Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  36
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: think the trans just went

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

think the trans just went

driving 30 on the way home from work I got a gear 4 ratio incorrect code. seems like its stuck in 4th gear on me now. refreshed the ECM with no help. was saving for the trans upgrade but wasn't near ready for that....

2. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: think the trans just went

Quote Originally Posted by arnoldsq View Post
    driving 30 on the way home from work I got a gear 4 ratio incorrect code. seems like its stuck in 4th gear on me now. refreshed the ECM with no help. was saving for the trans upgrade but wasn't near ready for that....
    It could be just a sensor failure

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

3. Likes david3gen, AnOldBiker liked this post
  4. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Polaraco View Post
    It could be just a sensor failure
    That would be best case and would make me happy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Likes cumminsbadgirl, Sisupower, david3gen liked this post
  6. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

That would be best case and would make me happy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Next time put the truck info in the text box please

You must have codes with the trans in limp mode.

Do you have a tuner? What mods, mileage. We need all that stuff. Come on mannnn The crystal ball aint that good.

S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

7. Likes Sisupower, david3gen, AnOldBiker liked this post
  8. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Next time put the truck info in the text box please

You must have codes with the trans in limp mode.

Do you have a tuner? What mods, mileage. We need all that stuff. Come on mannnn The crystal ball aint that good.
    My bad completely forgot that info. its a 2015 3500 single rear with only 36381 miles on it. code was P0734 "incorrect output at converter 4th gear" I am running rays tunes mainly in the 60hp setting and put it up to he 90 tune. local trans shop seems to think the dealership will cover it so that will be tomorrows project to call. Original symptoms before clearing codes and reflash was the manual gear indicator came on in 4th and had power under 4th only didn't seem to downshift. stopped cleared codes and no fwd or revere movement. reflashed and does the same. out of gear trans pressure is 110 in gear on throttle its 170. think that's all the info I have at least from work. glad they allow ATV's to be street legal out here.

9. Likes Hulk, Sisupower, david3gen liked this post
  10. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

My bad completely forgot that info. its a 2015 3500 single rear with only 36381 miles on it. code was P0734 "incorrect output at converter 4th gear" I am running rays tunes mainly in the 60hp setting and put it up to he 90 tune. local trans shop seems to think the dealership will cover it so that will be tomorrows project to call. Original symptoms before clearing codes and reflash was the manual gear indicator came on in 4th and had power under 4th only didn't seem to downshift. stopped cleared codes and no fwd or revere movement. reflashed and does the same. out of gear trans pressure is 110 in gear on throttle its 170. think that's all the info I have at least from work. glad they allow ATV's to be street legal out here.
    Have you contacted Ray @Double R Diesel yet?

11. Likes Sisupower, AnOldBiker liked this post
  12. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

Have you contacted Ray @Double R Diesel yet?
    It's in limp mode for sure. Could be a stuck valve or solenoid but it also could be something broken as well. Definitely gotta go to the shop.

Ray
    Double R Diesel, LLC
    www.doublerdiesel.com
    info@doublerdiesel.com

The Cummins Whisperer! John 3:16, Romans 10:9-10...Tuning for the Heart and Soul.

13. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS, Sisupower, AnOldBiker liked this post
  14. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

didnt think tune related so no I never contacted. but with only 6K on the tunes I'm betting this was just a matter of time.

15. Likes Sisupower liked this post
  16. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Double R Diesel View Post
    It's in limp mode for sure. Could be a stuck valve or solenoid but it also could be something broken as well. Definitely gotta go to the shop.

Ray
    Double R Diesel, LLC
    www.doublerdiesel.com
    info@doublerdiesel.com
    Thanks Ray I had to have your .02 since you are the master.

17. Likes Power247, Sisupower, AnOldBiker liked this post
  18. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

1.jpg
    And there she goes its a sad day.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast