Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  7

Thread: Turbo clamp issue

1. Top Of Page | #1

Turbo clamp issue

So I switched over to the 5" Flo pro tbe about 800 miles ago. So far I've had to go back over the v clamp on the turbo twice already. Has anyone else had this issue? And if so how did you fix it? BTW 2017 2500 ccsb

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

2. Likes walla2k5, watersupply189 liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Turbo clamp issue

Quote Originally Posted by Djfundamentalz View Post
    So I switched over to the 5" Flo pro tbe about 800 miles ago. So far I've had to go back over the v clamp on the turbo twice already. Has anyone else had this issue? And if so how did you fix it? BTW 2017 2500 ccsb

What do you mean "go back over"? You mean retighten?

Put a new clamp on it. The nuts on them are binding nuts to prevent loosening. Are you sure the pipe is straight on the flange?

https://www.genosgarage.com/category/exhaust-clamps
    @Geno's Garage

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

4. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

Yes pipe on flush Everytime

6. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

I had the same issue a few weeks ago. Bolt either broke or self loosened and fell out. I bought a replacement and after the split castle nut I tightened up a regular nut on top in order to stretch the bolt between the nuts just enough to keep the castle nut from loosening if the mock up nut were to back off.

2016 ram 2500 hd slt mega-cab cummins g-56 (metallic gray pearlcoat or something of the sort) deleted and custom tuned by Ray (the king) @ doublerdiesel on mm3 platform with 5" turbo back exhaust by flo-pro & DD valair organic clutch
    looking for 30,000 gpm injectors @ a fair price btw LOL

8. Thanks Djfundamentalz thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, Djfundamentalz liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

I've had to tighten mine up a couple times. Now I check it when I change the oil. I can usually hear a little more turbo noise when I know it might need to be tightened. I probably should just replace the clamp, but wow is that downpipe a giant pain to deal with. But it does need to be clearanced some at the transmission line.....

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

10. Likes watersupply189 liked this post