Thanks Thanks:  122
Likes Likes:  218
Page 13 of 23 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: It's rebuild time

1. Top Of Page | #121

User Info Menu

Re: It's rebuild time

at last the long awaited arrival of my cyl. head.download.jpgit's not finished yet but the valves are ground just a little more porting in the pockets and the exhaust ports to ensure everything flows nicely. still haven't got an updated pic of engine but tomorrow perhaps and of course pics of head work will be posted soon it is almost time to install

2. Thanks Polaraco thanked for this post
    Likes Sisupower, Polaraco liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #122

User Info Menu

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

4. Thanks dmuney thanked for this post
    Likes dmuney liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #123

User Info Menu

IMG_1154.jpgAttachment 4038Attachment 4039well as you can see it's all most that time. i've been assembling my head and starting to polish my turbo compressor housing i recently discovered it needed a rebuild so i ordered a rebuild kit and a wicked 11 blade compressor wheel to go with it i'm also porting out the wastegate passage to make it flow better with the plans of upgrades in the future. only time will tellIMG_1156.jpg

6. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS, Power247, Sisupower liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #124

User Info Menu

Ok 2 things and you may get mad at me for 1 of them first. I was a unlucky guy I was forced to redo the valve job that was done to my head due to the exhaust valve sealing surface being way to wide where the valve seated and the 2nd. I forgot to take some pics of the valve job and porting that I did. I know how dumb of me . But I had a good reason to forget because of thisimage.jpg

8. Likes TX NIGHT TRAIN, Sisupower liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #125

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by dmuney View Post
    Ok 2 things and you may get mad at me for 1 of them first. I was a unlucky guy I was forced to redo the valve job that was done to my head due to the exhaust valve sealing surface being way to wide where the valve seated and the 2nd. I forgot to take some pics of the valve job and porting that I did. I know how dumb of me . But I had a good reason to forget because of thisimage.jpg
    Well Gee Whiz! Why would I get mad about that? I forget to take pictures all the time, and the camera is right there. Seeing it sitting in the chassis is good enough. Seeing a video of tail lights will be the ultimate. I'm not as big a Pr. . . ahh stinker as some think. LOL

I'm impressed so far. . . .

S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

10. Thanks dmuney thanked for this post
    Likes dmuney, Sisupower liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #126

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Polaraco View Post
    Well Gee Whiz! Why would I get mad about that? I forget to take pictures all the time, and the camera is right there. Seeing it sitting in the chassis is good enough. Seeing a video of tail lights will be the ultimate. I'm not as big a Pr. . . ahh stinker as some think. LOL

I'm impressed so far. . . .
    f
    you'll be seeing tail lights soon And no you ain't as bad as some make it seem, your alright in my book. Engine is in but still have to install injectors, rockers, Trans cooler hoses w/ external screw on filter, intercooler, radiator, alt, and build a bracket to mount the belt driven York air compressor and lastly remount my dual remote oil filters and as always fill all fluids. And I'm preparing to do a 2nd gen manifold swap in the near future but need to replace steering box first and I'm going to attempt to finish my interior upgrades in the mean time. Another photo for viewing pleasureimage.jpgex valve left intake on the right if the stems were straight up this is what I had to redo yesterdayimage.jpgand coming here in a few minutes some nice bling shots

12. Likes Sisupower liked this post
  13. Top Of Page | #127

User Info Menu

image.jpgimage.jpgI'm thinking about making the rocker box and valve cover red instead of black sense I plan on putting that dumb black plastic cover back on the valve cover only because the oil breather is to dang ugly. Tomorrow I'll post a sexy pic of something (truck related) for everyone to enjoy

14. Likes TX NIGHT TRAIN, Sisupower liked this post
  15. Top Of Page | #128

User Info Menu

ok guys i know this rebuild has taken some time now, longer than expected, had a few hiccups but IT'S ALIVE but wait there is more. my rebuild only has about 10 seconds on it due to the fact that i must have overtighten the oil filter adapter that screws on instead of an oil filter for my dual remote filters, because it sprayed about 1 qt. of oil all over the motor & turbo. so i removed the adapter and the threads were stripped out so i installed a oil filter assuming easy solution wrong it sprayed oil out again. So I'm wondering if when i polished the oil cooler housing if maybe the oil filter sealing surface became uneven even though i was super careful not to sand or polish that area. I know I accidentally polished a tiny bit by mistake but i wouldn't have thought that it would have caused something like this. So a decent oil slick later it RUNS but still no video or driving it quite yet and still some small things left like secure trans & oil lines to frame reroute some wires and hoses to make it more organized and cleaner looking under the hood in order to be completely finished hopefully it will be done 100% sometime this weekend

Last edited by dmuney; 01-28-2017 at 04:08 AM. Reason: explained the oil filter adapter more clearly

16. Top Of Page | #129

User Info Menu

All over your brand new paint job. Bummer. Hey It happens to the best of us. At least you know you have ample oil pressure. Why not have someone else start it while you are out there looking at the spot to be sure you diagnosed it right.

Almost there. Bout time too. It's gettin cold in these bleachers.

Good Job

17. Thanks dmuney thanked for this post
    Likes dmuney liked this post
  18. Top Of Page | #130

User Info Menu

@Polaraco

cold on them bleachers i thought you were frozen to them haha the paint will survive no problem and i did have somebody fire it up so i could watch. the oil comes out in about a 3 inch wide spray and coming directly from the oil filter oring area. tomorrow ill remove the filter and see if maybe there may be a big scratch or something that may be the issue if not ill verify if the sealing surface is flat and if polished ill roughen it up with some 400 grit

Page 13 of 23 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast