Thanks Thanks:  11
Likes Likes:  45
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Diesel drivers who are “rolling coal” in Colorado: Tune up or pay up!

1. Top Of Page | #11

User Info Menu

Re: Diesel drivers who are “rolling coal” in Colorado: Tune up or pay up!

Quote Originally Posted by AnOldBiker View Post
    Sorry @Power247 but even if you don't move there, yet drive through Colorado, and your truck puffs for any reason, you can get ticketed. They have "THE POWER" !!

But what bothers me is when they start making laws, then correct the law, then add to that law or add another law and so on.
    Once a law is made, 'IF' you ever get hit by that law, you're in their system ... it never ends and they never let up.
    The only way out is die ... but you're in their records archives ... forever.
    You make a very good point! While I can never see me and the family moving to CO the fact that they could apply to all trucks in thier state, even passing through is where things get tough for the rest of us.

I still think they should have to prove that my tuning and aftermarket parts were installed specifically for smoking out the general public and not performance and efficiency gains.

Greg
    2012 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | Custom tuned by Double R Diesel
    2016 | Heartland Pioneer | DS310

Greg
    2019 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | 6.4 HEMI

2. Likes Snow Dodge, watersupply189 liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #12
    Old... But Still Here! AnOldBiker's Avatar

User Info Menu

I agree.
    They need to kill the bill.

Jim

2006 ~ 2500HD, Big Horn Edition, 5.9, 4x4, Q/Cab, 48RE, L/B, 3.73, S&B CAI & Snout, ProFlo 5" S/S exhaust, Smarty Touch, Oil ByPass Kit, 60 gal main tank, 110 gallon in-bed tank, XX-Fuel Filter System, Coolant Bypass Kit, Mag-Hytec front & rear end covers and trans pan, 285 x 70 x 17

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children’s children what it was once like in the United States, where men 'were' free." ~ Ronald Regan

4. Thanks Power247 thanked for this post
    Likes Snow Dodge, watersupply189, Power247 liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #13

User Info Menu

At least in the OP photo the truck is dangling his "truck nuts"

That makes it legit

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS, Power247 liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #14

User Info Menu

Just like most laws that are passed, it is a reaction to a few idiots who ruin it for the rest of us. I like a little smoke when I get on it and Ray's @Double R Diesel tunes are great for that, nice good clean power. Don't get me wrong I like a good video of Hillary Clinton supporters getting smoked, laugh every time, but it is wrong and ends up hurting the whole community.

8. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  9. Top Of Page | #15

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by AnOldBiker View Post
    Intentional roaling coal I believe is wrong. Besides the sooting of people and property is inconsiderate. But under some circumstances a truck will smoke some because of the power needed for the task. I can't say I never rolled coal, but I try not to.

I worry about passing laws against this. People should grow up and act properly. But when laws are passed, they can also be abused. When this happens, it just the opposite of the original idiot who wants to smoke some protester, prius car owner and such. AND once a law is passed, it is almost impossible to recend or not increase cost in the future by some government group that has a distaste of it. Between a rock and a hard place.

The problem is the idiot who wants to stay a child when they are adults.
    I agree. But it can be difficult. A 5.9 cummins will never be completely smokefree.

10. Likes Snow Dodge liked this post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12