Thanks Thanks:  4
Likes Likes:  10

Thread: A/c electrical issues.....

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

A/c electrical issues.....

So I’m not very versed in the electrical stuff on my 2006. A/c went out long time ago and it’s never been a priority to fix it. Well I’ve got some parts on the way and I started diagnosing it myself and at the 2 pin connector to compressor I have constant 10v to 1 pin. Weather the ac button is on or off! Do I have a problem with my main board where the fuses are????

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

--Work gives you meaning and purpose, Life is empty without it--

2. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: A/c electrical issues.....

The 10V is low. The computer switches the ground side. Not the positive side. So voltage is always there
    I would double check that voltage. Maybe replace the fuse and make sure the connection on the high/low limit switch is good. I doubt it, but the system may be ready to lock out the compressor on low pressure

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

3. Thanks Sisupower, david3gen thanked for this post
    Likes Sisupower, david3gen liked this post
  4. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Polaraco View Post
    The 10V is low. The computer switches the ground side. Not the positive side. So voltage is always there
    I would double check that voltage. Maybe replace the fuse and make sure the connection on the high/low limit switch is good. I doubt it, but the system may be ready to lock out the compressor on low pressure
    Ok I’ll check that. I checked the compressor unplugged at the 2 pin connector and don’t have any resistance at all. I think there is a pressure sensor right by the compressor on one of the a/c hard lines. I’ll check that connection.

5. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Sisupower View Post
    Ok I’ll check that. I checked the compressor unplugged at the 2 pin connector and don’t have any resistance at all. I think there is a pressure sensor right by the compressor on one of the a/c hard lines. I’ll check that connection.

I just did mine last year, but forget already where it was. It's over there somewhere.

If you have to open the system, get a new reciever/dryer.

S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

6. Thanks Sisupower thanked for this post
  7. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Polaraco View Post
    I just did mine last year, but forget already where it was. It's over there somewhere.

If you have to open the system, get a new reciever/dryer.
    Yea I’ve got a new compressor, dryer and the line with orfise tube in it i think...

8. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

Yea I’ve got a new compressor, dryer and the line with orfise tube in it i think...

Wow! Going all out. Sanden compressors are the best. Just sayin

I put an evap in mine last year and just did the hoses and dryer. Mine's an 03. It's a pita

9. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

Yea my wife got it for me for Father’s Day with other gun stuff and fishing stuff. She knew I wasn’t going to get it myself so she got it for me!!

10. Likes Power247, david3gen liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

Yea my wife got it for me for Father’s Day with other gun stuff and fishing stuff. She knew I wasn’t going to get it myself so she got it for me!!

That’s a good wife

2012 Cummins Ram 6.7L MM3 tuner full 5" Flo Pro TBE Exhaust LWBCC 4x4 Mag Hytec Double Deep Transmission Pan , Mag Hytec Rear Diff Cover
    Airlift part # 57595 7500lbs airbags ,Nitto Ridge Grapplers 35/12.50/20 on XD 829 Big Hoss ll Satin Black Machined Dark Tint 20 x 9 with + 18 offset rims,MM3 Tuner With full Custom Tunes by Ray at DRD , Autometer A13117 Pillar Pod , Edge 98004 mount adapter , Mag Hytec front diff cover, SuperNova V4 LED Headlight Bulbs

12. Likes Sisupower, david3gen liked this post
  13. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

Lucky bas. . . . .

14. Thanks Sisupower thanked for this post