Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: 2012 ram speaker upgrade

1. Top Of Page | #1

2012 ram speaker upgrade

Hello everyone. I bought a wrecked 2012 ram limited Laramie last August. The truck had, from what I was told, a $7,000 sound system in it that was removed before I got it. I rebuilt it and the last thing I did was add new speakers.i bought Polk audio 6x9's.
    Model: DB691 db series
    RMS: 250 watts per pair / 125 watts each
    Peak: 600 watts per pair / 300 watts each
    Impedance: 4-ohms
    Frequency response: 35-22,000 Hz
    Sensitivity: 93 dB.
    My problem is I can barely here anything from the door speakers. The center dash speaker and tweeters work great! But its really hard to hear with a 5" exhaust and rays tuning. Does anyone know where to start?

2012 Ram 2500 Limited Longhorn. Fiberwerx fenders and bedsides. full frame off rebuild. Rays mm3 warp tunes with 5" turbo back. 32k miles and now my DD
    2005 Ram 2500. Slt, 6" TGC long arm lift with 37's, 60 horse nozzles, CAI, 4" turbo back, GDP intake manifold, full billet trans, smarty S06-POD with TNT, and 260k miles and counting!

2. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: 2012 ram speaker upgrade

Quote Originally Posted by cumminsfan88 View Post
    Hello everyone. I bought a wrecked 2012 ram limited Laramie last August. The truck had, from what I was told, a $7,000 sound system in it that was removed before I got it. I rebuilt it and the last thing I did was add new speakers.i bought Polk audio 6x9's.
    Model: DB691 db series
    RMS: 250 watts per pair / 125 watts each
    Peak: 600 watts per pair / 300 watts each
    Impedance: 4-ohms
    Frequency response: 35-22,000 Hz
    Sensitivity: 93 dB.
    My problem is I can barely here anything from the door speakers. The center dash speaker and tweeters work great! But its really hard to hear with a 5" exhaust and rays tuning. Does anyone know where to start?
    This is the nature of the factory Alpine system. The front doors are only fed midbase signal from the factory amp. All the highs come from the dash and rear doors, and a little from the speakers in the headliner. Also, the factory alpine speakers are 2ohm so replacing them with 4 oh speakers will reduce overall speaker output.

All this assumes the factory amp is still being used.

Greg
    2012 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | MM3 tuned by Double R Diesel
    2016 | Heartland Pioneer | DS310

Greg
    2019 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | 6.4 HEMI