Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  20
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Trans Heat. What is to hot

1. Top Of Page | #11

Re: Trans Heat. What is to hot

So Everyone,
    Just an update. So I went to a local parts shop and found an Infrared Thermometer. AND!!! This is what I found. I am not sure maybe someone can answer this one and how to fix it or could it be a tune when I tapped into the OBDll Port? I have no clue. But if you see my EVIC and the the Thermometer there is a huge 20 degree difference? Notice the Ambient Temp. This settles me down a bit. 162.4 was shot at the pan and I shot the return line and it was 4 degrees cooler. So I bought a guage to take the reading at the pan and it's on its way. Just a piece of mind for my sake.

TheSleeperGoat.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

2. Likes watersupply189, Power247 liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #12

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by TheSleeperGoat View Post
    Well I am regeared went from 3.42 to 4.56's? Also running 37" tires. Temps here have been 90-100 degrees was running a grade stop and go for the most part. Had about 2 miles of open road then back to stop and go in town traffic. shifting seems to be ok. Trans is still I guess is doing the learning process since I put my MM3 tunes in. Heck I don't know if the cooler would be plugged? How is that checked. And would the fluid really make that much of a difference. If so I will run down and buy the Mopar stuff again. Maybe my EVIC is off? Not sure.

Yes trans fluid makes all the difference in the world

2012 Cummins Ram 6.7L MM3 tuner full 5" Flo Pro TBE Exhaust LWBCC 4x4 Mag Hytec Double Deep Transmission Pan , Mag Hytec Rear Diff Cover
    Airlift part # 57595 7500lbs airbags ,Nitto Ridge Grapplers 35/12.50/20 on XD 829 Big Hoss ll Satin Black Machined Dark Tint 20 x 9 with + 18 offset rims,MM3 Tuner With full Custom Tunes by Ray at DRD , Autometer A13117 Pillar Pod , Edge 98004 mount adapter , Mag Hytec front diff cover, SuperNova V4 LED Headlight Bulbs

4. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #13

User Info Menu

Thinking about this. Riddle me this if you don't mind. Do you guys think maybe my trans tune is not correct? If so I am not sure what to tell the folks that sent me the tunes?

Who did your tunes ?
    If it was Ray from DRD I would most definitely say that’s not the case !

2012 Cummins Ram 6.7L MM3 tuner full 5" Flo Pro TBE Exhaust LWBCC 4x4 Mag Hytec Double Deep Transmission Pan , Mag Hytec Rear Diff Cover
    Airlift part # 57595 7500lbs airbags ,Nitto Ridge Grapplers 35/12.50/20 on XD 829 Big Hoss ll Satin Black Machined Dark Tint 20 x 9 with + 18 offset rims,MM3 Tuner With full Custom Tunes by Ray at DRD , Autometer A13117 Pillar Pod , Edge 98004 mount adapter , Mag Hytec front diff cover, SuperNova V4 LED Headlight Bulbs

6. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #14

Well here is the culprate to all my trans heating issues and wierd shifting. Received the new one yesterday and installed the new one this morning before it got to hot. So....after I installed it hit all the busy streets this morning stock and go for about 45 min. Temp never went passed 168 degrees. Then went out on the hiway and ran the goat through the steep hills some stop and go places then the flats. Temp averaged 170. Truck shifts alot better as well. Only thing I have is a small leak on the return side but I think I have it stopped. I hate leaks..LOL. anyways if anyone is having issues like I had I would look here first. I hope this helps some one.

TheSleeperGoat

8. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, Power247 liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #15

User Info Menu

Well here is the culprate to all my trans heating issues and wierd shifting. Received the new one yesterday and installed the new one this morning before it got to hot. So....after I installed it hit all the busy streets this morning stock and go for about 45 min. Temp never went passed 168 degrees. Then went out on the hiway and ran the goat through the steep hills some stop and go places then the flats. Temp averaged 170. Truck shifts alot better as well. Only thing I have is a small leak on the return side but I think I have it stopped. I hate leaks..LOL. anyways if anyone is having issues like I had I would look here first. I hope this helps some one.

TheSleeperGoat

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...bfabd1b9d7.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...c9b35827a0.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...91fe182f0b.jpg

Congrats good job well done

10. Top Of Page | #16

User Info Menu

TheSleeperGoat

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...bfabd1b9d7.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...c9b35827a0.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...91fe182f0b.jpg

Glad you got it fixed! Thanks for the update.

2016 Ram Laramie 3500, G56, 6.7 tuned EGRless emissions compliant by Double R Diesel, Rough Country Leveling, 35x12.50 Nitto G2, HID headlights and fogs plus many many other add ons.....

2016 RAM 3500 4x4 Laramie Crew Cab ,G56

11. Likes david3gen liked this post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12