Thanks Thanks:  9
Likes Likes:  9
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Unknown problem

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Unknown problem

Drove the truck yesterday for about 300 miles round trip. No problems. Today I started it and moved about thirty feet to was it and let it run while doing it. After washing, I moved it back into its spot and rolled the windows down and shut it off. A few hrs later, I put key in and turned it to on to put windows up and nothing happened, I tried to start it and it did nothing also mm3 would not power up and display in the dash is black. Disconnected the batteries for an hour and still the same thing. Batteries are both at 12.30. Help?

2014 2500 CC Bright White 4x4 68RFE 3.42
    MM3 by DRD 4" TBE,
    Air lift 5000 Ultimate by DDP
    16K Super Glide 5er hitch

2. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Unknown problem

Is the connection for the mm3 in the obd port tight? I know sometimes some people bump it and strange things happen.

Matthew 6:9-13, 2 Corinthians 5:20
    See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email us at:
    sales@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

3. Thanks Elliss thanked for this post
  4. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

No power from batteries at all?

2016 3500 Laramie Mega DRW Aisin 3.73

5. Thanks Elliss thanked for this post
  6. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

[QUOTE=Elliss;137188]Drove the truck yesterday for about 300 miles round trip. No problems. Today I started it and moved about thirty feet to was it and let it run while doing it. After washing, I moved it back into its spot and rolled the windows down and shut it off. A few hrs later, I put key in and turned it to on to put windows up and nothing happened, I tried to start it and it did nothing also mm3 would not power up and display in the dash is black. Disconnected the batteries for an hour and still the same thing. Batteries are

Not sure what kinda key you have but is the key battery dead? Gotta love some ghost issues LOL.

2016 2500 slt. 4x4. 20x10 moto metal 970s on 305-55-20. Fully deleted with mm3. 5 inch tbe.

7. Thanks Elliss thanked for this post
  8. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

The tach and speedo gauge light up, blank screen on the evic. Things that work on battery such as lights, door locks emergency flashers all work. Key on items such as wipers, radio, heater, power port do not work at all with key on. Key fobs work door locks and panic. Batteries disconnected overnight and no discharge, still at 12.30.

2014 2500 CC Bright White 4x4 68RFE 3.42
    MM3 by DRD 4" TBE,
    Air lift 5000 Ultimate by DDP
    16K Super Glide 5er hitch

9. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Elliss View Post
    The tach and speedo gauge light up, blank screen on the evic. Things that work on battery such as lights, door locks emergency flashers all work. Key on items such as wipers, radio, heater, power port do not work at all with key on. Key fobs work door locks and panic. Batteries disconnected overnight and no discharge, still at 12.30.
    have you checked any fuses yet?

2013 Ram 2500
    John 3:16 - Philippians 4:13

See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email me at:
    mike@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

10. Thanks Elliss thanked for this post
  11. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

Is that 12.30 volts the surface charge or with load?
    I've seen batteries have decent surface charge but drop out once any load is introduced like turning the key on.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

2018 Ram 2500 Granite Crystal Laramie Sport 4x4 CCSB
    Thuren 2.75 front with Fox RR/ 1.0 rear with .75 spacer and King 2.0/ Thuren frt/Rear track bars
    American Racing ATX AX202 18x9 5"bs 35X12.5 Nitto Ridge Grapplers
    ARE Camper Top

12. Thanks Elliss thanked for this post
  13. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

Are the batteries original?

14. Thanks Elliss thanked for this post
  15. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Elliss View Post
    Seams to me like these trucks once the voltage hits a certain threshold instead of turning over slow they just wont turn ovee at all. Ive had to jump my truck off like 4 times this winter anything under 20 degrees its dead LOL. I assume youve tried to jump it off?

2016 2500 slt. 4x4. 20x10 moto metal 970s on 305-55-20. Fully deleted with mm3. 5 inch tbe.

16. Thanks Elliss thanked for this post
  17. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

Yes and its really annoying

18. Likes GraveyBoat, Dwelsh, Elliss liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast