Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  6
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Winch Installation

1. Top Of Page | #11

User Info Menu

Re: Winch Installation

Here are some pics of the final product with por15. Well the front hitch that is. I then put on 2 coats of bed liner to the front to protect the por15 from FL sunlight. Its as low as the transfer case. Not bad though with my bigger tires.

I took piano wire leader from my tackle box and made a bolt fishing wire. There are larger holes near the smaller ones that you can fish the bolts through, add a grade 8 black bolt, add a washer and nut and when it spins add a lock nut in to the tip ----, tighten the first nut a Little more using the lock nut so the bolt won't spin, tighten the lock nut down as voila! You can put pressure up or down on the side of the bolt where it goes through the frame an hitch to keep it from spinning, or Just buy a bolt kit with square washers that keep the bolt from spinning inside the frame.

Sent from my phone using Tapatalk

2012 2500 ST w/ manmual 4x4 from the auction w 16k miles - Upgrades so far - Leather, LED bed lights, HID projectors, Nav = Appradio3 w ARU unchained reloaded full touch screencast & tailgate handle backup camera, homemade front hitch and reciever w 12k lb winch, reverse lights, soft open tailgate, transfercase linkage mod, Ultra and deletes, folding back seat mod, Kicker hideaway under drivers seat, Fumoto valve and safety clip, new warrantied turbo at 16k. Rocker Aux panel switches, Ford fold away bed extender, inverter outlet mod, soon an overhead console. Pulling a 2001 Prokat 2200WA around on my days off.

2. Top Of Page | #12

User Info Menu

Fishing trips and birthdays etc keep delaying this.

I was trying to figure out a way to hide the winch. I would need a spot for the spare but it could mount like this guy did if I moved the spare. Then just pull it out when heading off road. It sure would be heavy to load that 12k lb winch, with mount bracket under the truck.

A thread about the 1500 hidden winch install. I wish we had enough room.
    http://www.ramforum.com/f75/how_inst...n_winch-48172/

Wiring a winch into the truck

F1 & F2 feed the winch in and out
    A is ground
    Ve is positive

How to wire in an Amazon wireless winch remote.

Sent from my Studio XL 2 using Tapatalk

2012 2500 ST w/ manmual 4x4 from the auction w 16k miles - Upgrades so far - Leather, LED bed lights, HID projectors, Nav = Appradio3 w ARU unchained reloaded full touch screencast & tailgate handle backup camera, homemade front hitch and reciever w 12k lb winch, reverse lights, soft open tailgate, transfercase linkage mod, Ultra and deletes, folding back seat mod, Kicker hideaway under drivers seat, Fumoto valve and safety clip, new warrantied turbo at 16k. Rocker Aux panel switches, Ford fold away bed extender, inverter outlet mod, soon an overhead console. Pulling a 2001 Prokat 2200WA around on my days off.

3. Top Of Page | #13

User Info Menu

Pics of nearing completion. Have to get a 5/8" drill bit today. The winch was a present. I'm going to work on wiring when it cools down tonight.

Some thoughts:
    For the fairlead, I'm 50/50 on just bolting a welded up angle Iron support bracket underneath using the front mounting bolts vs welding it on. Prob shouldn't be lazy and should just weld it. Any opinions?

I guess if the bracket torqes weird some day from all the pressure placed on the fairlead, I could always unbolt it in a pinch. Also I'm not sure if I should have the roller face inside or outside. If I change to braided line w a new non-roller fairlead it would be best to have the rollers facing out now so the braided fairlead doesn't look weird sticking out 2 more inches since the inward facing rollers would be gone.

Sent from my Studio XL 2 using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

4. Top Of Page | #14

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Stewbuntu View Post
    Pics of nearing completion. Have to get a 5/8" drill bit today. The winch was a present. I'm going to work on wiring when it cools down tonight.

Some thoughts:
    For the fairlead, I'm 50/50 on just bolting a welded up angle Iron support bracket underneath using the front mounting bolts vs welding it on. Prob shouldn't be lazy and should just weld it. Any opinions?

I guess if the bracket torqes weird some day from all the pressure placed on the fairlead, I could always unbolt it in a pinch. Also I'm not sure if I should have the roller face inside or outside. If I change to braided line w a new non-roller fairlead it would be best to have the rollers facing out now so the braided fairlead doesn't look weird sticking out 2 more inches since the inward facing rollers would be gone.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...22eeedcbc4.jpg

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...e56de34ec2.jpg

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...1c69c54c44.jpg

Sent from my Studio XL 2 using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]
    Looks like a nice install job well done

2012 Cummins Ram 6.7L MM3 tuner full 5" Flo Pro TBE Exhaust LWBCC 4x4 Mag Hytec Double Deep Transmission Pan , Mag Hytec Rear Diff Cover
    Airlift part # 57595 7500lbs airbags ,Nitto Ridge Grapplers 35/12.50/20 on XD 829 Big Hoss ll Satin Black Machined Dark Tint 20 x 9 with + 18 offset rims,MM3 Tuner With full Custom Tunes by Ray at DRD , Autometer A13117 Pillar Pod , Edge 98004 mount adapter , Mag Hytec front diff cover, SuperNova V4 LED Headlight Bulbs

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12