2. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #12
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Re: Never owned a diesel

Quote Originally Posted by Polaraco View Post
    Welcome

It's mostly oil and filters. The technology is allot finer than a gasser, but they will last a long time. Keep up on the body and chassis and you'll easily get 300K out of it. If you get a 6.7, it's very smart to do the deletes. Typically they get better MPG and are more versatile than gas. Basically, follow the rules for the diesel and they'll never let you down.

What state are you in?
    California

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

4. Likes Snow Dodge liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #13

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by wally9 View Post
    California

California is worse than Jersey

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

6. Likes Snow Dodge, cumminsbadgirl, TJB liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #14
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Polaraco View Post
    California is worse than Jersey
    It is probably the most regulated state in the US.

Sent from my HUAWEI MT7-TL10 using Tapatalk

8. Likes cumminsbadgirl liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #15

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by HKBIGDADDYDIESELDAN View Post
    Your buddies are right once you get a Cummins that is all you will ever want to own or drive again
    Do you really need a Cummins they are expensive especially if you are buying a new one like the 6.7 Cummins you have to buy a tuner and delete or tune out all the BS pollution control crapola in order to get the new modern Cummins to run like it should ! So after you buy a $ 60,000 plus Cummins you are looking at another $ 2000.00 to $ 3000.00 for tuning and deleting
    Cummins gets in your blood it's like a drug as far as dependability you can't beat the Cummins especially if you delete and get a tuner they are very reliable and you will have lot less or no problems if you delete them
    Oil changes will cost you more then a gas engine so will fuel Filters and cooling system all the upkeep will be a lot more you can save quite a bit of money if you know how to wrench yourself and do your own maintenance
    I picked up what you threw down.

2014 RAM 2500 TRADESMAN "SMOKED A BIT TURBO LIT AND THAT WAS IT"

10. Likes david3gen, cumminsbadgirl liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #16

User Info Menu

I am considering switching my vehicle and getting a diesel. I never owned a diesel before, but my buddies who own Cummings diesels love them and will never go back to a gasoline engine. How do diesels drive compared to gasoline? How is their maintenance? I know they last a very long time, but are they a headache to keep on the road? How is the quality of our diesel fuels? In the old days, diesels were messy and were notorious for leaking. How are modern diesels nowadays? Any guidance is very much appreciated.

I had a gas powerd dodgeram before i got the cummins. And i will NEVER go back

12. Likes cumminsbadgirl liked this post
  13. Top Of Page | #17

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by HKBIGDADDYDIESELDAN View Post
    Your buddies are right once you get a Cummins that is all you will ever want to own or drive again
    Do you really need a Cummins they are expensive especially if you are buying a new one like the 6.7 Cummins you have to buy a tuner and delete or tune out all the BS pollution control crapola in order to get the new modern Cummins to run like it should ! So after you buy a $ 60,000 plus Cummins you are looking at another $ 2000.00 to $ 3000.00 for tuning and deleting
    Cummins gets in your blood it's like a drug as far as dependability you can't beat the Cummins especially if you delete and get a tuner they are very reliable and you will have lot less or no problems if you delete them
    Oil changes will cost you more then a gas engine so will fuel Filters and cooling system all the upkeep will be a lot more you can save quite a bit of money if you know how to wrench yourself and do your own maintenance
    You said it. It's like a drug??

14. Likes cumminsbadgirl liked this post
  15. Top Of Page | #18

User Info Menu

It is probably the most regulated state in the US.

Sent from my HUAWEI MT7-TL10 using Tapatalk
    Welcome @wally9. I believe @Double R Diesel offers EGR less tuning, for those who need to keep their emissions intact.

2013 Ram 2500 Big Horn 4x4 G56 CCLB 6.7, MM3 Tuned by Double R Diesel, Flo-Pro 4" Exhaust, Deviant Race Parts Goodies, ARP Head Studs, South Bend Clutch, 3" Thuren Front Springs w/Fox Shocks All-Around, Hell-Bent Steel Steering Box Brace, Thuren Track Bar, Air-Lift 5000, Deviant Race Parts 70" Traction Bars, Falken Wild-Peak AT3W LT285/75R18 (34.8x11.3x18) on Moto Metal MO970 18x9 +18mm

16. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS, cumminsbadgirl liked this post
  17. Top Of Page | #19

User Info Menu

Yeah that's why I moved out of California and back to Minnesota LOL

18. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  19. Top Of Page | #20

User Info Menu

Commiefornia nice place to visit no way in Hell will I ever live there again to much BS Regulations and Rules and way to many dumb *** shithead liberals

2012 Cummins Ram 6.7L MM3 tuner full 5" Flo Pro TBE Exhaust LWBCC 4x4 Mag Hytec Double Deep Transmission Pan , Mag Hytec Rear Diff Cover
    Airlift part # 57595 7500lbs airbags ,Nitto Ridge Grapplers 35/12.50/20 on XD 829 Big Hoss ll Satin Black Machined Dark Tint 20 x 9 with + 18 offset rims,MM3 Tuner With full Custom Tunes by Ray at DRD , Autometer A13117 Pillar Pod , Edge 98004 mount adapter , Mag Hytec front diff cover, SuperNova V4 LED Headlight Bulbs

20. Likes walla2k5 liked this post
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast