Thanks Thanks:  6
Likes Likes:  7

Thread: VIN Submission for Tune

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

VIN Submission for Tune

Explain please.

In my mind 2500 Cummins are all the same why do you have to submit your VIN for a tune?

Just curious.

2. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes AK Bob liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: VIN Submission for Tune

All 2500 Cummins are not the same.

Ex. Some have a manual 6 speed G56 transmission while others have a 6 speed automatic 68RFE transmission.

Each require different tuning.

If you didn't need a VIN for a tuner, one person could potentially tune hundreds of vehicles with the same tuner.

Some tuners can tune multiple vehicles but you need to purchase a VIN license for each vehicle.

2017 RAM 2500 Big Horn sport appearance package, Auto Level Rear Suspension, MM3 "switch" Fully deleted - tuned by DRD, Fleece Cheetah, Airaid Jr. CAI, 3.5" Banks Monster intake horn, Pusher Boost Tubes, 5" TBE with a Flo~Pro Twister muffler, *** EGR disappear kit, Black Market Performance CAT fuel filter and water separator, Black Market Performance fuel heater, Black Market Performance head studs, AFE deep trans pan, Revmax trans cooler bypass, Revmax HD Valve Body, DPC Low stall converter with billet flywheel, AFE pro series rear diff cover, Amsoil throughout provided by mcsynthetics.myamsoil.com

4. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes AK Bob, IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MC250r719 View Post
    All 2500 Cummins are not the same.

Some tuners can tune multiple vehicles but you need to purchase a VIN license for each vehicle.
    I'm new to this arena, so please excuse my ignorance. If I buy a tuner (MM3) and purchase it with a vin and program on it, can I use this tuner again if I purchase a warp tune for my other truck with vin supplied, does that fulfill the 2nd vin, or is there yet another option to load on the tuner itself to make 2 vehicles capable?

Thanks

6. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NonFord View Post
    I'm new to this arena, so please excuse my ignorance. If I buy a tuner (MM3) and purchase it with a vin and program on it, can I use this tuner again if I purchase a warp tune for my other truck with vin supplied, does that fulfill the 2nd vin, or is there yet another option to load on the tuner itself to make 2 vehicles capable?

Thanks
    @MM3 Power

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2017 RAM 2500 Big Horn sport appearance package, Auto Level Rear Suspension, MM3 "switch" Fully deleted - tuned by DRD, Fleece Cheetah, Airaid Jr. CAI, 3.5" Banks Monster intake horn, Pusher Boost Tubes, 5" TBE with a Flo~Pro Twister muffler, *** EGR disappear kit, Black Market Performance CAT fuel filter and water separator, Black Market Performance fuel heater, Black Market Performance head studs, AFE deep trans pan, Revmax trans cooler bypass, Revmax HD Valve Body, DPC Low stall converter with billet flywheel, AFE pro series rear diff cover, Amsoil throughout provided by mcsynthetics.myamsoil.com

7. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NonFord View Post

Thanks
    That's a good question. I wonder if once used on the second truck, the first would be overwritten and unable to back to the first truck.

Or maybe you can have an SD card for each truck and switch back and forth?

@MM3 X2

8. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 6.7 Coal Train View Post
    That's a good question. I wonder if once used on the second truck, the first would be overwritten and unable to back to the first truck.

Or maybe you can have an SD card for each truck and switch back and forth?

@MM3 X2

Good questions!

A VIN license is required to protect us, as well as the tuning company. Otherwise, like mentioned above people would use the same device over and over, and everyone would be out of business really fast.

Every MM3 comes pre installed with one VIN license. An additional three licenses may be purchased. A total of four (4) trucks may be tuned with the regular MM3 device.

You will need to purchase tunes for each additional vehicle as well!

MM3 does notsell, nor do any tuning! We leave that to the professionals, and the DIY'ers.

If you choose to use your MM3 for more than one truck you can go back and forth as you wish with the monitor, or simply load the tune on trucks 1-3 and keep the monitor on the 4th.

All other features, such as TPMS, Tire size, DTC read&clearing ,etc... will work on every truck that the MM3 is VIN locked to.

If you want to use the same SD card you can do so, or if you want to use multiple sd cards you may do so as well.

I hope this helps answer your questions, if you have any more please let us know.

Thanks!

9. Thanks 6.7 Coal Train, TH-64, AK Bob, Mdavlee thanked for this post
    Likes TH-64, AK Bob, Mdavlee liked this post
  10. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MM3 Power View Post
    Good questions!

A VIN license is required to protect us, as well as the tuning company. Otherwise, like mentioned above people would use the same device over and over, and everyone would be out of business really fast.

Every MM3 comes pre installed with one VIN license. An additional three licenses may be purchased. A total of four (4) trucks may be tuned with the regular MM3 device.

You will need to purchase tunes for each additional vehicle as well!

MM3 does notsell, nor do any tuning! We leave that to the professionals, and the DIY'ers.

If you choose to use your MM3 for more than one truck you can go back and forth as you wish with the monitor, or simply load the tune on trucks 1-3 and keep the monitor on the 4th.

All other features, such as TPMS, Tire size, DTC read&clearing ,etc... will work on every truck that the MM3 is VIN locked to.

If you want to use the same SD card you can do so, or if you want to use multiple sd cards you may do so as well.

I hope this helps answer your questions, if you have any more please let us know.

Thanks!

11. Likes Mdavlee liked this post