4. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, walla2k5 liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #13

User Info Menu

Re: Couple of questions

Quote Originally Posted by Nhowell View Post
    Thank you. That's an extremely nice ride you got to buddy
    Thank you Sir!!!

2016 Ram Laramie 3500, G56, 6.7, MM3 tuned by Double R Diesel, Rough Country Leveling, 35x12.50 Nitto G2, HID headlights and fogs plus many many other add ons.....

2016 RAM 3500 4x4 Laramie Crew Cab
    Cummins,G56, Rough Country level, Morimoto LED fog lights, LED headlights, Lund Attitude Steps sprayed with Line-X, DRL's Activated, 35x12.50R18 Falken Wildpeak ATW3, Fuel Vapor Wheels Matte Black w/Dark Tint, A.R.E. Truck cap and swing boxes

6. Likes walla2k5 liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #14

User Info Menu

1. Living in south alabama where the winters are mild, is it ok to delete the grid heater

2. I'm not planning on going into the engine on this truck, it is a daily driver, with that said, with egr delete, and valve body delete, and whether I do or not delete the grid heater, will it be a benefit to add cold air induction and maybe a banks air inlet horn (sorry if thats not the correct name) this is my first diesel so I'm learning. Thanks in advance for the help. Also I will be adding a tuner
    The grid heater deletes will give you slightly better air flow into the engine for sure but like stated you can definitely save some money by just removing the intake horn and cleaning it up. If you are going to run over 500 hp or plan to have a bigger build in the future then it is recommended to have the grid heater delete and intake horn as every little bit helps on a dyno.

If you are just stock and want a single tune you will be fine with the factory intake horn. If you do decide to go aftermarket you will get a little better air flow and our number one seller is the GDP Mega flow.

The stock air filter is a great system believe it or not and does a fantastic job at filtering. The S&B intake does flow more air and has a little better filtration. Once again though if you are just wanting a single tune it is not necessary to get one. They do have great filtration and put lots of money into the research and developement as well. I have seen the wind tunnel they use and it is quite a site to see!

You will be fine with the stock parts right now though to help save you some money. Also congrats on the first diesel! No question is stupid. Especially not here. We love to help the newer guys. Don't ever be afraid to ask anything or to message someone privately for a question that you feel uncomfortable asking everyone.

If you plan on getting tunes we recommend double r diesel for their quality, customer support and down right fun awesome tunes! We are a dealer for them so if you are already not working with Mr. Ray or JJ we would love to earn your business.

Matthew 6:9-13, 2 Corinthians 5:20
    See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email us at:
    sales@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

8. Likes Power247, walla2k5, watersupply189 liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #15

User Info Menu

Thank you very much for the advice. I greatly appreciate it. I did order a cold air intake last night (it was an AFE) but I figured that will be all di do right now until I figure our what I want to do for sure. As far as cleaning the heater, is it as simple as removing the intake horn and literally brushing and cleaning the soot off while it is in place? Also as far as the grid heater, do I leave it powered up, or disconnect the power cable to prevent the heavy amp draw on the batteries? Thank you again

10. Likes walla2k5, watersupply189 liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #16

User Info Menu

Thank you. I'll put some pictures up as soon as I can figure it out LOLAttachment 6927
    Good looking pickup my friend.

2013 Ram 2500 Big Horn 4x4 G56 CCLB 6.7, MM3 Tuned by Double R Diesel, Flo-Pro 4" Exhaust, Deviant Race Parts Goodies, ARP Head Studs, South Bend Clutch, 3" Thuren Front Springs w/Fox Shocks All-Around, Hell-Bent Steel Steering Box Brace, Thuren Track Bar, Air-Lift 5000, Deviant Race Parts 70" Traction Bars, Falken Wild-Peak AT3W LT285/75R18 (34.8x11.3x18) on Moto Metal MO970 18x9 +18mm

12. Likes david3gen, watersupply189 liked this post
  13. Top Of Page | #17

User Info Menu

Thank you sir

14. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  15. Top Of Page | #18

User Info Menu

Thank you very much for the advice. I greatly appreciate it. I did order a cold air intake last night (it was an AFE) but I figured that will be all di do right now until I figure our what I want to do for sure. As far as cleaning the heater, is it as simple as removing the intake horn and literally brushing and cleaning the soot off while it is in place? Also as far as the grid heater, do I leave it powered up, or disconnect the power cable to prevent the heavy amp draw on the batteries? Thank you again
    I cleaned the grid heater with a small fine steel brush and a shop-vac to suck up the soot, so it wouldn't fall into the intake. It wasn't all that dirty but cleaned up nicely. As for the intake horn, after removing all the sensors, I soaked it in a bucket of diluted Purple Power cleaner for a couple hours. Scrubbed it with the same small brush and flushed it all out, clean as a whistle.

2013 Ram 2500 Big Horn 4x4 G56 CCLB 6.7, MM3 Tuned by Double R Diesel, Flo-Pro 4" Exhaust, Deviant Race Parts Goodies, ARP Head Studs, South Bend Clutch, 3" Thuren Front Springs w/Fox Shocks All-Around, Hell-Bent Steel Steering Box Brace, Thuren Track Bar, Air-Lift 5000, Deviant Race Parts 70" Traction Bars, Falken Wild-Peak AT3W LT285/75R18 (34.8x11.3x18) on Moto Metal MO970 18x9 +18mm

16. Thanks david3gen thanked for this post
    Likes Power247, david3gen, watersupply189 liked this post
  17. Top Of Page | #19

User Info Menu

Good deal thank you

18. Likes walla2k5, watersupply189 liked this post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12