Thanks Thanks:  18
Likes Likes:  67
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Public service announcement

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Public service announcement

Do not buy an adjustable track bar from Heavy Metal Suspensions. This is all that's left of the frame bushing that nearly caused a crash yesterday. 70mph and the death wobble took over sending me into a ditch, when this cheap imitation disintegrated. No one was hurt, except my pockets, $500 tow bill for the 125 mile ride. And the initial $200 purchase. I've messaged Dude's to purchase a replacement.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

2013 Ram 2500 Big Horn 4x4 G56 CCLB 6.7, MM3 Tuned by Double R Diesel, Flo-Pro 4" Exhaust, Deviant Race Parts Goodies, ARP Head Studs, South Bend Clutch, 3" Thuren Front Springs w/Fox Shocks All-Around, Hell-Bent Steel Steering Box Brace, Thuren Track Bar, Air-Lift 5000, Deviant Race Parts 70" Traction Bars, Falken Wild-Peak AT3W LT285/75R18 (34.8x11.3x18) on Moto Metal MO970 18x9 +18mm

2. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Public service announcement

Yikes! Glad your OK!

*Get exclusive benefits by signing up as Lifetime Platinum Member today*

"The grass is greener where you water it"

3. Thanks walla2k5 thanked for this post
  4. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by walla2k5 View Post
    Do not buy an adjustable track bar from Heavy Metal Suspensions. This is all that's left of the frame bushing that nearly caused a crash yesterday. 70mph and the death wobble took over sending me into a ditch, when this cheap imitation disintegrated. No one was hurt, except my pockets, $500 tow bill for the 125 mile ride. And the initial $200 purchase. I've messaged Dude's to purchase a replacement. https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...f8ca901485.jpg

Man that stinks! Glad everyone is OK

Greg
    2012 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | Custom tuned by Double R Diesel
    2016 | Heartland Pioneer | DS310

Greg
    2019 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | 6.4 HEMI

5. Top Of Page | #4
    Old... But Still Here! AnOldBiker's Avatar

User Info Menu

Glad no one was hurt ..

Heck of a way to learn 'bout bad products ..

Jim

2006 ~ 2500HD, Big Horn Edition, 5.9, 4x4, Q/Cab, 48RE, L/B, 3.73, S&B CAI & Snout, ProFlo 5" S/S exhaust, Smarty Touch, Oil ByPass Kit, 60 gal main tank, 110 gallon in-bed tank, XX-Fuel Filter System, Coolant Bypass Kit, Mag-Hytec front & rear end covers and trans pan, 285 x 70 x 17

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children’s children what it was once like in the United States, where men 'were' free." ~ Ronald Regan

6. Thanks walla2k5 thanked for this post
  7. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

whew... man i'm glad you and your family are ok.... that is definitely no joke when it comes to stuff like this... thank you for the info and we are thankful that you and your family are fine!

^^^Agreed with @AnOldBiker it definitely is not the best way to learn about them but we are thankful you were willing to share it with us and show us!

Matthew 6:9-13, 2 Corinthians 5:20
    See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email us at:
    sales@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

8. Thanks walla2k5 thanked for this post
  9. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

Glad you are ok.

2017 2500 Black Larime CCSB | AFE CAI |
    4" Straight pipes |MM3 tuned by Double R Diesel

2017 Ram 2500 CCSB | AFE CAI | 4" Straight Pipe | MM3 Tuned by Anarchy

10. Thanks walla2k5 thanked for this post
    Likes walla2k5, Snow Dodge, cumminsbadgirl liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

Woah, not good. Begs the question how do you tell whether or not you've got a legitimate replacement part or something with less integrity? Glad your ok.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Eric
    2013 / 3500 Tradesman / 6.7L / G56 / CCLB / SWD

12. Thanks walla2k5 thanked for this post
    Likes walla2k5, david3gen, cumminsbadgirl liked this post
  13. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by cosmicIPA View Post
    Woah, not good. Begs the question how do you tell whether or not you've got a legitimate replacement part or something with less integrity? Glad your ok.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    I'm not going to spare any expense, but only from well known manufactures.

2013 Ram 2500 Big Horn 4x4 G56 CCLB 6.7, MM3 Tuned by Double R Diesel, Flo-Pro 4" Exhaust, Deviant Race Parts Goodies, ARP Head Studs, South Bend Clutch, 3" Thuren Front Springs w/Fox Shocks All-Around, Hell-Bent Steel Steering Box Brace, Thuren Track Bar, Air-Lift 5000, Deviant Race Parts 70" Traction Bars, Falken Wild-Peak AT3W LT285/75R18 (34.8x11.3x18) on Moto Metal MO970 18x9 +18mm

14. Likes david3gen, cumminsbadgirl liked this post
  15. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

Glad no one got hurt. Cheap is'nt always the best way. I think i will be more careful now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2006 dodge ram 2500 laramie crew cab 5.9 cummins. 10x20 et-24 fuel offroad with 275.60r20 tires. bully dog gt tuner. 48re ATS built tranny triple disc converter ATS oilpan and transgo quick shifter. 4" turbo back exhaust. brembo discs and pads

16. Likes walla2k5, Snow Dodge, cumminsbadgirl liked this post
  17. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

Thanks for the heads up. Glad y'all are ok.

2016 2500 6.7
    2" Level Kit
    Medicated by DRD

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast