greener where you water it"

4. Top Of Page | #73

User Info Menu

Well generally speaking, the "No Valid SD Card" error happens after the card becomes corrupt. Potentially, the issue lies somewhere in formatting. Need to verify if the card is still correctly named and in a FAT format.

2021 3500 Mega HO DRW

5. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  6. Top Of Page | #74

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RamIt View Post
    Well generally speaking, the "No Valid SD Card" error happens after the card becomes corrupt. Potentially, the issue lies somewhere in formatting. Need to verify if the card is still correctly named and in a FAT format.
    How do I verify the card is correctly formatted and named? Is there something specific I need to look for?

To bring you up to speed:
    The first few attempts I used a Mac to attempt to update the mini SD card that came with the unit only later to find out a Mac can't be used.

Then I attempted several times using a Windows 10 computer to FAT format (and not a quick format) and unzip the files onto the mini SD card that came with the unit. Then after reading maybe there are file fragments left over from the format, I did a 20 minute Department of Defense level format to ensure nothing was on the card and tried again.

Then I bought a new mini SD card, used yet a different computer running Windows 10 to FAT (don't remember what number was associated with the FAT) format and extract the files to the mini SD card.

Each time it looks like the files are all there - but I have no way of know what they actually are. I'm really at a loss.

I only have a Mac which apparently can't be used, so a remote access is not an option.

Honestly, if someone would put the latest update a mini SD card, plug it into their RaceMe Ultra to verify it works, and drop the card in the the mail to me I would gladly pay them for their time, postage, and the card.

7. Top Of Page | #75

User Info Menu

This is a screen shot of the files on the mini SD Card

Attached Images Attached Images

8. Top Of Page | #76

User Info Menu

This is what your sd card should have on it, and look like.

2015 Black Laramie CCSB 3500 SRW. Thuren Leveled With Fox 2.0 Shocks. Ride Rite Rear Air Bags With Wireless Airlift Onboard Air. 35" Toyos. All The Options Minus The Soot Cookers. RaceMe Ultra.

9. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  10. Top Of Page | #77

User Info Menu

Nevermind the date on the config folder as I changed that, or all the dates for that matter if yiu are doing the latest update.

2015 Black Laramie CCSB 3500 SRW. Thuren Leveled With Fox 2.0 Shocks. Ride Rite Rear Air Bags With Wireless Airlift Onboard Air. 35" Toyos. All The Options Minus The Soot Cookers. RaceMe Ultra.

11. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  12. Top Of Page | #78

User Info Menu

So basically once the updated is downloaded, you unzip those 3 folders and 2 files out of it, and place them on a clean sd card.

With a mac the unzipping part, I'm no help. With windows use 7zip.

13. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  14. Top Of Page | #79

User Info Menu

@RATLIN'HP is right. Your card should only have those files, @OldSchoolDiesel you've got way to much stuff on your card.

Also, formatting the card is what has caused 99% of all of the SD card problems on the forum. It's best to just leave it as is in the FAT32 format it ships with. The other 1% has been caused by incorrect card types. The ultra needs to have a SDHC Class 10 card or it won't work, and the card realistically should be 2GB or less in size.

And the Mac thing shouldn't matter, as long as you can download and unzip the files you're good. Getting the files to the SD card is just a copy and paste.

I'd recommend going back to the original card. Verify FAT32 format and that the card is correctly named at time of format (should be Ultra, if I'm not mistaken), then copy and paste your required files and folders to it and Eject the card before removing from the computer.

Let us know how that goes and we can assess from there!

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

2021 3500 Mega HO DRW

15. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  16. Top Of Page | #80

User Info Menu

Must have got it figured out???

17. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast