Thanks Thanks:  1,458
Likes Likes:  2,874
Page 9 of 253 FirstFirst ... 78910111959109 ... LastLast

Thread: RaceME Ultra Update and Upcoming RaceME Custom Tuning

1. Top Of Page | #81

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by orlandom View Post
    Hey guys, wanted to post where I'm at so far:

15 Mega 4x4 on 35's. Averaging 18mpg. Get 21MPG @ 78MPH. Great power here at sea level.

I do have some rattle noise and I am usually on the plus 30 or 60 in the lowest of all timing/pressure settings. Anybody have some more knowledge on this? Is it bad for diesel engines like when a gas engine has detonation knocking? Or is it just the injectors I'm hearing from the increased flow? It sounds like my AISIN equipped 3500 at idle ( as you guy know the AISIN trucks come with a slightly stronger tune from the factory).

Also, my turbo sounds like a 379 Pete in Quick spool mode. Wow. Why is this? Is it going to shorten the life of the turbo?

Overall, I am pretty darn satisfied and Ray and Franz have been super cool to deal with..

I welcome any and all replies as I think the more we learn the better out trucks are dialed in. I often think maybe I'm getting slightly different results than some of you because I'm at sea level??
    The increased noise is still probably timing related. Without seeing the actual tune though, I can't say for sure. Increasing main injection timing will increase fuel efficiency and power to a point. What often happens is that when the main timing is increased, the pilot injection ( which is timed relative to the main) gets so far out from TDC that it becomes less effective in making the engine run quiet. Often times what guys refer to "injection rattle" on the newer common rails is simply the sound of the combustion event becoming more of a single event vs the normal multiple event with effective pilot. As long as the economy is good, the engine runs good, egts are normal... then no worries. One thing that we must realize is the RaceME probably has all their timing maps maximized for economy. So even though you can change timing, you may only be adjusting max timing... not necessarily the entire timing map from low to high rpm/load.

The quick spool setting does clamp down on the turbo control veins at low load/rpm. This in turns drives the turbo harder at idle and makes the whistle. It also allows boost to build very rapidly when you accelerate as well. Technically you are spinning the turbo harder than normal, so yes technically it could wear out faster...but most likely you won't lose the turbo prematurely from running this setting. Soot buildup in the sliding collar inside the turbo will most likely cause trouble before the shaft bearings ever wear out. Soot buildup is something that happens to all VGTs and stock trucks have more trouble than deleted ones.

Ray

www.doublerdiesel.com
    email: info@doublerdiesel.com

The Cummins Whisperer! John 3:16, Romans 10:9-10...Tuning for the Heart and Soul.

2. Thanks Power247, IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #82

User Info Menu

Quick question, It is my understanding that the RaceMe does not really unlock the ECM but just fools it with an unlock cable...

2015 3500 Mega DRW Aisan Deep Cherry Red

4. Top Of Page | #83

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by boatman22 View Post
    Quick question, It is my understanding that the RaceMe does not really unlock the ECM but just fools it with an unlock cable...
    It don't fool it but you are correct. The unlock cable communicates with the ecm, and allows the rsa signature to stay in place.

2015 Black Laramie CCSB 3500 SRW. Thuren Leveled With Fox 2.0 Shocks. Ride Rite Rear Air Bags With Wireless Airlift Onboard Air. 35" Toyos. All The Options Minus The Soot Cookers. RaceMe Ultra.

5. Likes DRD liked this post
  6. Top Of Page | #84

User Info Menu

Just a little update folks...

A little birdie told me that if all goes well, look for update next week that will allow OTF tuning on the 2010-12 pickups! Stay tuned!! 👍👍

Ray

www.doublerdiesel.com

The Cummins Whisperer! John 3:16, Romans 10:9-10...Tuning for the Heart and Soul.

7. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS, Power247 thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS, RATLIN'HP liked this post
  8. Top Of Page | #85

User Info Menu

Sweet!

Ask us how to become a Lifetime Platinum Member today!

"The grass is greener where you water it"

9. Thanks DRD thanked for this post
  10. Top Of Page | #86
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Good to hear they are making good progress developing their product. It's good to see the "new guys" kicking out excellent products and giving more options

Sent from a Well Head

11. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS, DRD thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS, DRD liked this post
  12. Top Of Page | #87
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

@Franz ever feel like branching out towards the powerstroke market I'll be happy to Guinea pig for ya! From everything I keep hearing and seeing, your one of the few that genuinely care and have a love for diesel performance. Not just a love for money like a lot of the companies out there.

Sent from a Well Head

13. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  14. Top Of Page | #88

User Info Menu

Its been 2 weeks...Any word on the 2012 OTF tuning.

15. Top Of Page | #89

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by buzzard01 View Post
    Its been 2 weeks...Any word on the 2012 OTF tuning.
    Last word I had was that there was an outbreak of Flu in the RaceME camp and that had put them behind.

Trust me, I'm very anxious about the coming update as well! A lot of guys out there are just waiting for more support options before taking the plunge!

What the latest update on product development Franz? @Franz

Ray

www.doublerdiesel.com

16. Top Of Page | #90

User Info Menu

OTF for 2010-12 is coming in next time
    2011-12 C&C support is coming in next time
    Idle shut down extended to 6 hours is in next release
    2016 truck support also coming soon, is as good as ready.

Working on TPMS system was not yet started because of other urgent programs we are developing

Franz

17. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS, DRD, Power247 thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS, DRD, RATLIN'HP liked this post
Page 9 of 253 FirstFirst ... 78910111959109 ... LastLast