Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  1

Thread: Emission tricks?

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Emission tricks?

Probably a dumb post but is there any little emissions "tricks" you can do to get a deleted truck to pass? I have an 09 and got stuff having to get tested and the truck is egr/cat/DPF deleted. Is there any way i can still pass? Im pretty sure all they do is plug in and whatnot(altho cant say 100%).

If not then ill need to find a factory exhaust...

~Trevor~ aka TPain!

-2009 Dodge Cummins 2500

2. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

"The grass is greener where you water it"

3. Top Of Page | #3
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

For kicks and grins I had mine tested just to see. Barring the visual portion my 09 passed. I can't remember which of the many tunes I got from Ray I was running tho. Iirc it was a quicker spooling, low fueling tune. Had a bit higher ebp than I liked... And writing it out is making me think it was his "I lifted my head so need a detuned version to limp around on" first version.

Sent from a Well Head

4. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

I had my 08 completely deleted with a stock H & S tune. Those were the days before MCC. It passed everything except for one gas it was looking for from the Cat Converter. Visually, I just hollowed out my DPF and NOX. It flows quite well. Of coarse, we were looking to see if it would pass and took it beyond what we thought the state would do. I since went to an 03 3500 which doesn't need an inspection here.

Now it's giving Ray @Double R Diesel LLC a nightmare with the UDC

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

6. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

How does the testing work? I don't have to do it here, but what I'm wondering is if you go to a local shop that is certified to emissions test, or how it takes place? I'm thinking if it ever has to be done here, a trip to a local shop with a case of beer, and I leave 15 minutes later without the beer, and a clean emissions report. Maybe it won't be quite that easy LOL, but there is some truth to the old saying it's not what you know, it's who you know sometimes. If you know what I mean?

2015 Black Laramie CCSB 3500 SRW. Thuren Leveled With Fox 2.0 Shocks. Ride Rite Rear Air Bags With Wireless Airlift Onboard Air. 35" Toyos. All The Options Minus The Soot Cookers. RaceMe Ultra.

7. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Boostf3d_TSi View Post
    Probably a dumb post but is there any little emissions "tricks" you can do to get a deleted truck to pass? I have an 09 and got stuff having to get tested and the truck is egr/cat/DPF deleted. Is there any way i can still pass? Im pretty sure all they do is plug in and whatnot(altho cant say 100%).

If not then ill need to find a factory exhaust...
    Depends on if they do plug in and how deep they check things. Any truck that has been flashed tuned to run deleted, will have certain codes blocked and/or certain logic turned off within the ECM. A comprehensive scan of the vehicles emission's readiness will reveal the truth. Do some investigation and talk to inspection stations prior to going in for inspection. That will tell you for sure what you need to do.

Ray

www.doublerdiesel.com
    email: info@doublerdiesel.com

The Cummins Whisperer! John 3:16, Romans 10:9-10...Tuning for the Heart and Soul.

8. Thanks Minion2012 thanked for this post