Thanks Thanks:  8
Likes Likes:  22
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rear air bags

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Rear air bags

I have a 15 2500 with rear coil springs. Just bought a new toy hauler 5th wheel and it weighs in loaded at 15k. Looking to level out the rear end of the truck with air bags. Anyone else running them and what brand? Pros/cons

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Rear air bags

I have Air-Lift 5000's on my 2013 with leaf springs. Easy to install and they don't beat the snot out of you like overloads, when you are empty.

2013 Ram 2500 Big Horn 4x4 G56 CCLB 6.7, MM3 Tuned by Double R Diesel, Flo-Pro 4" Exhaust, Deviant Race Parts Goodies, ARP Head Studs, South Bend Clutch, 3" Thuren Front Springs w/Fox Shocks All-Around, Hell-Bent Steel Steering Box Brace, Thuren Track Bar, Air-Lift 5000, Deviant Race Parts 70" Traction Bars, Falken Wild-Peak AT3W LT285/75R18 (34.8x11.3x18) on Moto Metal MO970 18x9 +18mm

3. Thanks kflynn318 thanked for this post
    Likes 4kids2dogs&RV, kflynn318 liked this post
  4. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Air lift are definitely a fantastic brand. If you wanted to use air bag cradles you can go with the firestone bags with the daystar cradles. There is also a timbren option as well which is a nice alternative to air bags.

Matthew 6:9-13, 2 Corinthians 5:20
    See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email us at:
    sales@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

5. Thanks 4kids2dogs&RV, kflynn318 thanked for this post
    Likes kflynn318, walla2k5, Elliss liked this post
  6. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

I agree with both comments above. I have air lift on my 2012 2500. Paired it with the air lift wireless one compressor..... SUPER sweet set up. We have a 27 foot bumper pull camper.... zero squat in the rear with the bags installed.

2012 Dodge 2500 6 inch suspension lift 4 inch body lift sitting on 41's DPF delete Straight pipe turbo back twin stacks road armour front and rear bumpers mini max tuner...tuned by DOUBLE R DIESEL

7. Thanks kflynn318 thanked for this post
    Likes kflynn318, 4kids2dogs&RV, walla2k5 liked this post
  8. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

I am running airlift air bags 57595 the 7500 lbs limit

2012 Cummins Ram 6.7L MM3 tuner full 5" Flo Pro TBE Exhaust LWBCC 4x4 Mag Hytec Double Deep Transmission Pan , Mag Hytec Rear Diff Cover
    Airlift part # 57595 7500lbs airbags ,Nitto Ridge Grapplers 35/12.50/20 on XD 829 Big Hoss ll Satin Black Machined Dark Tint 20 x 9 with + 18 offset rims,MM3 Tuner With full Custom Tunes by Ray at DRD , Autometer A13117 Pillar Pod , Edge 98004 mount adapter , Mag Hytec front diff cover, SuperNova V4 LED Headlight Bulbs

9. Thanks kflynn318 thanked for this post
    Likes kflynn318, 4kids2dogs&RV liked this post
  10. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by HKBIGDADDYDIESELDAN View Post
    I am running airlift air bags 57595 the 7500 lbs limit
    Hope you're running some F rated tires with those big bags.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2011 2500 Laramie CCSB 4x4, 6.7L Cummins, 68RFE

11. Likes walla2k5 liked this post
  12. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 4kids2dogs&RV View Post
    Hope you're running some F rated tires with those big bags.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Good point. I was thinking about that, It depends on the pin weight. He might be OK with e's.

Put a compressor on board too. I think Dudes has a air kit for them or the Air Lift will come with a compressor.

I'm running Air Lift on my 03 with leaves.

Since you have coils, consider a heavy duty sway bar like a Helwig, Ask Clayton

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

13. Thanks david3gen thanked for this post
  14. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MRMAYHEM View Post
    I agree with both comments above. I have air lift on my 2012 2500. Paired it with the air lift wireless one compressor..... SUPER sweet set up.... zero squat in the rear with the bags installed.

I have the same setup and love it. When it gets colder than about 0 degrees F, my auto pressure adjust feature turns on like normal, but the air compressor doesn't seem to appreciate the frigid air. The wireless controller has given a couple "I quit" kind of messages when it's that cold, but it figures it out and it hasn't been a big deal. Overall, love it.

2014 Laramie 2500 CCSB - DRD MM3 Tuning, H&S SX-E 66mm Turbo Kit (DRD Giveaway #2), RevMax VB, Goerend Low Stall Converter & Billet Input Shaft, CA625 Head Studs, Custom Offsets MKW M95 Wheels, Nitto 11.5x35-R20 Ridge Grapplers, Carbon Fiber Vinyl Wrapped Rockers, Wrapped Bumpers & Grille, Thuren Springs & Swaybar, Phantom Sun Light Bar, Westin Rear Booster Pods, Retroshop HIDs & Fogs & Backup LEDs, Wireless Air Lift 5000, Flo-Pro 4" SST Exhaust, FTEDiesel 30" resonator, AMP Bed Step, Rebadged, Truxport Tonneau, Undercoated, Alpine Sub & Amp, and more. Matt 22:37, Proverbs 16:24

15. Likes 4kids2dogs&RV, walla2k5 liked this post
  16. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Polaraco View Post
    Good point. I was thinking about that, It depends on the pin weight. He might be OK with e's.

Put a compressor on board too. I think Dudes has a air kit for them or the Air Lift will come with a compressor.

I'm running Air Lift on my 03 with leaves.

Since you have coils, consider a heavy duty sway bar like a Helwig, Ask Clayton
    Good point on the sway bar.

2013 Ram 2500 Big Horn 4x4 G56 CCLB 6.7, MM3 Tuned by Double R Diesel, Flo-Pro 4" Exhaust, Deviant Race Parts Goodies, ARP Head Studs, South Bend Clutch, 3" Thuren Front Springs w/Fox Shocks All-Around, Hell-Bent Steel Steering Box Brace, Thuren Track Bar, Air-Lift 5000, Deviant Race Parts 70" Traction Bars, Falken Wild-Peak AT3W LT285/75R18 (34.8x11.3x18) on Moto Metal MO970 18x9 +18mm

17. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dude's Diesel Performance View Post
    Air lift are definitely a fantastic brand. If you wanted to use air bag cradles you can go with the firestone bags with the daystar cradles. There is also a timbren option as well which is a nice alternative to air bags.
    I went with timbrens on mine and it serves my needs with no maintenance. My 5er is less than 12K loaded and the only time I notice a change in the ride or handling is when I'm on the interstate and go across an uneven bridge span( where the road meets the bridge) and it gives a little bounce but nothing that creates a problem. All in all a great product with zero worries.

2014 2500 CC Bright White 4x4 68RFE 3.42
    MM3 by DRD 4" TBE,
    Air lift 5000 Ultimate by DDP
    16K Super Glide 5er hitch

18. Likes walla2k5 liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast