Thanks Thanks:  5
Likes Likes:  24
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Air bags

1. Top Of Page | #1
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Air bags

Is it worth putting and air bag system in a ram 3500 dually? I do a lot of towing and I'm wondering if it would be beneficial or not.

Thanks in advance!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Air bags

@Polaraco has them. I noticed a nicer ride comparing his 03 and my 03 at the time. Wasnt sure if it was bed length, 2wd vs 4wd or the bags, but I narrowed it down to the bags. there are other benefits I hear about but others with more experience with them can weigh in better than I can

2014 Ram 2500 CCSB Ram Box Larime
    2011 Ram 5500
    2006 Diesel Jeep Liberty
    RIP. 2016 Tradesman 2500 picked up 9/28/16 MM3 DRD Tuning 107K miles wrecked by jeep wrangler.....

Other Toys: 1973 Charger Bougham edition 400 big block 42K original miles
    Unicycles (about 3 dozen)

6 in a row makes her go

4. Thanks anthonysalzl thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, Power247 liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

I had airbags on my 1/2 ton and it made a world of difference when towing. Really firmed up the ride. I just ordered a set of airlift 5000s for my 2500 now that we have a bigger camper. A side benefit is that they help minimize axle wrap when out on the sand.

Greg
    2012 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | Custom tuned by Double R Diesel
    2016 | Heartland Pioneer | DS310

Greg
    2019 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | 6.4 HEMI

6. Thanks anthonysalzl thanked for this post
  7. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

I don't have a dually.... but the air bags I put on my 2500 have been by far my favourite mod. My truck is lifted and has been for awhile. It started to get "saggy" in the rear... even worse when I put our camper on it. Some guys like it... I've heard it called all kinds of things. "Country boy lean"... "Cali squat" etc. I hated it. I installed the air lift 5000 ultimate with the wireless one compressor. Wasn't cheap but WELL worth it!! Zero squat , no matter what it's hooked too. Rides better... drives better. I can adjust the PSI from inside or outside the truck with the key fob sized remote. Didn't have to run wires or airlines into the cab.

2012 Dodge 2500 6 inch suspension lift 4 inch body lift sitting on 41's DPF delete Straight pipe turbo back twin stacks road armour front and rear bumpers mini max tuner...tuned by DOUBLE R DIESEL

8. Thanks anthonysalzl thanked for this post
  9. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Just don't tee them together. You'll have body roll if you do

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

10. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

Hint just a semi auto ride hight control valve with1 air line in and 2 separate air lines out .work as it says fully automatic as long as your air tank has something in it. The more you truck squats the more air it puts in take the weight out and it lets the air out no Valves in the cab and no Buttons to push. Looks like this or close to it. http://m.ebay.com/itm/NEW-HENDRICKSO...%257Ciid%253A1

11. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  12. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MRMAYHEM View Post
    I don't have a dually.... but the air bags I put on my 2500 have been by far my favourite mod. My truck is lifted and has been for awhile. It started to get "saggy" in the rear... even worse when I put our camper on it. Some guys like it... I've heard it called all kinds of things. "Country boy lean"... "Cali squat" etc. I hated it. I installed the air lift 5000 ultimate with the wireless one compressor. Wasn't cheap but WELL worth it!! Zero squat , no matter what it's hooked too. Rides better... drives better. I can adjust the PSI from inside or outside the truck with the key fob sized remote. Didn't have to run wires or airlines into the cab.

Man that sounds like a cool and sweet setup bud

2012 Cummins Ram 6.7L MM3 tuner full 5" Flo Pro TBE Exhaust LWBCC 4x4 Mag Hytec Double Deep Transmission Pan , Mag Hytec Rear Diff Cover
    Airlift part # 57595 7500lbs airbags ,Nitto Ridge Grapplers 35/12.50/20 on XD 829 Big Hoss ll Satin Black Machined Dark Tint 20 x 9 with + 18 offset rims,MM3 Tuner With full Custom Tunes by Ray at DRD , Autometer A13117 Pillar Pod , Edge 98004 mount adapter , Mag Hytec front diff cover, SuperNova V4 LED Headlight Bulbs

13. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  14. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

My truck has an aftermarket bed on it, my welder and lots of tools so I weight a lot. I thought this truck just rode rough but after looking further into it I was on the overloads. This week I installed firestone air bags, I now have 3-4 inches until I hit overloads, it rides like a Cadillac in comparison. It doesn't bounce across bumps and bridges, it now floats across them. I would highly recommend them if you are heavy or are going to tow heavy. BTW I only have 30lbs of air in them can go as high as 100lbs.

15. Likes watersupply189, anthonysalzl liked this post
  16. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Sarahnbj View Post
    My truck has an aftermarket bed on it, my welder and lots of tools so I weight a lot. I thought this truck just rode rough but after looking further into it I was on the overloads. This week I installed firestone air bags, I now have 3-4 inches until I hit overloads, it rides like a Cadillac in comparison. It doesn't bounce across bumps and bridges, it now floats across them. I would highly recommend them if you are heavy or are going to tow heavy. BTW I only have 30lbs of air in them can go as high as 100lbs.
    I heard that I am going to probably put a service bed on my truck within the next year as my bed and cab of my truck I haul tools and materials use my truck as a truck I am on my overload springs as I was looking at it the other day I will probably most likely be installing the airlift # 7500 lbs bags also pulling trailer all the time

2012 Cummins Ram 6.7L MM3 tuner full 5" Flo Pro TBE Exhaust LWBCC 4x4 Mag Hytec Double Deep Transmission Pan , Mag Hytec Rear Diff Cover
    Airlift part # 57595 7500lbs airbags ,Nitto Ridge Grapplers 35/12.50/20 on XD 829 Big Hoss ll Satin Black Machined Dark Tint 20 x 9 with + 18 offset rims,MM3 Tuner With full Custom Tunes by Ray at DRD , Autometer A13117 Pillar Pod , Edge 98004 mount adapter , Mag Hytec front diff cover, SuperNova V4 LED Headlight Bulbs

17. Likes anthonysalzl liked this post
  18. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

Definitely love air bags and our favorite brand is the air lift!

On my old personal truck i had i ran the airlift 5000 with the day star cradles so that i wouldnt be giving up much suspension travel.

Matthew 6:9-13, 2 Corinthians 5:20
    See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email us at:
    sales@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

19. Likes MRMAYHEM, IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast