Thanks Thanks:  4
Likes Likes:  2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Hello Everyone! Newbie from NJ searching for my first Cummins!

1. Top Of Page | #11

User Info Menu

on my way steve

In pursuit of more power in which the wallet will allow mods to date. Edge Evolution, Banks Air Filter, 5" cat back Banks Monster exhaust, Billet built auto trans Triple disc TC, Derale trans cooler, Sinister coolant filter,5" aluminum drive shafts
    Gary

http://igotacummins.com/vbrides.php?...3#.VT-wuiFVhBc

2. Top Of Page | #12

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by F350Cummins View Post
    Steve, if ya need a hand ask. I don't have a plow anymore, but can offer a hand.
    2 Things

I don't need anyone standing here clapping while i kill myself

You have so much hot air, you could melt it away in minutes.

Set yourself up. Gotta remember who your talking too. LOL

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

3. Top Of Page | #13

User Info Menu

Hi guys, thanks for the responses. Don't laugh but looking for quad cab long bed 4x4 srw 2500 or 3500 and trying to keep budget around $10k which limited my choices to higher mileage trucks.
    Took a flyer on an Ebay truck this morning and actually won it. 2003 Quad Cab 2500 4x4 SLT long bed cummins, 290k miles, looked very clean and taken care of in pics, had many service records.
    Got it for $8700- hope I'm not disappointed!

Attached Images Attached Images
    • File Type: jpg 2.jpg (418.2 KB, 15 views)

4. Top Of Page | #14

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mkam383 View Post
    Hi guys, thanks for the responses. Don't laugh but looking for quad cab long bed 4x4 srw 2500 or 3500 and trying to keep budget around $10k which limited my choices to higher mileage trucks.
    Took a flyer on an Ebay truck this morning and actually won it. 2003 Quad Cab 2500 4x4 SLT long bed cummins, 290k miles, looked very clean and taken care of in pics, had many service records.
    Got it for $8700- hope I'm not disappointed!
    @F350Cummins has one just like that in Silver. He's almost a Jersey boy. Lives in Denville now. I have a 03 short bed RWD Weesven out in Saylorsburg PA has one like that and I thing @fourteen has an 03 long bed. I have the FSM for the 03 too. Plenty of help for you available

Congrats. Where is this gem located?

If you are picking ut up, i suggest you take someone who knows his way around a vehecile, real well. Read up on my How to buy in the help section. When you go to pick it up, you can always walk away from it or make a better deal on what you find. Don't be fooled with a shiny paint job

S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

5. Top Of Page | #15

User Info Menu

Hi Polaraco, yes I must admit I'm nervous. Swore to never buy another northeast ruster and was searching Ebay/Craigslist down south and Texas. Prices much higher. Was watching this one on Ebay and threw in a bid with 5 minutes left not really expecting to win but did. I actually printed your excellent post on "How to buy a used 2nd Gen Dodge Pickup" and have probably done most of the repairs you're checking for on my 97 Ram 1500. Any more specific things I should be looking for related to 2500 and cummins vs 1500 gas? My hope is that with that many miles it had to be a lot of highway driving and likely a lot of things have been replaced by now. The interior is clean and the prior owner saved receipts so hopefully they kept up on maintenance. The truck is at a small dealer in Ledgewood NJ near Rte 80 and Rte 46 about 2 hrs from me. If it's a rust bucket or seems to need a lot of repairs I won't hesitate to walk away from it and keep looking. From the pics on the listing there looked like a little rust bubbling on the bottom of the tailgate, frame rails looked like only light surface rust but have to see in person. Do the 2003 suffer from same problem areas as 1997 - door bottoms, rockers, generally everything underneath? On the pics it looks like an aftermarket fuel filter mounted to inside of frame rail, ATS air horn, and cold air intake, and a-pillar gauge pod which from reading a lot of posts here seem like common upgrades. If there were local knowledgeable member I'd be willing to pay for them to come with me for inspection... Tried to upload more pics but said I exceeded my limit

6. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  7. Top Of Page | #16

User Info Menu

i picked up my 03 CCLB 4x4 for 8K from an ebay set up. had 139K if I recall, just some cosmetic dings, and a dent. still has them and at 194K now

2014 Ram 2500 CCSB Ram Box Larime
    2011 Ram 5500
    2006 Diesel Jeep Liberty
    RIP. 2016 Tradesman 2500 picked up 9/28/16 MM3 DRD Tuning 107K miles wrecked by jeep wrangler.....

Other Toys: 1973 Charger Bougham edition 400 big block 42K original miles
    Unicycles (about 3 dozen)

6 in a row makes her go

8. Top Of Page | #17

User Info Menu

Hi Polaraco, yes I must admit I'm nervous. Swore to never buy another northeast ruster and was searching Ebay/Craigslist down south and Texas. Prices much higher. Was watching this one on Ebay and threw in a bid with 5 minutes left not really expecting to win but did. I actually printed your excellent post on "How to buy a used 2nd Gen Dodge Pickup" and have probably done most of the repairs you're checking for on my 97 Ram 1500. Any more specific things I should be looking for related to 2500 and cummins vs 1500 gas? My hope is that with that many miles it had to be a lot of highway driving and likely a lot of things have been replaced by now. The interior is clean and the prior owner saved receipts so hopefully they kept up on maintenance. The truck is at a small dealer in Ledgewood NJ near Rte 80 and Rte 46 about 2 hrs from me. If it's a rust bucket or seems to need a lot of repairs I won't hesitate to walk away from it and keep looking. From the pics on the listing there looked like a little rust bubbling on the bottom of the tailgate, frame rails looked like only light surface rust but have to see in person. Do the 2003 suffer from same problem areas as 1997 - door bottoms, rockers, generally everything underneath? On the pics it looks like an aftermarket fuel filter mounted to inside of frame rail, ATS air horn, and cold air intake, and a-pillar gauge pod which from reading a lot of posts here seem like common upgrades. If there were local knowledgeable member I'd be willing to pay for them to come with me for inspection... Tried to upload more pics but said I exceeded my limit

ledgewood is just down the road from @Polaraco and I, and where I got my truck from. Wonder if its the same place. care to offer a link to the ended auction?

2011 Ram 5500
    2006 Diesel Jeep Liberty
    RIP. 2016 Tradesman 2500 picked up 9/28/16 MM3 DRD Tuning 107K miles wrecked by jeep wrangler.....

6 in a row makes her go

9. Top Of Page | #18

User Info Menu

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2003-Dodge-R...p2047675.l2557 fits your description. Same place I got mine from.

2011 Ram 5500
    2006 Diesel Jeep Liberty

6 in a row makes her go

10. Top Of Page | #19

User Info Menu

Then I am your Eyes and ears. Ledgewood is 10 minutes west of me. Looking at the picture, it's at a dealer. If I look hard enough I could probably tell you which one. Is that the Toyoyo dealer?

When are we meeting?

11. Top Of Page | #20

User Info Menu

@Mkam383

Guess what @F350Cummins. It is your guy. The RR tracks and the BillBoard

The truck is in Kenvil. It's 4 minutes from here with all green lights. LOL That's where Alex got his 03. Alex's had some mechanical issues and I believed we negotiated a deal on it

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast