Thanks Thanks:  4
Likes Likes:  49
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Sway bar end links

1. Top Of Page | #21

User Info Menu

Re: Sway bar end links

Quote Originally Posted by kooler1 View Post
    Haha it's all good. Not sure as I've only had the truck for 3 weeks. Still figuring out the new stuff. I've been a Chevy guy. Independent suspension and all. Which sucks. Hahah.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Any luck finding new links?

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

2013 Ram 2500 Big Horn 4x4 G56 CCLB 6.7, MM3 Tuned by Double R Diesel, Flo-Pro 4" Exhaust, Deviant Race Parts Goodies, ARP Head Studs, South Bend Clutch, 3" Thuren Front Springs w/Fox Shocks All-Around, Hell-Bent Steel Steering Box Brace, Thuren Track Bar, Air-Lift 5000, Deviant Race Parts 70" Traction Bars, Falken Wild-Peak AT3W LT285/75R18 (34.8x11.3x18) on Moto Metal MO970 18x9 +18mm

2. Likes david3gen liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #22
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by walla2k5 View Post

Woodys internet is down. So I'm waiting. But I'm holding for a hr or so then I'll dig deeper

4. Top Of Page | #23
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Guess I'll be going to central 4 in Portland. They can get stuff faster. I was hoping woodys would beat them. Was excited to go in there. Oh well. And it will only cost me $170 installed. With the drop down brackets for the sway bar.

5. Top Of Page | #24

User Info Menu

Guess I'll be going to central 4 in Portland. They can get stuff faster. I was hoping woodys would beat them. Was excited to go in there. Oh well. And it will only cost me $170 installed. With the drop down brackets for the sway bar.

I'd give the bill to the mechanic that took them off. Glad they're getting you going.

2013 Ram 2500 Big Horn 4x4 G56 CCLB 6.7, MM3 Tuned by Double R Diesel, Flo-Pro 4" Exhaust, Deviant Race Parts Goodies, ARP Head Studs, South Bend Clutch, 3" Thuren Front Springs w/Fox Shocks All-Around, Hell-Bent Steel Steering Box Brace, Thuren Track Bar, Air-Lift 5000, Deviant Race Parts 70" Traction Bars, Falken Wild-Peak AT3W LT285/75R18 (34.8x11.3x18) on Moto Metal MO970 18x9 +18mm

6. Top Of Page | #25
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

I'd give the bill to the mechanic that took them off. Glad they're getting you going.

Ya I'm going to have a conversation with him bout that. He's supposed to know better. I don't. Rather I didn't. Until now haha

7. Likes walla2k5 liked this post
  8. Top Of Page | #26
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Never ever go to central 4wp in Portland. Complete morons. Guy said he would have end links in. He ordered the bushing kit. Does me no good. So the other guy looks for them. Brings out a set. Says he has some. Opens a box and these things are 18" long. I'm like wtf are those. Will not work. He just fumbled around lost. Not sure how these guys are even in business. Soooo I'll be making the drive home in hopes of nothing breaking. That should be fun!

9. Likes walla2k5 liked this post
  10. Top Of Page | #27

User Info Menu

Never ever go to central 4wp in Portland. Complete morons. Guy said he would have end links in. He ordered the bushing kit. Does me no good. So the other guy looks for them. Brings out a set. Says he has some. Opens a box and these things are 18" long. I'm like wtf are those. Will not work. He just fumbled around lost. Not sure how these guys are even in business. Soooo I'll be making the drive home in hopes of nothing breaking. That should be fun!

Nutz! That really sucks.

11. Top Of Page | #28

User Info Menu

Geez. I hate idiots. Hope you make it safe bud.

Greg
    2012 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | Custom tuned by Double R Diesel
    2016 | Heartland Pioneer | DS310

Greg
    2019 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | 6.4 HEMI

12. Likes walla2k5 liked this post
  13. Top Of Page | #29
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

The sway bar had the drop down brackets but my mechanic said I didn't need them and he took them off. .

Here's the problem. On a 6 inch, we usually use a sway bar drop forward and a longer end link.

14. Likes walla2k5 liked this post
  15. Top Of Page | #30
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Rhinopkc View Post
    Here's the problem. On a 6 inch, we usually use a sway bar drop forward and a longer end link.
    What do you mean drop forward? The end link on there is like 5" long. 7" total from top to bottom I believe. I agreed with him for 2 reasons. One is he's the mechanic LOL. 2 being that the angles looked really off. But once I put the brackets back on and the new end links. I'll see how they sit. I almost ordered the torsion sway bar from carli but I have my doubts about it due to the weight of the truck. But I could be wrong.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast