Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  9
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What do you do with your DPF after you delete it

1. Top Of Page | #1

What do you do with your DPF after you delete it

Hello everyone! I just deleted my '12 with 33k miles on it. And now I have the old exhaust and egr system off the truck. I know there are core buyers out there. But they will give you like 200 bucks. Does anyone know someone that needs the full setup from turbo back? I have every nut and bolt that came off. If not does anyone know where to get better prices?

2012 Ram 2500 Limited Longhorn. Fiberwerx fenders and bedsides. full frame off rebuild. Rays mm3 warp tunes with 5" turbo back. 32k miles and now my DD
    2005 Ram 2500. Slt, 6" TGC long arm lift with 37's, 60 horse nozzles, CAI, 4" turbo back, GDP intake manifold, full billet trans, smarty S06-POD with TNT, and 260k miles and counting!

2. Likes walla2k5 liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: What do you do with your DPF after you delete it

Quote Originally Posted by cumminsfan88 View Post
    Hello everyone! I just deleted my '12 with 33k miles on it. And now I have the old exhaust and egr system off the truck. I know there are core buyers out there. But they will give you like 200 bucks. Does anyone know someone that needs the full setup from turbo back? I have every nut and bolt that came off. If not does anyone know where to get better prices?
    Many of us hold on to them for when they go to sell the truck. Then there are others who sell them. Thos converters are full of precious metals. You can find a converter recycler and sell it to them. I suggest holding on to that big buck stuff. They're not going to get any cheaper

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

4. Likes walla2k5 liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

I was literally just trying to find a thread to see how much people get for the factory exhaust either selling it to an individual or to a scrapper. Hopefully some people chime in who have sold them

2016 2500 slt. 4x4. 20x10 moto metal 970s on 305-55-20. Fully deleted with mm3. 5 inch tbe.

6. Likes walla2k5 liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #4

I have no intentions of ever selling the truck. Nor will I put it back to stock. Where I live they have no emissions testing and they have/are doing away with inspections all together. I do know they are full if precious metals and would assume I could get more than 200 out of it.

2012 Ram 2500 Limited Longhorn. Fiberwerx fenders and bedsides. full frame off rebuild. Rays mm3 warp tunes with 5" turbo back. 32k miles and now my DD
    2005 Ram 2500. Slt, 6" TGC long arm lift with 37's, 60 horse nozzles, CAI, 4" turbo back, GDP intake manifold, full billet trans, smarty S06-POD with TNT, and 260k miles and counting!

8. Likes walla2k5 liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

I have no intentions of ever selling the truck. Nor will I put it back to stock. Where I live they have no emissions testing and they have/are doing away with inspections all together. I do know they are full if precious metals and would assume I could get more than 200 out of it.
    I know here in nc you can just look around on craigslist and there is listings for scrap guys that are wanting to buy them but there is no pricing. If I were to guess i would think like 4-500 but I'm curious what they actually pay.

2016 2500 slt. 4x4. 20x10 moto metal 970s on 305-55-20. Fully deleted with mm3. 5 inch tbe.

10. Likes walla2k5 liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dwelsh View Post
    I was literally just trying to find a thread to see how much people get for the factory exhaust either selling it to an individual or to a scrapper. Hopefully some people chime in who have sold them
    Quote Originally Posted by Dwelsh View Post
    I know here in nc you can just look around on craigslist and there is listings for scrap guys that are wanting to buy them but there is no pricing. If I were to guess i would think like 4-500 but I'm curious what they actually pay.
    Go right to the recycler. Don't take it to a junk yard. You'll get more for them. I suggest haggling for $50/75 bucks more than they offer.

So not selling the truck in the future solved that problem. Glad I pointed you in the right direction.

S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

12. Likes walla2k5 liked this post
  13. Top Of Page | #7

Thank you for the help sir. Do you know of any recyclers? I dont have any around my area that I know of. Just scrap yards.

14. Likes walla2k5 liked this post
  15. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

Thank you for the help sir. Do you know of any recyclers? I dont have any around my area that I know of. Just scrap yards.
    Hey Not a problem. I don't know where you are. I'm in Jorsey

16. Likes walla2k5 liked this post
  17. Top Of Page | #9

Do you still have the EGR cooler and the EGR valve and everything between it?

18. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

Not a bad idea to hang onto that stuff, may need it someday the way environmental stuff is going, it might go nationwide. Wyoming would be the absolute last past in the world it would happen, and I'm not even so sure about that anymore. I've said I would never get rid of a certain outfit too, I have lost count of how many times. Just my two cents bud take it for what's it worth.

Diesel Master Tech Certified - ICML Machinery Lube Certified

2002 QCLB 2500 5.9 HO NV5600 =
    Ranch truck with CM Flatbed, DPS Exh/Int Manifolds, Boost Elbow
    2018 CCLB 2500 ST 6.7 G56 = Glacier intake manifold & horn, Flo-pro 4" SS, MM3 with DRD 30hp tune, Valair quiet dual disc clutch, Laramie 18's powder coated black and blackout badges

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast