Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  18
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Thuren front level w/trac bar vs carli front level with ahocks

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Thuren front level w/trac bar vs carli front level with ahocks

I have been reading the leveling threads. All habe talked about the coils and shocks. I’m on a budget. The Thuren front level with track bar is cheaper that carli front coils with Fox shocks.
    My questions is how important is the track bar I can get Thuren overland and track bar for cheaper that carli level with Fox shocks.

2. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Thuren front level w/trac bar vs carli front level with ahocks

Quote Originally Posted by Jsandy View Post
    I have been reading the leveling threads. All habe talked about the coils and shocks. I’m on a budget. The Thuren front level with track bar is cheaper that carli front coils with Fox shocks.
    My questions is how important is the track bar I can get Thuren overland and track bar for cheaper that carli level with Fox shocks.

The track bar is EXTREMELY important and you do not want to skip out on that.

The thuren overland shocks are going to be an entry level shock to help you get into the kit more easily. They are a little bit better then stock. If your on a budget then these will do until you can get a set of his custom tuned shocks later on.

Let me know as im a Thuren dealer and would love to help you out.

Message or text me 281-895-3833

Matthew 6:9-13, 2 Corinthians 5:20
    See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email us at:
    sales@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

4. Thanks cumminsdieselfreak thanked for this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Go to Thuren's web site and check out the tech section. Lots of great info there. Track bar is next on my list. My 2012 has 50,000 and just doesn't handle like it should.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

2012 CCSB Saddle Brown Pearl... DRD tuned

6. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dude's Diesel Performance View Post
    The track bar is EXTREMELY important and you do not want to skip out on that.

The thuren overland shocks are going to be an entry level shock to help you get into the kit more easily. They are a little bit better then stock. If your on a budget then these will do until you can get a set of his custom tuned shocks later on.

Let me know as im a Thuren dealer and would love to help you out.

Message or text me 281-895-3833
    As Clayton stated the track bar is extremely important. What year truck do you have and how many miles. If the truck is brand new with less than 30,000 miles you can get away with the stock track bar if money is tight. But realize this will only get you by for about 10 or 15,000 miles while you save some cash to get the upgraded track bar. I have Thuren stuff in my truck and couldn't be happier.
    Reach out to Clayton at Dudes Diesel he is very knowledgeable on both these systems and will help answer any questions. Also as @TH-64 said go to Thurens website Don has a ton of great info there as well.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

2018 Ram 2500 Granite Crystal Laramie Sport 4x4 CCSB
    Thuren 2.75 front with Fox RR/ 1.0 rear with .75 spacer and King 2.0/ Thuren frt/Rear track bars
    American Racing ATX AX202 18x9 5"bs 35X12.5 Nitto Ridge Grapplers
    ARE Camper Top

8. Likes watersupply189, 25-06 liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

I have a 2016 2500 mega cab. 26000 miles.

10. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

I have a 2016 2500 mega cab. 26000 miles.
    Depending on what you are looking to spend at the moment you could just do the front springs and overland shocks for about $500.00, at 26,000 miles you could probably push the front track bar a few more miles till you save more cash.

What are you looking for out of the truck.if it is ride and a well thought out suspension that works, stick with Thuren or Carli.

If your just looking for a spring level kit people have had good luck with the Bilstien 2.3" level kit. It is springs and NOT spacers and 5100 series bilstien shocks for like $399.00 they have a kit with front and rear shocks for under $700.00 also, the ride wont be much different than stock. I would still recommend a track bar down the road with this setup as well. This is still a much better choice than a spacer!! Like I said its all in what you want out of the suspension.

Hope this helps.

Thuren 2.75 front with Fox RR/ 1.0 rear with .75 spacer and King 2.0/ Thuren frt/Rear track bars
    ARE Camper Top

12. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  13. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

Thanks for all the help.

14. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  15. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

I have 2" rc coils, carli overland shocks, aftermarket short arms, and stock track bar with eom style rubber bushings. Had poly bushings before but didnt hold up.

I can def feel the softer rubber bushings when turning and there is light bumpsteer but it's perfectly driveable. Stock steering box with 200k miles, updated steering and bilstein damper. Depending on how the bushings hold I wont be getting new one unless I get bigger tires.

For the cheapest option I would get spacers, carli overland shocks, control arms not completely necessary but a good idea, and just Google track bars for your truck.

https://www.synergymfg.com/synergy-a...e-ram-4x4.html

This one looks beefy

16. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  17. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by rollcoal9000 View Post
    I have 2" rc coils, carli overland shocks, aftermarket short arms, and stock track bar with eom style rubber bushings. Had poly bushings before but didnt hold up.

I can def feel the softer rubber bushings when turning and there is light bumpsteer but it's perfectly driveable. Stock steering box with 200k miles, updated steering and bilstein damper. Depending on how the bushings hold I wont be getting new one unless I get bigger tires.

For the cheapest option I would get spacers, carli overland shocks, control arms not completely necessary but a good idea, and just Google track bars for your truck.

https://www.synergymfg.com/synergy-a...e-ram-4x4.html

This one looks beefy
    He has a 2016. It has a single radius arm up front and the coils sit at a funky angle. Spacers are not the best way to level the radius arm trucks.

The 2013 and earlier trucks use a 4 link like yours and the spring is straight up in those trucks. Those trucks are much more forgiving on parts selection and ride quality. You can get away with the cheaper parts and mix match a bunch of stuff in the 2013 and earlier trucks.

The 2014 up 2500 trucks are much more sensitive to the parts you use.

ARE Camper Top

18. Thanks rollcoal9000 thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, 25-06 liked this post
  19. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

Still just use Google to find one

20. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast