Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: ECM and MPG

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

ECM and MPG

Has anyone changed their ECM and gotten better MPG? I had a '07.5 and got 16 all day, but this '11 got 14 till delete and now 17. I have been following the WARP threads and now understand better that the base files are different, but don't get how? To me it seems if the tuning works from '07.5- '16 how come there is so much difference? Could I get a '07.5 ECM and program to get the same MPG? OR a newer one and the same? I know this is a litte out there but any thoughts??

2011 Big Horn CCSB. 3.73 gears, 68RFE, 255/80/17 Cooper SSTMaxx, 4" flo pro out the back, Race Me Ultra from Doublerdiesel, Full delete on top

2. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 68muleteem View Post
    Has anyone changed their ECM and gotten better MPG? I had a '07.5 and got 16 all day, but this '11 got 14 till delete and now 17. I have been following the WARP threads and now understand better that the base files are different, but don't get how? To me it seems if the tuning works from '07.5- '16 how come there is so much difference? Could I get a '07.5 ECM and program to get the same MPG? OR a newer one and the same? I know this is a litte out there but any thoughts??
    The older ECM will not work in a newer truck. There are too many other differences in the programming besides engine management. If MPG is what you want, I would talk to @Double R Diesel about the RaceMe tuner and get some MPG tuning. The end cost will probably be less than taking the truck to the dealer (Required) to Change ECM's.

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC