Thanks Thanks:  16
Likes Likes:  16
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Weird things going on with my RaceME Ultra.

1. Top Of Page | #11

User Info Menu

Re: Weird things going on with my RaceME Ultra.

120/1850/23/Normal (or eco) spool is the norm for these trucks (in most cases). My 2015 had issues with the 60HP setting with the rail pressure spiking coming out of snap throttle scenarios (floor it and let off real quick). Never had an issue with the 120...still running a 120HP base with WARP tuning over 30,000 miles later without so much as a hiccup.
    @easttxram Have you figured out what settings you were running?

@wjhill92 Welcome to the forum, first of all. Secondly, rail pressure is going to spike under load. Also, the box tunes aren't the cleanest out there, you're going to get smoke (more so under heavy load at low boost). My 120 box tune would smoke out an intersection if I hammered on it. Unfortunately, this is just the nature of "universal" tunes.

As you'll quickly see on the forum, WARP is the way to go. If you have the monetary ability to get custom tuning, I strongly recommend that you do. Every truck is a little different and that is why WARP is a must have. Ray at @Double R Diesel is swamped with work, but drop him a line and get in the queue for WARP tuning. It will save you a bunch of headaches.

2021 3500 Mega HO DRW

2. Top Of Page | #12

User Info Menu

@RamIt Thanks for the quick reply. I understand the spike under load but not accelerating out of low rpm. Can I assume it is just slop in the tune that is causing it to spike or should I be worried? Also, do you have an idea of VGT position at idle? My understanding was it should be around 40.

I bought my tuner from ray and would love to get Warp tuning but that will have to wait.

3. Top Of Page | #13

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by wjhill92 View Post
    @RamIt Thanks for the quick reply. I understand the spike under load but not accelerating out of low rpm. Can I assume it is just slop in the tune that is causing it to spike or should I be worried? Also, do you have an idea of VGT position at idle? My understanding was it should be around 40.

I bought my tuner from ray and would love to get Warp tuning but that will have to wait.
    Rail pressure under load is going to be determined by how hard you're laying into it. If you're at a standstill and you put your foot to the floor, you're essentially telling the PCM to deliver as much fuel as possible, right now. The rail spikes that people have issues with are when they let off the throttle, and the PCM doesn't back the fuel down so the truck sits at 800 rpm and 25K rail pressure, not a good combo; is this what you're referring to or are you implying that from an idle roll, any throttle input is maxing the rail pressure? I guess I'm not understanding what you mean by accelerating out of low RPM. As far as VGT at idle goes, most of the box tunes run the VGT almost closed at idle. I have WARP tuning so my VGT works a little different, and it's also temperature dependent. If it's cold out, it'll idle at 10-20%; if it's warm out, it'll idle at 0% or fully open.

2021 3500 Mega HO DRW

4. Top Of Page | #14

User Info Menu

I understand what you mean now about the spikes. I will continue to monitor and see what happens. I guess I am experiencing something closer to the idle roll.

Thanks!

5. Likes RamIt liked this post
  6. Top Of Page | #15

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by wjhill92 View Post
    I understand what you mean now about the spikes. I will continue to monitor and see what happens. I guess I am experiencing something closer to the idle roll.

Thanks!
    Rail pressure climbs very fast as throttle is applied. But if you're maxing the rail pressure with almost no throttle input, that is something that I would want to investigate further. If you can, safely, record a video of your readings and post it up that way we can all see exactly what is happening. Or, you can push the red datalogging button on your screen and do a pull (push to stop recording) and then upload the Excel file that the logger creates and we can read that.

Just a couple options!

Ideally, you should setup a dashboard to monitor Throttle Position, Rail Pressure, Engine Fueling Rate, and RPM and share that information.

2021 3500 Mega HO DRW

7. Top Of Page | #16

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RamIt View Post
    120/1850/23/Normal (or eco) spool is the norm for these trucks (in most cases). My 2015 had issues with the 60HP setting with the rail pressure spiking coming out of snap throttle scenarios (floor it and let off real quick). Never had an issue with the 120...still running a 120HP base with WARP tuning over 30,000 miles later without so much as a hiccup.
    @easttxram Have you figured out what settings you were running?

@wjhill92 Welcome to the forum, first of all. Secondly, rail pressure is going to spike under load. Also, the box tunes aren't the cleanest out there, you're going to get smoke (more so under heavy load at low boost). My 120 box tune would smoke out an intersection if I hammered on it. Unfortunately, this is just the nature of "universal" tunes.

As you'll quickly see on the forum, WARP is the way to go. If you have the monetary ability to get custom tuning, I strongly recommend that you do. Every truck is a little different and that is why WARP is a must have. Ray at @Double R Diesel is swamped with work, but drop him a line and get in the queue for WARP tuning. It will save you a bunch of headaches.
    Finally got around to checking my settings on mine: 120hp, 1850bar,23 degrees, VGT economy, and trans tuning. My firmware is showing the 1.01.06 version. That should probably be my first step-that firmware is , what, 3 generations out of date. And why the hell is my egt showing 3718 degrees with the truck off?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

8. Thanks RamIt thanked for this post
    Likes RamIt liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #17

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by easttxram View Post
    Finally got around to checking my settings on mine: 120hp, 1850bar,23 degrees, VGT economy, and trans tuning. My firmware is showing the 1.01.06 version. That should probably be my first step-that firmware is , what, 3 generations out of date. And why the hell is my egt showing 3718 degrees with the truck off?

You're definitely getting the snap throttle rail spikes that I was getting on the 60hp setting, I'm surprised you're seeing it on the 120hp cause that was always the setting that fixed that. I would say firmware would be a good start, as there have been a good amount of changes that have come down.

Your EGT reading is likely showing the max reading possible since there's no input when the truck is off. Or there's a bad connection. I'm not too sure as I don't have an EGT probe.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

2021 3500 Mega HO DRW

10. Top Of Page | #18

User Info Menu

You're definitely getting the snap throttle rail spikes that I was getting on the 60hp setting, I'm surprised you're seeing it on the 120hp cause that was always the setting that fixed that. I would say firmware would be a good start, as there have been a good amount of changes that have come down.

Your EGT reading is likely showing the max reading possible since there's no input when the truck is off. Or there's a bad connection. I'm not too sure as I don't have an EGT probe.

It shows an accurate reading on the egt cold junction but not on the probe so it may be where the cold junction and the egt probe leads connect. I'll have to check it tomorrow. There's an egt calibration option, but I can't find any info on calibrating the egt. Also, what version of Windows is required for doing the updates? I've got an HP laptop that's a few years old and that may be part of my problem.

11. Top Of Page | #19

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by easttxram View Post
    It shows an accurate reading on the egt cold junction but not on the probe so it may be where the cold junction and the egt probe leads connect. I'll have to check it tomorrow. There's an egt calibration option, but I can't find any info on calibrating the egt. Also, what version of Windows is required for doing the updates? I've got an HP laptop that's a few years old and that may be part of my problem.

I'm sure someone else can chime in on the egt situation, I unfortunately can't help there.

And any version of Windows will work, refer to the link in my signature on how to update the firmware. It's really straight forward.

2021 3500 Mega HO DRW

12. Likes easttxram liked this post
  13. Top Of Page | #20

User Info Menu

Rail pressure climbs very fast as throttle is applied. But if you're maxing the rail pressure with almost no throttle input, that is something that I would want to investigate further. If you can, safely, record a video of your readings and post it up that way we can all see exactly what is happening. Or, you can push the red datalogging button on your screen and do a pull (push to stop recording) and then upload the Excel file that the logger creates and we can read that.

Just a couple options!

Ideally, you should setup a dashboard to monitor Throttle Position, Rail Pressure, Engine Fueling Rate, and RPM and share that information.

Thats what that red red button does! I hit it like 100 times on my way home trying to figure out what it did LOL.

2015 3500 Cummins w/ aisin, Kore leveling kit, bilstien 5100 shocks, 35x12.5r20 duratracs, fuel kleavers, buschwacker max coverage flares, 40" curved rough country light bar in bumper, putco silver lux led headlights, air lift rear air bags wirelessONE with onboard air, carli track bar, carli lower steering stabalizer, synergy steering box brace, afe cold air intake, raceme ultra with warp tuning by double r diesel, 5" TBE flo pro, full pusher intake, fass 150.

14. Thanks RamIt thanked for this post
    Likes RamIt liked this post
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast