Thanks Thanks:  11
Likes Likes:  38
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Yes, 28+ unloaded isn't a dream!!!!

1. Top Of Page | #71

User Info Menu

Re: Yes, 28+ unloaded isn't a dream!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Rhinopkc View Post
    Unless you have baseline data, all of this data you are presenting now doesn’t really support your tuning claim. The data logs, flow scans, gps logs, and whatever else you publish should be accompanied by a baseline set of logs with the same parameters. If not, it just another unsupported claim that a product is producing a certain result. It’s like the magnets on the fuel lines, or the unicorn blood in the fuel tank. Remember Slick 50? I’m not saying you can’t tune for a little better mileage, but unless you have the baseline set of numbers to look at, it’s hard to buy a forty percent improvement from just a tune. I’m pretty sure you can get a job tuning for OEMs if you can boost their fuel efficiency by that much.
    Current emission standards and the equipment used would not be able to be used with this efficiency, technology isn't there. I'll ask you to look at a stock calibration and talk to the men/ women who did the work. They will tell you it is based on ftp and is tuned to meet it. Less regard to fuel mileage than you think. I used to instruct the techs who ran the ftps. I then collected the emission data and discussed it with the people who made changes. Half of them had no interest in cars, they worked their 49 hours a week and went home. I hope to get to the point where I can meet emissions and continue to get the same mileage, that's why I'm working on developing alternative ways to reduce emissions.

Btw, I quit because I have a hard time with educated idiots.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

2. Top Of Page | #72
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Well, I just didn’t see any reference to you running baselines before tweaking your tuning in your original post, then your posts kind of jump to you running flow gauges on your polished up tuning. You never mention running all of these tests at the outset of your endeavor.

3. Top Of Page | #73

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Rhinopkc View Post
    Well, I just didn’t see any reference to you running baselines before tweaking your tuning in your original post, then your posts kind of jump to you running flow gauges on your polished up tuning. You never mention running all of these tests at the outset of your endeavor.
    the flow gauges are merely there to show data, not to be compared to my baselines. My baseline is basically the amount of miles vs gallons used. The same as what I'm comparing now.

4. Top Of Page | #74

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by wildcoyote View Post
    Sorry about not replying, I just got the notifications on tapatalk. I don't drive slower than the limit, I set cruise to 70 on the interstate and 55 on the regular roads, both of which those are the maximum limits. Nothing special, the datalog will show that. I perhaps use my brakes less and carry momentum and predict lights, but I'm not doing anything crazy. I Have things to do just like everybody else. Any time I mention driving slow, I did so because I know a few people who drive 85 on every road they are on an they do pay for it in mileage. If you say 20-22 driving slow everywhere, what about idle time and warm up? That's not horrible, but if you're babying it, something's up.

Gotcha. I gave up on babying her. I just get in a drive. I see 20-22 on summer fuel while running 65-75 on the highways. I'm more of a 5over kind of guy. Mpgs right now are 2-3 less with the same driving habits thanks to winter fuel and some warm up time in the mornings to help clear the frost of the windows. Not complaining a bit because she makes me smile every time I get in to drive.

Greg
    2012 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | Custom tuned by Double R Diesel
    2016 | Heartland Pioneer | DS310

Greg
    2019 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | 6.4 HEMI

5. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678