Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  10

Thread: 2015 Delete pipe, or full exhaust?

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

2015 Delete pipe, or full exhaust?

OK, so I am looking to possibly delete soon, I will go with the MM3 lite most likely from what I have read about it. I am looking for longevity and reliability more than lots of power. My main question here is: Do you need to go with a full exhaust system? or are the delete pipes going to be just fine? From my prior experiences with my old 98 and older cummins was that anything over 4 inch was kind of a waste unless you were going well over 500hp.

Also do the delete pipes remove the muffler, or just the DPF and SCR?

Thanks for any and all feedback guys

2. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS, walla2k5 liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: 2015 Delete pipe, or full exhaust?

You don't necessarily need to go with the full exhaust if your tight on cash. It isn't that much more to do the full exhaust depending on brand. Most people usually do because the aftermarket ones are designed to have as little restrictions as possible and usually like to get rid of everything.

The delete pipes will remove everything from under the truck. It will make it a straight pipe truck if you get the delete pipes.

Quote Originally Posted by TK-Leather View Post
    OK, so I am looking to possibly delete soon, I will go with the MM3 lite most likely from what I have read about it. I am looking for longevity and reliability more than lots of power. My main question here is: Do you need to go with a full exhaust system? or are the delete pipes going to be just fine? From my prior experiences with my old 98 and older cummins was that anything over 4 inch was kind of a waste unless you were going well over 500hp.

Also do the delete pipes remove the muffler, or just the DPF and SCR?

Thanks for any and all feedback guys

Matthew 6:9-13, 2 Corinthians 5:20
    See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email us at:
    sales@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

4. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS, Power247, walla2k5 liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Thanks, that is what I thought but wanted to make sure. the delet pipes are around 250 bucks, where a downpipe back is almost 600 so if I am staying with 4 inch the delete pipes make way more sense

6. Likes Power247, walla2k5 liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

What exhaust were you looking at? Stainless? I'll send you a pm of a couple exhausts that i have that are cheaper then 600.00

Quote Originally Posted by TK-Leather View Post
    Thanks, that is what I thought but wanted to make sure. the delet pipes are around 250 bucks, where a downpipe back is almost 600 so if I am staying with 4 inch the delete pipes make way more sense

Matthew 6:9-13, 2 Corinthians 5:20
    See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email us at:
    sales@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

8. Likes walla2k5 liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dude's Diesel Performance View Post
    What exhaust were you looking at? Stainless? I'll send you a pm of a couple exhausts that i have that are cheaper then 600.00
    Yeah no **** $ 600.00 bucks is high

2012 Cummins Ram 6.7L MM3 tuner full 5" Flo Pro TBE Exhaust LWBCC 4x4 Mag Hytec Double Deep Transmission Pan , Mag Hytec Rear Diff Cover
    Airlift part # 57595 7500lbs airbags ,Nitto Ridge Grapplers 35/12.50/20 on XD 829 Big Hoss ll Satin Black Machined Dark Tint 20 x 9 with + 18 offset rims,MM3 Tuner With full Custom Tunes by Ray at DRD , Autometer A13117 Pillar Pod , Edge 98004 mount adapter , Mag Hytec front diff cover, SuperNova V4 LED Headlight Bulbs

10. Thanks DDP thanked for this post
    Likes DDP, walla2k5 liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

I paid way less then $ 600.00 and I bought 5" TBE full exhaust no muffler like just a little over $ 300.00 that was free shipping to my house FedEx

2012 Cummins Ram 6.7L MM3 tuner full 5" Flo Pro TBE Exhaust LWBCC 4x4 Mag Hytec Double Deep Transmission Pan , Mag Hytec Rear Diff Cover
    Airlift part # 57595 7500lbs airbags ,Nitto Ridge Grapplers 35/12.50/20 on XD 829 Big Hoss ll Satin Black Machined Dark Tint 20 x 9 with + 18 offset rims,MM3 Tuner With full Custom Tunes by Ray at DRD , Autometer A13117 Pillar Pod , Edge 98004 mount adapter , Mag Hytec front diff cover, SuperNova V4 LED Headlight Bulbs